Breeding Kennel For Sale?

pesh

Hi All

Has anyone ever sold their breeding kennels?

As in, all 25 bitches, and two stud dogs, water bowls, beds, blankets, name rights etc etc etc.

Come across an advert yesterday and I've never seen anything like it before.

Is this the norm?

Thx

Sharon

Id say no... Id find it odd and Id also wonder if they are a registred breeder or not????

What really court my eye was the $60,000 they wanted for it. That's no land, just the dogs and the rest of their gear.

I was just googling dog washes, having a look see at what they have and it appeared in there somewhere.

Should have kept a link to it, sorry.

If I find it again shall put it up.

Puppy farmer is what I was thinking, as there was no mention of showing or anything really positive.

I really don't want this to turn into a hate, hate thread, was more interested in the chances of it being a true registered breeder and if this was a done thing.

Definitely puppy farmers from that description. No reputable registered breeder would talk about their dogs or breeding like that. Their own stud dogs, no mention of health testing, no mention of breed standard, breeders prefix, shows, performance, only mentioning profit and there are no dogs over 5 so obviously put them down when they can no longer produce. All hallmarks of a puppy farm business.

I have never heard of any registered breeder selling the whole kennel like that. Normally they would be sold and placed individually with other breeders and in pet homes if the owner has to let them go.

Edited by dancinbcs

In the case of a medical problem or death . . . or other mishap . . . sale of the business as a unit may be the kindest thing for the dogs. I've never come close to 25 dogs, but my dogs get pretty attached to one another. If their stimulation and exercise has come largely through interaction with other dogs, they may not immediately take to a home situation with one or no other dogs.

I couldn't find any mention on the website of any health testing of parents (happy to be corrected if someone else has found it) or whether they are registered breeders.

$950 for a byb puppy is a lot of money :)

I couldn't find any mention on the website of any health testing of parents (happy to be corrected if someone else has found it) or whether they are registered breeders.

$950 for a byb puppy is a lot of money :)

I got the strongest impression it was a business and not an interest/hobby/passion. And they appear to have lost interest in the business and are looking for a lifestyle change. Let's face it, that many dogs take a big chunck out of your life. I don't think I could do it if I didn't have it counter balanced with showing and getting together with like minded people who share their interest. And BYB abd puppy farms don't have that.