Aussie People

Clyde

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had an aussie in a townhouse. With the right dog it can be achieved if you're willing to put in the work (2 x 1 hour walks per day and a dog walker to take the dog out in the middle of the day).

Before that we had a poodle cross and our aussie was MUCH easier in terms of training, exercise and general behaviour than the poodle x.

Our aussie sounded a lot like Gayle's Dusty though (and was also black tri)- very laid back, gentle and calm.

Clover RIP

post-31284-0-48353800-1321160838_thumb.jpg

You mean this one?

amanda7web.jpg

That's Tahlia aka Ellagant Paris All Stars. She's 18mths (about 15mths) in the photos so legs arms and everything are all over the place, but her ears are characters all in themselves. They are quite high set and I find that the older the are then the more they begin to settle.... but as Gayle says - you can do a whole photoshoot just on Tahli's ears!! They certainly are expressive and I have to say - they match her character - full of beans with just a little bit of nuttiness :p

Hey Minimiss - I can vouch for the fact that pom's and Aussies get along! I have a 3kg Pom x and she gets along like a house on fire with my 4 Aussies! I have a video of them playing but it's on my iphone and I have no idea how to post that on here :p

Guest donatella

Hey Minimiss - I can vouch for the fact that pom's and Aussies get along! I have a 3kg Pom x and she gets along like a house on fire with my 4 Aussies! I have a video of them playing but it's on my iphone and I have no idea how to post that on here :p

I really feel I need to see this video now :)

Oh wow! That video would be something! :D You could just sync to itunes and you could probably upload to tinypic or photobucket. I suppose the Pom imagines they're the same size as the Aussies :p

I always estimated a next pup in a couple of years, maybe time will tell if it'd be an Aussie! Excersize wouldn't be too much of an issue, We run every morning and walk every evening. Weekends are usually considerably longer (When it's not raining anyway - Thanks for the consistant weather Melbourne haha) They just seem so well mannered and full of personality :) I cannot believe I've only just been introduced to this breed.. (Better late than never I say!)

Guest donatella

Oh wow! That video would be something! :D You could just sync to itunes and you could probably upload to tinypic or photobucket. I suppose the Pom imagines they're the same size as the Aussies :p

I always estimated a next pup in a couple of years, maybe time will tell if it'd be an Aussie! Excersize wouldn't be too much of an issue, We run every morning and walk every evening. Weekends are usually considerably longer (When it's not raining anyway - Thanks for the consistant weather Melbourne haha) They just seem so well mannered and full of personality :) I cannot believe I've only just been introduced to this breed.. (Better late than never I say!)

Can I just say once you have your little Pom you will be a complete convert, addictive little buggers they are!

I will try and see what I can do - otherwise, PM me your email and I can email it to you :p

Can I just say once you have your little Pom you will be a complete convert, addictive little buggers they are!

I can only imagine! He's 4 weeks on Tuesday so it's just waiting at the moment until he's old enough, Time seems to be going so slow and is making me crazy, any tips to defeat the impossible and speed up time? :laugh:

Guest donatella

I can only imagine! He's 4 weeks on Tuesday so it's just waiting at the moment until he's old enough, Time seems to be going so slow and is making me crazy, any tips to defeat the impossible and speed up time? :laugh:

I NEED pics!!!

They're all so so so beautiful. I'm definitely in love!

One powerball and I'd buy some property and have a small pack of my own hehe, don't think I could have enough room for my impending Pomeranian and a few Aussies in my little townhouse. :rofl:

Are Ripley's eyes different colours or is that the camera playing tricks? His fur is to die for, looks so soft and perfect :D

He has one brown eye and one blue eye, which is quite common in Aussies, and he has a starburst colomboma in the blue eye, which means his iris (the black part) is star shaped, instead of round. Aussies have some strange eyes....usually the merles.

Can I just say that the blue merle Aussies are the only dog that I think could sway me from a Lappie as my next dog - so as a compromise i think I will just have to get one of each :thumbsup:

My heart lies with the black tri's, I just adore them but the blues are the ones that seem to attract the most attention in public. Although Isaak gets LOADS of attention and comments about his stunning head (he's getting a bloody big one with all the nice things that were said about him at this weekends shows).

So, just because I think you should see his beautiful head up close, here's my lovely boy.

dogin10.jpg

Can I just say that the blue merle Aussies are the only dog that I think could sway me from a Lappie as my next dog - so as a compromise i think I will just have to get one of each :thumbsup:

My heart lies with the black tri's, I just adore them but the blues are the ones that seem to attract the most attention in public. Although Isaak gets LOADS of attention and comments about his stunning head (he's getting a bloody big one with all the nice things that were said about him at this weekends shows).

So, just because I think you should see his beautiful head up close, here's my lovely boy.

dogin10.jpg

:laugh: He is a beautiful boy - and your signature of your gorgeous dogs catches my eye every time - the more I hear about Aussies the more I lean towards them as a breed - but temperament would be the major factor - and I like goofballs - having a Bloodhound currently ;)

Both my boys are big goofballs. Not too many braincells in those heads though......I think the girls got the dibs on the brains. Isaak is a mummy's boy.......if he can squeeze onto my lap he does. If we're out somewhere and I go out of his sight, he frets til I get back. He's the biggest smooch ever and I don't have to worry about losing him if he slips his lead, he never leaves my side. When we're out walking the local rail trail, I will take his leash off to give him some free time and he walks beside me and sooks til I put it back on. He likes being tied to me.

Both my boys are big goofballs. Not too many braincells in those heads though......I think the girls got the dibs on the brains. Isaak is a mummy's boy.......if he can squeeze onto my lap he does. If we're out somewhere and I go out of his sight, he frets til I get back. He's the biggest smooch ever and I don't have to worry about losing him if he slips his lead, he never leaves my side. When we're out walking the local rail trail, I will take his leash off to give him some free time and he walks beside me and sooks til I put it back on. He likes being tied to me.

Sounds like my type of dog :)