Creative Dol Ers Needed

mumsy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon you could change his name to whatever you want :D Our dogs get to know & respond to several names as well as their "proper" names. Zola also responds to Goose, Gog & Herbert ( :rofl: dont ask!) Wandy is also called Beanie Kid, Kidney Bean, Chicken and Pip.....They dont seem to have any trouble recognising more than one name - and they only respond to their own nicknames to, not each others!!

Boy names that I have used in the past: Aaron, Connor and now Riley.

Some other suggestions: Woodrow, Hunter, Morgan, Watson, Bradley. (To tie in with Wilson)

It really doesn't matter to the 'pup' what they are called, as it is just a sound to them. So as long as it is the 'sweetest' sound that they hear and that the name is never used with an angry tone of voice - then it will be all good!

Cheese :)

If anyone asks tell them it's because he's cheese coloured :laugh:

:laugh:

According to my kids, our goldie is the colour of Honey (not cheese!! :eek: ). And thus she was renamed. :D

She also is an absolute Honey in temperament.

We adopted her aged 3 and changed her name from Morgan. Never had a problem. :)

I sometimes think I should have called her Doris or Marilyn though, cause she can be a bit of a dumb blonde. :laugh:

I like funny old fashioned names for Goldies, like Roger, George, Eddie etc

OMG, I just came across this funny men's names website- might help, or at the very least it's funny. :rofl: (Though a bit un-PC and rude. :o )

Edited by dee lee

Just choose a name and go with it, He will learn a new name very quickly.

My mum had a black cat called Sebastian. When he got castrated my brother picked him up and said aww poor cat is now dooverless. Well Sebastian got lost somewhere along the line and much to my mothers disgust Dooverless stuck until the day he died :)

Edited by OSoSwift

Cheese :)

If anyone asks tell them it's because he's cheese coloured :laugh:

:laugh:

According to my kids, our goldie is the colour of Honey (not cheese!! :eek: ). And thus she was renamed. :D

She also is an absolute Honey in temperament.

We adopted her aged 3 and changed her name from Morgan. Never had a problem. :)

I sometimes think I should have called her Doris or Marilyn though, cause she can be a bit of a dumb blonde. :laugh:

I like funny old fashioned names for Goldies, like Roger, George, Eddie etc

OMG, I just came across this funny men's names website- might help, or at the very least it's funny. :rofl:

I met a Golden Retriever called Eddie on Monday! He was so adorable and probably the most laid back 7 month old dog i have ever met! I wanted to steal him! :laugh: :D

It only takes a couple of days for a dog to learn a new name. Don't feel bad about it - I rescue dogs from the pound and you don't normally know their name so have to give them a name and then sometimes new owners don't like it so they get another name. It's not great but it is unavoidable and dogs are amazingly adaptable!

Okay guys, we have adopted a new Golden Retriever who is 1 year old. His current name is Rhys. None of us like the name and we are thinking of changing it. Probably to something that sounds reasonably close!! We aren't getting anywhere so I'm asking for some creative thinking. Come on and give us your best!!!

Dobby.