Lost Beagle Bitch Buderim

hilaryo

Lost beagle 3 year old girl in the Buderim bush area.

post-1582-0-81972000-1321655282_thumb.jpg

Cindy escaped yesterday into dense bush behind the house with her brother Riley. Riley returned hours later muddy and exhaused but Cindy never made it home.

Riley had some ticks on his so time is of the essence. She could be have been injured or even bitten by a snake. She is very friendly and will approach people if sighted and called.

This is the area she was lost from:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Le+Claire+Pl,+Buderim+QLD&hl=en&ll=-26.695884,153.041514&spn=0.007774,0.016512&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=61.878284,135.263672&vpsrc=6&hnear=Le+Claire+Pl,+Buderim+Queensland+4556&t=h&z=17

I returned to Brisbane last night with Riley. I was supposed to bring Cindy home with me also :cry: But will be returning to Buderim today with posters, etc. Sara's fiance has doned his army gear to go into this bushland but it unfortunately is a huge area and she could have chased a wallaby or kangaroo quite a distance.

My mobile is 0401 725 191 if anyone has an hour to spare doing a street or putting up of posters. I won't be up in Buderim til around 12pm I would guess.

Sorry not thinking straight right now.

Edited by hilaryo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh no :( I have an open home to get my house ready for but if you need help after 1.30 today I can come and help search?

Thanks so much Bianca :thumbsup:

I'm in such a dither - I can't think straight - I can hardly breath with worry.

I'm not sure what time I will be up there with the posters but putting up of these would be a great help if you are able.

My mobile is 0401 725 191 if you are still able to help after 1.30pm - even if just for an hour!

I have to get off here to get organised now.

Thanks again.

Not sure if this is already being done but when searching for her in the bush try taking along 1 or 2 dogs (Riley perhaps?) and get them barking and stuff. Recently a dog was missing and the owners were calling and calling but he wasn't coming. It wasn't until they brought out a dog he lived with and she barked that he came running back to them so it's worth a try.

I hope she is found soon :)

There was a sighting of her yesterday about lunch time, by a mother and daughter on Taylors Road (which is actually a dirt track). They said she looked exhausted and frantic. They tried to offer her water, but she wouldn't come to them and ran off. They thought they saw her later in the night and turned around, but there was nothing.

Andrew and I went up there tonight around dusk to call out to her all the way along this dirt track, on roads around there. But unfortunately nothing.

We really feel time is running out as Riley had a big tick of him that was taken off yesterday afternoon. We are all concerned that she might also have ticks and time is running out to find her alive if this is the case.

If it wasn't summer in the peak of a HUGE tick season up here, there would be a lot more hope.

Everyone is going out again tomorrow to look. Bianca, if you can help, that would be fantastic. Call Hilary on the number she posted before.

Riley is on watch for any affects from the tick, so unfortunately he won't be going back into the bush. We had our girls with us this afternoon, but it was too dark to even bother trying to go into the bush. We had them bark a few times, around the area she was seen. But nothing :(

I advised Sara and Hilary to take a crate down to where she was seen, put some of her bedding into it, cover it with a blanket, put some food and water in there and hope she curls up asleep in there to recover.