How Have Your Dogs Embarrassed You

DobieMum

when Penny was quite young she found an enormous, ahem, I'll call it sex toy at the park, very realistic it was too, apart from the size, surely no one is really that big.

She grabbed it and ran around and around doing that gleeful buckjumping you see some dogs do and shaking it vigorously from side to side. It was going thwack thwack thwack on her ribs as she shook it.

Then she lay down, placed her paws on it to hold it still and started pulling at the "skin". Just then a man walked past and saw what she was doing. I was horrified and very quickly claimed innocence. 'It's not mine!' I say. All he said was "that looks painful" and kept walking.

Oh my god! This kind of stuff actually happens? :laugh: It sounds like the stuff of movies!

What sort of movies do you watch? :provoke::rofl:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, funny stories :)

I remember when I was a teenager, my friend had Samoyed, who was reknowned for being a bit of a himbo, and we used to walk him in the afternoons after school.

One afternoon, we were waiting to cross a busy road at the zebra crossing. Eventually the cars stopped to let us cross, but Jed decided just as we stepped onto the crossing that it would be a good time to poo. My mate, Karen, was trying to get Jed to keep walking, but he was on his tippy toes in classic poo pose, more interested in doing his business than getting out of the way of the traffic. It seemed like forever for them to get across the road, he kept pooing as she pulled him along.

I made it to the other side of the road much quicker than them, and had tears running down my face I was laughing so much. I laughed even harder when I saw all the people in the cars pointing and laughing their heads off. She was lucky that it wasn't happening in this day, as it would be a youtube sensation.

To add insult to injury, a few days earlier, one of Karen's brothers had thought it would be funny to draw "magoo" style glasses on Jed with a permanent marker, I reckon the audience in the cars would have been talking about it for ages.

cheers

Angela :)

lol, funny stories :)

I remember when I was a teenager, my friend had Samoyed, who was reknowned for being a bit of a himbo, and we used to walk him in the afternoons after school.

One afternoon, we were waiting to cross a busy road at the zebra crossing. Eventually the cars stopped to let us cross, but Jed decided just as we stepped onto the crossing that it would be a good time to poo. My mate, Karen, was trying to get Jed to keep walking, but he was on his tippy toes in classic poo pose, more interested in doing his business than getting out of the way of the traffic. It seemed like forever for them to get across the road, he kept pooing as she pulled him along.

I made it to the other side of the road much quicker than them, and had tears running down my face I was laughing so much. I laughed even harder when I saw all the people in the cars pointing and laughing their heads off. She was lucky that it wasn't happening in this day, as it would be a youtube sensation.

To add insult to injury, a few days earlier, one of Karen's brothers had thought it would be funny to draw "magoo" style glasses on Jed with a permanent marker, I reckon the audience in the cars would have been talking about it for ages.

cheers

Angela :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought this stuff only happened in movies!!!

I've got two to own up to. Years ago we had our dog of that time with us down the beach near a place called Fisherman's Wharf. We called in there after the beach for a drink, with the dog and no leash. A wedding party turned up and the wet dog went over for a look and gave the lovely bride a few nudges for a pat. She screamed. We pretended we had no idea whose dog it was.

A couple of years back I had a very good looking male friend staying with me for a couple of weeks. I'd mown the lawn wearing matching but old underwear. My lovely heart girl decided to drag my sweaty, old undies out of my dirty clothes basket and leave them crotch up in the hallway outside his room so he had to step over them. We both just pretended it never happened....

Well my young girl loves men and when I took her for a run at the oval she took of and ran to the otherside of the oval with me screaming for her to come back. There was a guy sitting in the car reading his paper. She jumped into the car tore his paper squirmed gave him lots of kisses and than jumped out and continued on her running around the oval :o She has also disturbed a couple that was having a lovely smooched on the oval and yep she jumped in the middle of them giving them lots of kisses :o

My GSD let loose a SBD in the elevator between floors. When the door opened, it wafted past the people waiting to get on and I could see them trying not to react. I was so embarrased that I took the blame, apologising and citing food poisoning. Thankfully they sympathised and offered some home remedies for sore stomachs! Meanwhile Mr It-Wasn't-Me sat looking all sweet and innocent and I silently prayed that he wasn't working on an encore.

Edited by Dxenion

when Penny was quite young she found an enormous, ahem, I'll call it sex toy at the park, very realistic it was too, apart from the size, surely no one is really that big.

She grabbed it and ran around and around doing that gleeful buckjumping you see some dogs do and shaking it vigorously from side to side. It was going thwack thwack thwack on her ribs as she shook it.

Then she lay down, placed her paws on it to hold it still and started pulling at the "skin". Just then a man walked past and saw what she was doing. I was horrified and very quickly claimed innocence. 'It's not mine!' I say. All he said was "that looks painful" and kept walking.

Oh my god! This kind of stuff actually happens? :laugh: It sounds like the stuff of movies!

What sort of movies do you watch? :provoke::rofl:

:laugh::rofl:

Two stories. I was doing an obedience trial with one of my dogs a few years ago when he decided on the 'return to heel' that he would stop behind me, cock his leg, pee on me and assume position on my left as if nothing had happened. The judge sniggered 'praise your dog'. :laugh:

The other was worse. I met my future brother in law for the first time, years ago, and I was showing him around the house when I started to notice curious items scattered about the place. Mortified, I came to the realisation that the dogs had gotten in to the 'period bin' and not only strewn the contents everywhere, but had a good 'tear apart' and 'chew' session in the process. There was nothing said, but my introduction became quite hurried and flustered - he pretended not to notice. :o :o :o

Oh wait, one more. I took my sister's old fluffy for a walk one day when she was still around (RIP you gross creature) and she found this very long, half dried strand of dog shit and decided to have a chew. It was all sort of bound together with hair and other unidentifiable matter so when half of it went down her throat and the other half dragged along behind her in a long line it was impossible to remove. She was not bothered and continued to chew and run about passing many horrified strangers alond the way. I had a much more sensitive disposition at this time and kept dry retching audibly, which did even more to turn heads. As if this wasn't enough, she then ran under an electric fence to nip at the heels of some horses in an adjacent paddock. The horse owners were there for feeding time and less than amused. I attempted an awkward apology between retching. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice one Penny!!!

Only time I've been embarrassed was by my Afghan Hound. He knows beeping the car horn draws attention.

Everytime I'd pop into a shop for a minute, he'd jump over into the front seat, and start beeping. First with beep, beep. Then a beep beep beeeeep. Then eventually he'd graduate to just "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" :o

People in the shops all got to know him. It's not everday one sees an Afghan Hound in the drivers seat with both front feet on the steering wheel.

My dog has learned to use the horn too, I hope he doesn't 'graduate' to doing it like that though! At this point he'll do it once or twice until he sees me coming, then races back to the back of the car where he's supposed to be.

Edited by jacqui835

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice one Penny!!!

Only time I've been embarrassed was by my Afghan Hound. He knows beeping the car horn draws attention.

Everytime I'd pop into a shop for a minute, he'd jump over into the front seat, and start beeping. First with beep, beep. Then a beep beep beeeeep. Then eventually he'd graduate to just "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" :o

People in the shops all got to know him. It's not everday one sees an Afghan Hound in the drivers seat with both front feet on the steering wheel.

My dog has learned to use the horn too, I hope he doesn't 'graduate' to doing it like that though! At this point he'll do it once or twice until he sees me coming, then races back to the back of the car where he's supposed to be.

So cheeky!

When I lived with my sister a while back, her little JRT used to sleep on my bed.. She observed me hitting the snooze button and learnt how to bump it with her nose.. I had to explain to my boss why I was late once and I don't think she bought the excuse! :laugh: dogs are too smart for their own good!

I was sitting on our deck having a coffee with my friend when hubby brought Heidi home from a big walk. She was panting and a bit slobbery after having a nice big drink. My friend and me were sharing some funny stories at the time and she was laughing with her mouth wide open about something,,, and Heidi shook her head and a big slobber flung straight into my friends wide open mouth.!!!! She was so mortified, and got up and gagged and spat into my pot plant. :rofl: I was just laughing so hard, trying to apologise.

Very funny incidents in a lot of cases, but I think some of these would also be classified as rude. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, how many of these owners of the rude dogs would laugh then.

I think I would! :)

We can't always control our pets and they really do have a mind of their own sometimes.

Why get angry when you can laugh because it actually is funny?

:rofl:

Can't breathe...... :rofl:

Very funny incidents in a lot of cases, but I think some of these would also be classified as rude. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, how many of these owners of the rude dogs would laugh then.

If I was moronic enough to have a picnic in one of the few off lead areas in the entire shire and at a very large park with heaps of alternative picnic areas then no I wouldn't be annoyed if I got jumped on.

I was sitting on our deck having a coffee with my friend when hubby brought Heidi home from a big walk. She was panting and a bit slobbery after having a nice big drink. My friend and me were sharing some funny stories at the time and she was laughing with her mouth wide open about something,,, and Heidi shook her head and a big slobber flung straight into my friends wide open mouth.!!!! She was so mortified, and got up and gagged and spat into my pot plant. :rofl: I was just laughing so hard, trying to apologise.

OMG !!! I think I just wet myself laughing so hard. Thats gold!!

If I was moronic enough to have a picnic in one of the few off lead areas in the entire shire and at a very large park with heaps of alternative picnic areas then no I wouldn't be annoyed if I got jumped on.

How did I know that an answer like that would be imminent?

I don't know whether my dog has really ever embarrassed me, usually its me that embarrasses the dog - like doing a sqaure instead of a triangle, not doing the trolley gate up properly and the dogs running off, etc etc. but my mum has a cavie that trys to grab the lead and walk itself, and if she tries to get the lead he puts on one hell of a fight. So usually the scene is my mum walking, frustrated as all hell, and the cavie marching proudly alongside her, lead in mouth.