Amusing Mistaken Breed Names

pie

My boss was telling me about a dog he saw at the dog park this morning, he very proudly told me it was an "Austrian Shiffler"

I had never heard of this strange breed, and I asked him if he meant Australian Shepherd. No he said, so I got him to describe it, AHA I thought and brought up a picture to show him - yep he said, that was the breed!

It was a Hungarian Vizsla :rofl:

Close :rofl:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People I work with (yes, vets and vet nurses) continually call Bernese Mountain Dogs, Burmese Mountain Dogs.

I've tried to exlain that the cat is a Burmese, the dog is a BERNESE Mountain Dog. :banghead:

Is very embarrassing when they say it in front of clients.

:rofl: thats a mighty big cat.....oops i mean dog *picturing a Bernese using a little catlitter box* :D :rofl:

There's always the classic rockwheeler :laugh:

My guys aren't really called anything weird (but people rarely call Sid a Frenchie).

I have a problem with 'Staffordshire', at work I type 'Staffordshite' at least a couple of times a day :o

People I work with (yes, vets and vet nurses) continually call Bernese Mountain Dogs, Burmese Mountain Dogs.

I've tried to exlain that the cat is a Burmese, the dog is a BERNESE Mountain Dog. :banghead:

Is very embarrassing when they say it in front of clients.

:rofl: thats a mighty big cat.....oops i mean dog *picturing a Bernese using a little catlitter box* :D :rofl:

Might have solved the "big cat" mystery in Australia :noidea: Maybe they're all just Burmese Mountain Dog sightings. :D

My boss was telling me about a dog he saw at the dog park this morning, he very proudly told me it was an "Austrian Shiffler"

I had never heard of this strange breed, and I asked him if he meant Australian Shepherd. No he said, so I got him to describe it, AHA I thought and brought up a picture to show him - yep he said, that was the breed!

It was a Hungarian Vizsla :rofl:

Close :rofl:

"oohh what a lovely Hungarian Vizsla you have " MMmmmm I own/show/breed Japanese Spitz...