Washing Big Dog Beds?

Cougar

So, we've got the dreaded flea thing happening here - we haven't had problems before, but now we do. So any tips on how to wash/treat dog beds that are too big for a washing machine? They're the squishy filling type if that helps. All removable covers have been hot washed but I'm just not sure what to do with the inners, please help!

Drape them over a clothes horse/chair ,and put them in your laundry or other small room (spare room?) and set off a decent brand flea bomb as per instructions.)

leave for a couple of hours in the well shut/sealed room ..then air out in the sun for a few hours.

Air the room well before spending time in there .

I mix some Fidos Flea rinse into a spray bottle and spray anything I can't wash, anything that is washable gets put through a extra rinse cycle with flea rinse added. Probably doesn't kill flea eggs, but I haven't had a problem with fleas for a few years now and don't use anything else on the dogs either.

thanks, some great ideas. would never have thought of the flea bomb!

Have bought some Fido's rinse for spraying with, will see how we go.

I did try the op shops today, used to be able to get great blankets etc for the dogs but no luck. It was all sheets and towels!

Drape them over a clothes horse/chair ,and put them in your laundry or other small room (spare room?) and set off a decent brand flea bomb as per instructions.)

leave for a couple of hours in the well shut/sealed room ..then air out in the sun for a few hours.

Air the room well before spending time in there .

What a great idea :-)

If they can be washed in the bath, fill bath with really hot water and add a very liberal amount (heaps) of eucalyptus disinfectant so the water is green and goes cloudy, then put the bedding in and make sure it is really soaked..fleas can't survive hot water and eucalyptus disinfectant.