2012 Pointscore - New Rules

SwaY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Group points are now counted in the Breed competition? Seems a step backwards to me but I couldn't be bothered entering all results last year as I don't show that often (only did a couple of results on the request of my breeder) and I doubt with the change of rules I will bother this year even though we will probably show more LOL.

not sure I agree with the point allocation for some of the other titles in the breeder of the year section...

100 points for a tracking champion but only 50 points for a field trial champion and a retrieving trial champion is a bit off... it is incredibly difficult to obtain a champion title for retrieving or field trials.

But if you get BOB that is worth 6 points then BIG worth 25 points you get an extra 19 CC points which aren't at breed level...

You have a point, I assumed just breed points as it's called Breed Challenge Competition.

ETA I agree if the group points are added it has taken a step backwards.

Edited by SwaY

But if you get BOB that is worth 6 points then BIG worth 25 points you get an extra 19 CC points which aren't at breed level...

You have a point, I assumed just breed points as it's called Breed Challenge Competition.

agree, if it's breed challenge competiion it should be challenge points at breed level only. The BIG/BIS points should be reserved for the showdog of the year only.

not sure I agree with the point allocation for some of the other titles in the breeder of the year section...

100 points for a tracking champion but only 50 points for a field trial champion and a retrieving trial champion is a bit off... it is incredibly difficult to obtain a champion title for retrieving or field trials.

I don't participate in DOL pointscore but absolutely agree with ST on the bolded point.

like RUBOB hopefully Group/In Show are only used in the case of a tie ... and the points are limited to the

BOB or Challenge Certificates.

Dellcara, the problem is there isn't another certificate for BIG it is a BOB certificate.

I would think a retrieving Ch title is much harder than a tracking Ch. A lot of people seem to be able to get a TCh title in one season...

Hmmm, I like most of the aspects of this.

I must admit though I'm a little hesitant about the challenge aspect and the ommission of RU/BOB - I mean if a bitch wins BOB and the reserve challenge is RU/BOB, the dog would appear on the pointscore to be better. I know that's purely putting up a hypothetical situation, but I think by taking the focus away from BOB, it can reward mediocrity - eg 8 dogs and 1 bitch - bitch is BOB and goes on to win show...in the challenge pointscore the dog challenge winner would appear to be better.

I don't see it as a massive issue given that most in the know don't use DOL pointscore to judge the quality of a dog - it's just a competition run within parameters that represents the result based on those parameters but I guess the thing for me is where there is a numerical deficiency in either the dogs or bitches, a points award advantage may exist where the specimen doesn't even rate when it comes to all of the breed being judged. So I'd have to say I favour the best of breed competition - it rewards the winner and second-place getter.

I do agree with the aspect of taking the absentees, babies out of the picture.

Hmmm, I like most of the aspects of this.

I must admit though I'm a little hesitant about the challenge aspect and the ommission of RU/BOB - I mean if a bitch wins BOB and the reserve challenge is RU/BOB, the dog would appear on the pointscore to be better. I know that's purely putting up a hypothetical situation, but I think by taking the focus away from BOB, it can reward mediocrity - eg 8 dogs and 1 bitch - bitch is BOB and goes on to win show...in the challenge pointscore the dog challenge winner would appear to be better.

Then you get a bitch who always gets Bitch CC over 5+ bitches at a time but can't get RUBOB - this type has been missing out in the point score for years.

I don't think there will ever be a true or fair point score that we will all agree on.

I do agree with the aspect of taking the absentees, babies out of the picture.

I think all would agree with you on this.

We need those results for tie-breaking if there is more than one dog on the same number of points.

Troy is is possible to add The Rally-O titles as well which will start up in 2012 ?

Flyball isn't in their either

Is Flyball and ANKC sanctioned title?

Abby has her Flyball Master (FM) ANKC cert

Dellcara, the problem is there isn't another certificate for BIG it is a BOB certificate.

there is in Victoria ... I have always got a BOB Certificate (with the Breed points) & a BIG Certificate (with 25pts on it)

when I've been fortunate to win the Group

Edited by Dellcara