Where Is The Best Dog Friendly Place To Live With A Beach

seeana

Hi I need your help ....we hope to sell up retire and buy a home near a beach somewhere in Aus.I have three dogs two Goldens and a Clumber which we adore.

I was wondering if any members could give me some advice on where there are Dog friendly Beaches prefer regional NSW or VIC.

I am hoping it will be our last move,and it is our dream just to go walking on a beach with our boys off lead as they do love the sea.

Thankyou for your time.

Tomakin on nsw south coast. tomakin has a 24hr leash free beach. the people are friendly there and most are responsible dog owners cleaning up dogs messes which is why it has stayed a doggie beach. Dogs love to go up and meet new dogs on the beach and have a swim and you can walk right around the beach to the river part. its close to mogo if you know where that is. Ive just come back. from my 4th visit there. ive now found a great pet friendly house to rent and wont go to any other place. barlings beach is next door and is beautiful to. it is time share except on a certain part of the year when its 24hr too. gorguz place. i dont know if location wise if its what your looking for but its definately a pl to look into you wont regret it. i feel in love earlier this year and have been back 4 times this year lol

Lennox Head, north new south wales is not only beautiful with great weather all year round...but there are HEAPS of dog beaches. Ballina/byron airport only ten mins away... Gold Coast an hour.

We moved close to Lenox Head at the beginning of the year, its my fav place in the world, lovely people and great markets. Can highly recommend!!!

Lennox Head, north new south wales is not only beautiful with great weather all year round...but there are HEAPS of dog beaches. Ballina/byron airport only ten mins away... Gold Coast an hour.

We moved close to Lenox Head at the beginning of the year, its my fav place in the world, lovely people and great markets. Can highly recommend!!!

I second Lennox :thumbsup: just beautiful.Cabarita/Pottsville northern NSW are nice.The beach goes for miles and you rarely see a soul.Close to Tweed Heads but still nice and quiet.

Lennox heads is great and has a pretty low crime rate. A lot fo those places down the south coast have a real transient nature. We used to live near Culburra dog beach and our car got an attempted break in (kids) a few times whilst we were on the beach.

Edited by redial

Something to think about with long haired dogs..... the East coast is tick heaven, including paralysis ticks. OH came back from camping at Potato Point a few weeks back & he had one embedded in his scalp behind his ear & one on his back :eek: So pleased the dogs are off limits there, adjacent to the National Park, they had to stay at home :D

Edited by trifecta

Thank you so much guys for your replies ......hoping to get a place within walking distance to the beach but don't care about views ,the main thing is that it has a good size block of land. up to an acre maybe.

I have got to get used to having next door neighbors as used to be into breeding and Training T.Bred horses and so always had own space on our small farm.

Last April rented a dog friendly house for a week at Callala Beach NSW in the Jervis Bay area it was great but all of the beaches were only leash free before 9am and after 7pm.

You know we are one of the biggest owners of dogs in the world yet there is hardly any designated areas per ca pita that our beloved pets can run free.....

I believe if enough of us dog lovers got together to put pressure on the councils that could change....... its just a matter of doing it. Yup easy :confused:

I ' for one get so much pleasure from my dogs and I do realise that some idiots can ruin it for others but there are ways round that surely its just a matter of proving we are responsible for our dogs and maybe have a way to prove that and be issued with a licence......just a thought.:)

Something to think about with long haired dogs..... the East coast is tick heaven, including paralysis ticks. OH came back from camping at Potato Point a few weeks back & he had one embedded in his scalp behind his ear & one on his back :eek: So pleased the dogs are off limits there, adjacent to the National Park, they had to stay at home :D

Yuk .......there's a thought ..... thanks...here in Benalla we are tick free and no probs with heart worm either.

When we went to Callala Beach did all the dogs with Frontline but boy it worked out expensive

when you have three big dogs.:(

Broulee is further south than Tomakin but has a great beach that runs to the south. That's where we take the dogs. A few minutes from Moruya and a quick drive back up to Batemans Bay

This area of south coast nsw extremely dog friendly. My brother lives on just a street up from Broulee Beach.

See here for more details on dog friendly beaches in the area - http://www.offleash.com.au/browse/nsw/eurobodalla-shire

Cheers

Greg

Hi Annes,

if you don't mind me asking, where abouts is this dog park exactly as we holiday at the local caravan park at least twice a year there with my 2 BC's

& didn't know this place existed. Look's great & a lease-free opposite, sounds like the place to go. My 2 would love to run around there. Does it get very busy in the park?

Are most of the other dogs O.K. there as my 2 are softies & freak out when there is trouble, & so do I LOL. Feel free to pm if you wish & thanks in advance for the info. :)

Not trying to hijack your thread Seanna, just interested.

Edited by BC Crazy

Hi Annes,

if you don't mind me asking, where abouts is this dog park exactly as we holiday at the local caravan park at least twice a year there with my 2 BC's

& didn't know this place existed. Look's great & a lease-free opposite, sounds like the place to go. My 2 would love to run around there. Does it get very busy in the park?

Are most of the other dogs O.K. there as my 2 are softies & freak out when there is trouble, & so do I LOL. Feel free to pm if you wish & thanks in advance for the info. :)

Is this it? http://www.offleash.com.au/content/beach-street-reserve?backurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.offleash.com.au%2Fsearch%2Fresults%3Faddress%3DTuncurry%26radius%3D5

Cheers

Greg

Hi Annes,

Is this it? http://www.offleash.com.au/content/beach-street-reserve?backurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.offleash.com.au%2Fsearch%2Fresults%3Faddress%3DTuncurry%26radius%3D5

Cheers

Greg

Oh yes Greg, thanks for that :)

Yorke Peninsula, SA... I know it's not where you specified, but it IS beautiful, friendly, has land available near or on the beach and has GREAT beaches.

post-9713-0-99427200-1323686597_thumb.jpg post-9713-0-72121300-1323686245_thumb.jpg

South Beach, Port Hughes

post-9713-0-72325500-1323686315_thumb.jpg post-9713-0-97801300-1323686341_thumb.jpg

Chinamen Wells

edit to add:

tick free, low rate of heartworm

no times for free running on our beaches (Copper Coast Council)

do have a 2 dog limit in town / 3 dogs out of town limits

land/house available near and on the beach

some transience in our community but not what I'd call a high crime rate

lower socio-economic, but many retirees and decent shopping facilities

Edited by Hafhafa Hounds

There are quite a few dog friendly beaches in the Shoalhaven area i second broulee and like shoalhaven heads too, but i prefer the north coast of NSW for the warmth.

oh i think the beaches down south are far superior lol

Shoalhaven council is all dog friendly

Callala Beach, huskisson, myola, culburra etc etc

so beautiful and clean and pretty quiet

That is where Im gonna retire with my dogs

If I could find a job in Nowra we would move tomorrow

attaching a pic of our recent visit just to entice you :)

post-3302-0-88588600-1323692292_thumb.jpg

Hi Annes,

Cheers

Greg

Oh yes Greg, thanks for that :)

Yes Greg thats the one northern end of Tuncurry Beach you go to the car park across the road and the leash free beach is there, I have never had a problem there with other dogs.

Edited by Annes