Updated! Perth Dolers Beach Meet!

SparkyTansy

14 members have voted

1. 1. What date in January works for you?

• Sunday 1st January
    • Saturday 7th January
    • Sunday 8th January
    • Saturday 14th January
    • Sunday 15th January
    • Saturday 21st January
    • Sunday 22nd January
    • Saturday 28th January
    • Sunday 29th January
    • None of the Above
    • I won't be attending regardless of date
    • All of the above suit me
  2. 2. Location - What is your beach preference?

• Hillary's
    • Leighton Beach
    • South Beach
    • Kwinana Beach
    • Other - Please detail
    • i won't be attending
  3. 3. Time of day

• Early morning - 9am at the latest
    • Mid Morning - 10.30am at the latest
    • Midday
    • Mid afternoon - 2pm start
    • Late afternoon - 4-5pm start
    • None of the above - expand
    • I won't be attending

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem MG - driving far is a pain! It's why I rarely venture north of the river. :laugh:

And I south, don't know why but I thought Rockingham was about 45 mins from here but actually it's over 80km and gps says an hour 20 mins to get there :( Probably going to Rockingham tues or we'd so nt keen to do the drive 2x so close.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, and so are the kids! Unless mum bails at the last minute, she is all set to join me with Pippa, so we'd still like to borrow the long line from Weasels or RV or whoever else said they have one we could borrow, please :thumbsup:

I want to bring the girls water wubbas as its one way to get Millie in the water swimming, but now I'm a bit scared of ruining any progress I've been making with their formal water retrieves :o I'm not sure how silly that is or not! Surely by keeping it all informal we should be right, but I'm a worry wart ;)

Anyhoo, we'll see everyone anywhere between 8.30 and 9am if all goes to plan! See ya's tomorrow :wave:

P.S. RV/ST, are either of you going to have your phones on you in case I end up at the wrong carpark? I'm fairly certain the one you are talking about is the one I've been to, but what makes me think twice is the one time I made plans to meet another person there with the same directions, and they ended up at a part of the beach closer to where I was. All the while I thought she had bailed on me and I had bailed on her :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

Thank you to everyone this morning for their interactions with Rakim.

It was an interesting first response to so many different dogs. At first he was a little scared and then as his confidence grew he became a little too boisterous around all the excited play. At least we did manage a few short sit and down stays despite the distractions.

It was also interesting to discover he was unsure about a man in thongs wearing a baseball cap. Thank you to the person (I am so sorry I have forgotten your name) who took the time to interact with him enough that he could take one treat from you.

If he washes out as an assistance dog, at least now I have a backup plan to hire him out as a canine excavator!

Was great to meet you both Dxenion! (and everyone else!). I believe the 'scary' man was ncarter :)

I was a little disappointed that Weez didn't play, but it was still good for him to spend some time away from the Foxdog, and we got to do some training under high distraction at least :D

Hope everyone had a great time, all the doggies were just gorgeous - and so happy!! :)

Great to see you all again, and some new faces for me :D

I was soooo please with Louis and it has given me the confidence to go to the beach more often with him now, especially back to Kwinana as it was beautiful :thumbsup:

It was great to see all the happy dogs playing and having such a fun time :D Thanks again for organizing it ST :)