Help Needed

Double Lab Love

You guys are all just so awesome...

Fuzzycuddles and Sheliaheel02 - thank you so much - your generosity esp at this time of year is just amazing ...

This whole experience has made me quite sick and REALLY opened my eyes up but then you guys come along and offer so much support and hope it really reaffirms my faith in human nature :)

I have been speaking to Kim at AWDRI and she has been great but the lack of carers seems to be the issue at present..

I have been checking the rescue and pound website every few hours to see if there has been any updates on this poor dog and each time there are just more and more dogs listed :cry:

I have one slim hope that a relative of mine who owns a cattle dog and property in Bargo might be able to take him... I will find out this morning - OH and I will do everything we can to get him there this weekend if we can....

Thank you Sharon I will contact SLK Cattle Dog rescue this mroning and I emaailed Steve at K9pro and he sent me the link to the ACD society so will talk to them as well...

I am running out of time :cry:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Double Lab Love,

Are you talking about 07816 blue cattle that was on the kill list for this fri at blacktown pound?

if so i have good news for you :-)

He is at the vet getting desexed, vac and chipped right now. I'm picking him up at 4pm and tomorrow he will be travelling up near Tamworth. My father in law has been wanting another dog for a while now and has had mostly cattle dogs or kelpie's his whole life (used to work farms). So he knows exactly what the breed is like and how to train them.

So if it is 07816 then don't worry he will be with his new daddy for xmas :-)

Do you know what his name was?

:D UPDATE - GOOD NEWS HE HAS A FOREVER HOME !!!!!

:happydance:

:happydance2:

Guys just wanted to share the good news...

The wonderful people at Pound Rounds have found this gorgeous young man a forever home. He is flying to Tamworth to live with an elderly gentleman who has owned ACD's all his life and has been waiting patiently for a friend since his aged ACD passed away recently.

He will be walked three times a day and be spoilt rotten by this lovely man who lives alone - apparently he has already bought three collars, a new kennel and stocked his house with treats and food..

He is so excited to own this lovely boy and I am just over the moon that this has been the outcome in such an awful but all too familiar situation...

The lovely boy will now have a fabulous Christmas with someone who will understand him and give all the love and attention he deserves.

To all of you who followed this thread thank you so mcuh for all your support and good wishes....

I am very happy today :D

Hello Double Lab Love,

Are you talking about 07816 blue cattle that was on the kill list for this fri at blacktown pound?

if so i have good news for you :-)

He is at the vet getting desexed, vac and chipped right now. I'm picking him up at 4pm and tomorrow he will be travelling up near Tamworth. My father in law has been wanting another dog for a while now and has had mostly cattle dogs or kelpie's his whole life (used to work farms). So he knows exactly what the breed is like and how to train them.

So if it is 07816 then don't worry he will be with his new daddy for xmas :-)

Do you know what his name was?

So sorry - I just posted too !

I just spoke to Cheryl earlier and she filled me in !!

His name is Buster and i can't tell you how happy i am !!

Have more info for your father in law if u need ?

Buster Thank you :-)

Any extra info would be great, its nice to know he is 11mths old. We were thinking he must have been closer to 12mths than 6mth because he looks fairly close to full grown.

I will post some pics here tonight for you when we get him back to ours i you'd like :-)

What a lovely happy ending. My Christmas wishes are for far less rotten starts and far more happy endings such as this.

:thumbsup:

Caraboose - well done to your Dad/Father-in-Law for taking this boy in. By the sounds, the dog couldn't have had a better Christmas dream come true :D.

:xmasmerrychristmas:

Edited by Erny

Caraboose - your father in law is Buster's dream come true :D

He is such a lovely boy - he is nearly 12 months old and is a friendly and outgoing young man who unfortunately was owned by a family that just didn't bother... very friendly wih other dogs too as he was forever saying hello to my two through the fence.

The owners did have a problem with him on lead in the fact that he pulled a bit but they never bothered to try and train him out of it rather just didn't walk him at all :mad

He was also sent to a boarding kennel / training facility for three weeks a few months ago when they were OS so he has had formal training but it was never followed up and implemented by the owners :mad

He was just meant to come back magically fully trained :confused:

So the "acting up" was more from boredom and lack of interest / interaction - instead of working with him they just avoided him :(

As your father in law knows the breed then it won't take him too long to settle Buster down and turn him into the dog he always should have been...

This is SUCH a GREAT outcome - I think he is going to be sooo much happier with your father in law then he was with the neighbours..

In this case there definitly is a doggy God :laugh:

My OH and I would love to hear how he is settling in...

Hoping you and your family have a very special Christmas - I know Buster will now :D

Thanks for all the background, yep Alex will have him trained up in no time ;-)

He's retired now and lives in town but goes for a couple of walks throughout the day. He mentioned a couple of months ago he'd like another cattle dog to keep him company (he's the type of man that thinks animals are better company than humans at times). He wanted one around the 1-2yr mark so i've been keeping an eye out on the urgent rescue threads. There was another one that i showed him last week and he was very excited to be getting his new friend but we missed out as he had already found his forever home :-)

Alex was a bit upset though because he'd gotten exited about it iykwim. However the good news is i'd been in contact with pound rounds about him so when this guy (Buster) came in on monday only to be put on the pts list for fri they called me up and told me about him and well long story short he's found his new home :-)

Only an hour until i can leave to go pick him up :-) yay i'm very excited, so are my girls! they're very happy that we get to go get poppy's new dog for him

I came across the dolforums earlier this year and fell in love with a boy that was on a pts list he is gorgeous. He has found his forever home now to. The work all the people involved do is amazing and esp the foster carers to :-)

I can't wait until we can become foster carers. We have 2 dogs of our own and a cat and 2 kids. My DH wants to wait until the girls are a bit older so they understand the process a bit more iykwim. They would get attached to every dog. She still breaks down into tears and needs a good cuddle every now and then about our last dog (Jacko), he got pts 2 1/2 yrs ago now. She was only 3yrs old but still remembers and loves him.

Anyway enough rambling from me lol i'd better get something ready for our overnight visiter ;-)

Yaaaaaaa !! Oh this is such wonderful news. I'm so happy for Buster. He will finally have a loving home. Sounds like hes going to doggy paradise actually.

A huge thankyou to the lovely man from Tamworth & the family involved with adopting Buster.

You have made my Cristmas a very happy one, as I wipe away the happy tears from my face.

And I bet Buster feels like all his Cristmas's have come at once.

Please if you get a chance to keep us posted on his

progress, would love to hear how he settles in.

Merry Christmas Buster. Enjoy all your new life brings you boy. You can catch up on all the cuddles you have sadly missed out on up until now.

Edited by BC Crazy