Help Needed

Double Lab Love

He should have a "due date" on his listing, basically on that date he will be pts if he has no ones name on him.

They are not the easiest pound to get info from as they are so busy, so trying to find out if he has a name or rescue as backup won't be foolproof, he may slip through.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DL Love, it must have been an aweful situation for you to be living right next door to this tradgic puppy ,you & OH being such devoted dog lovers. Knowing the whole sickening story,patting the poor littley through the fence one minute.

Good on you for taking the time, not that you have very much of that, to track down this poor little fella. I am soo wishing only the very best for him.

Good luck DL Love

Edited by BC Crazy

So sad to hear about this story - I think this poor dog is on the PTS list for this Friday - Hopefully someone can foster until a forever home is found

Wish I was in NSW I would go and pick him up right now :hug: poor pup

Why on earth did they wait until Christmas to do this? The timing often makes it a death sentence as the pound is overwhelmed and strays need to be kept for a certain number of days in case owners claim them. Surrendered dogs don't have that "luxury". If thye had kept him just a bit longer his prospects would be much better.

I wouldn't be suprised if they were going away and didn't want to board a dog they didn't want anyway...

Why on earth did they wait until Christmas to do this? The timing often makes it a death sentence as the pound is overwhelmed and strays need to be kept for a certain number of days in case owners claim them. Surrendered dogs don't have that "luxury". If thye had kept him just a bit longer his prospects would be much better.

I wouldn't be suprised if they were going away and didn't want to board a dog they didn't want anyway...

Probably :mad

I know - it makes me so sick...

Beginning of school holdays I would suspect :mad

Some Christmas Day he will have :cry:

Double Lab Love - have you spoken to your neighbours? Do they know their dog will be killed on Friday ?

Edited to add : your neighbour may re-think putting their dog in the pound and take it home again to try to find it a new home.

They must have had a glimmer of guilt about getting rid of it - hence the lying about the RSPCA to your partner - seriously ... if they wanted it put down why didnt they take it straight to the vet instead of making the poor dog suffer in the pound !

Edited by sinta

Double Lab Love - have you spoken to your neighbours? Do they know their dog will be killed on Friday ?

Edited to add : your neighbour may re-think putting their dog in the pound and take it home again to try to find it a new home.

They must have had a glimmer of guilt about getting rid of it - hence the lying about the RSPCA to your partner - seriously ... if they wanted it put down why didnt they take it straight to the vet instead of making the poor dog suffer in the pound !

Sinta at the moment OH and i are so angry at them we don't even want to look at them :mad

I have told my other neighbour so the grapevine is buzzing no doubt - i might ask her to speak to them this aftetnoon..

OH and I are seriously considering fostering him until he finds a home... I don't know how we will manage it with our two but I feel like we have to do something... we have a couple of family members that are ringing around friend's / work colleagues but we have yet to hear back..

I just had an entertaining thought - just imagine the look on the neighbour's faces when they peer over the fence and see him in our yard :rofl:

Guest lavendergirl

Could you afford to give him a couple of days in a kennel until something comes up for him - a long shot at this time of year I know.

Most do board there dogs they just don't turn up to collect them ,pounds aren't the only dumping ground for dogs this time of year.

Kennels are getting an ever increasing number of no shows during holiday time & left with the dilemma of what to do

The kennels end up having to keep the dog for set period whilst you advertise & contact before being able to do something & then end up hundreds of dollars out of pocket because they haven't paid either

I've just been directed to this thread after offering $30 towards his rescue. This dog is due to be PTS on Friday.

I know AWDRI will do everything they can to try to get this guy out, but you might also want to try SLK Cattle Dog Rescue who are in Sydney. Who did you contact at ACDR? I don't know what or if we can do anything as we are overrun at this time of year like everyone else, but if there is some way I can support or assist, then let me know. I'd hate to see this guy go down if he is a nice dog too!

Sharon Bowditch

ACDR Inc

www.australiancattledogrescue.com

Edited by Sheilaheel02

Could you afford to give him a couple of days in a kennel until something comes up for him - a long shot at this time of year I know.

Don't know what its like in that area, but in Melbourne most boarding kennels are well and truly booked out and have been for weeks if not months, due to the holiday period :(. But maybe one has had a cancellation or something?