How Much Dog Gear Do You Have?

huski

I just did a big clean out of my 'dog stuff' cupboard and my old training bag (aka the good old Coles green bag :laugh:) as I'm getting a new training bag and wanted to do a big clean out and throw away of stuff that's just gathering dust.

I didn't think there was that much there but I found:

- 4 x brushes

- various nail clippers

- 1 travel water bowl

- 4 wooden dumbells

- UD scent articles

- A seekback article

- UD Gloves

- A Jafco muzzle (bought this to use instead of an Elizabethan collar when Daisy had surgery on her leg)

- Clicker and wristband (which is amazing as I always lose them)

- An e-collar and charger

- 5 treat bags

- 3 harnesses

- 12 dog coats

- 4 tugs (my dogs don't generally play tug)

- 17 (!!!) collars

- 2 long lines

- ...and just 12 leashes :laugh:

And that's just the stuff I found in the cupboard/ training bag!

How much dog stuff do you have? (this isn't including toys or the dog's food bowls LOL)

Edited by huski

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am too scared to look Huski , mostly collars and leads,toys,beds and grooming stuff. I spread it about so it looks like less. Oh and just saw life jackets,coats,harnesses,crate mats..... backing away from the cupboard now. :eek:

Most of it is from dog days out though and bought in support of rescue or from dogs online.

I have a shed for dog stuff, as well as a wall in the laundry for their collars and leads, of which there are dozens, then there's part of the linen cupboard and a space in the spare bedroom for their blankets, and a cupboard in the bathroom for their towels and a spot in the rumpus room for their indoor toys................I'm not game enough to start itemising, I'll be here for weeks!

I deliberately don't have a 'dog cupboard' so my dog stuff is in small bunches all over the house and car, that way OH won't realise the full extent of it either :laugh:

LMAO love it Amps!

still wondering how I ended up with 17 collars LOL

Too much, i tried selling some earlier in the year but had no takers. I ended up with 2 green bags to get rid of and they are still here, now with more crap to ad :(.

I don't look :laugh:

Just a suggestion, don't throw it out donate it to a rescue group or pound.

Oh good idea Sway! I will have a look through what is in the throw away pile to see what is worth saving.

Yea, I've been meaning to see if the local RSPCA shelter here will want all my old dog/cat stuff. I have tons of stuff to give away.

I think the thing I hoard the most (other than toys) would be brushes. I have about 10 dog brushes :o

Oh Aussie3 I found an elizabethan collar too! Not sure why I am hanging on to it when I have the muzzle :laugh:

Minxy I knew I had stacks of leashes, because I love them and every time we get new leashes in stock I end up getting a new one :laugh: I have a leather leash addiction! Half of my leashes were leather ones LOL

We have half the garage and a shed dedicated to dog gear, not to mention the dog stuff throughout the house. I just did a quick count of beds and kennels. We have 6 folding wire crates (selling two 42"s if anyone's interested), 4 vari kennels, 4 perla beds, a lofabed, 8 coolaroo bed frames and oddles of mats for them, 2 self inflating air mattresses for riding in the car plus more bedding - we only have four dogs!

Leads, collars, equipment, coats, training gear, packs and vests, enough towels to start a manchester store, booster bath and all the associated grooming products, K9 carriers to go behind the bikes...... the list goes on. Lets not even get started on the boxes of toys, spare bowls and a bookcase full of books and DVDs.

I am not brave enough to look. I have it spread between two houses- which both have two cupboards full of dog stuff.

I am too scared to even look at what I have sitting in the car, but off the top of my head I would have 8 leads alone in there, plus three collars, a 5L water container, two water bowls, 3 crates, crate covers, beds, treats, treat bags, long line, tennis balls, a tug or two, two spare harnesses, flyball harnesses......

Yeah waaaaay to scary to open the cupboard :o

None of my old equipment could even be donated to rescue- if I stop using it then its completely trashed and probably been recycled for a few different uses by then!

Edited by Jumabaar

I don't think there will be much I can send to rescue - a lot of the stuff is really old and crappy quality or falling apart. Will hopefully salvage some stuff though!

Anyone have any recommendations for rescues that like to have dog gear donated to them?

Edited by huski

I have so much dog stuff stashed in both my wardrobe and the downstairs linen closet that it's embarrassing. :o Dad and I are cleaning it all out this week. Dog agility equipment in the garage needs a new home. I have well over 15 collars and I don't even know how many leads floating around, not to mention harnesses, jackets, toys, tags...

I'm afraid to think about it really... off the top of my head I have the following but there is probably a whole arsenal stuffed away I have forgotten about...

2 x pocket clippers

1 x oster clippers

5 x blades

2 x pin brushes

1 x bristle brush

3 x combs

2 x slicker

various bands, hair ties and clips

6 x dog coats

15 x leads

6 x shampoos

3 x conditioners

2 x grooming powder

1 x shine spray

3 x leave in conditioner

1 x nail clippers

1 x band scissors

2 x grooming scissors

5 x dog bowls

2 x travel bowls

7 x arm bands

2 x grooming box

2647839723619 x toys

1 x trolley

2 x pet pack

1 x collapsible crate

For dog shows:

1 x gazebo

2 x floor mats

4 x camp chairs

2 x travel esky

1 x portable kettle

1 x portable cooktop

28971982748974 x show jackets

You know the sad part.... I show a single hairless chinese crested :rofl:

Guest donatella

I just did a big clean out of my 'dog stuff' cupboard and my old training bag (aka the good old Coles green bag :laugh:) as I'm getting a new training bag and wanted to do a big clean out and throw away of stuff that's just gathering dust.

I didn't think there was that much there but I found:

- 4 x brushes

- various nail clippers

- 1 travel water bowl

- 4 wooden dumbells

- UD scent articles

- A seekback article

- UD Gloves

- A Jafco muzzle (bought this to use instead of an Elizabethan collar when Daisy had surgery on her leg)

- Clicker and wristband (which is amazing as I always lose them)

- An e-collar and charger

- 5 treat bags

- 3 harnesses

- 12 dog coats

- 4 tugs (my dogs don't generally play tug)

- 17 (!!!) collars

- 2 long lines

- ...and just 12 leashes :laugh:

And that's just the stuff I found in the cupboard/ training bag!

How much dog stuff do you have? (this isn't including toys or the dog's food bowls LOL)

Don't throw it away huski, give it to the Animal Welfare League, I keep meaning to drop my old dog beds off that don't get used anymore. :D