Dogs Victoria Amenities Show - Vic

SwaY

I live less than 10 mins from KCC park thank you very much and it was still 44 degrees on my car's sensor when I got home.

What were you using for a thermometer may I ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee narky much, obviously the heat gets to you !!!!!!!!!!

You said it was 44 in Mentone, not where you live 10min from KCC.

I have been using the 4 links I posted on page two.

See, this is why the crime rate rises in New York during a heat wave!!! :rofl::rofl:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do u think it would be a good idea have the discussion on the weather elsewhere [perhaps at club meetings??]............pleeeeasssse. It would be nice to talk about some show results?.

The subject of how hot our summers can be will & has been around for some time.

Just a thought folks.

Do u think it would be a good idea have the discussion on the weather elsewhere [perhaps at club meetings??]............pleeeeasssse. It would be nice to talk about some show results?.

The subject of how hot our summers can be will & has been around for some time.

Just a thought folks.

The known show results, and a link to the show results, have been posted in this thread. Also, people can only post the results they know, less DOL people there (presumably due to the heat), less people to post results :).

My daughter took her GSD to the show and went BOB which finished her title. There were 10 GSD's actually there.

I live 10 mins from the park and the temp at my place was consistently 5 to 8 deg cooler than in Melb. I wonder if those who stayed home due to the heat, also stayed home from work today to look after the dogs.

Good grief, I am new here and new to showing. But feel like I am back in a bitchy school yard! Cannot believe what I am reading here! I am one of those ' bad' people who showed today! From about 8.30 am we had a lovely breeze through KCC park. I won BoB without much competition, so shoot me! I had a great morning helping a couple of others who didn't have their usual helper, I ended up showing a few other dogs, and grateful for the experience. All but one ring outside were pulled down and packed up by 11 am. Yes it was hot, but once I got in my car to come home the temp said 37 deg I was home by 11.30. never did I see dogs or people staggering around as someone said earlier. What I saw was a dog show with emphases on keeping cool as possible, and getting finished ASAP. Done successfully .

I dare to suggest it was all over quite early because so many people who had entered didn't go. Thankfully.

My daughter took her GSD to the show and went BOB which finished her title. There were 10 GSD's actually there.

I live 10 mins from the park and the temp at my place was consistently 5 to 8 deg cooler than in Melb. I wonder if those who stayed home due to the heat, also stayed home from work today to look after the dogs.

and I'm sure others were not that close to the venue ... travelling across the city.

I don't care what the temperature was at the Park ... I could have gone, shown in my breed (early breed)

and then come home .. I chose not to as the forecast for Melbourne was 40c. It was always forcast to be

38c + and something should have been done by the Club.

I dont disagree at all. My concerns are probably more for dogs left at home.

yep .. I agree with you on that.

I'm lucky in that one of us can always stay at home ... even though my dogs are

more comfortable than we are .. they have dog runs in our double garage which

is under the house (and double bricked) ... it's LOVELY down there :)

mine are in the dog room, which is a pool room on the bottom floor, the best room in the house on hot days. But unfortuantely so many show people have lots and lots of dogs and they are in outside runs...no matter how people try to keep them cool in some temps its not possible.

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Bisart Dobes, on 02 January 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Well, I dropped in to get some more water buckets and just for interests sake took my partners digital temp checker - I was there at 10.15 this morning.

Temp in shade was 48 deg - temp in the ring was 51.5 deg (and that was the grass not the black / tan heavy coated breed that was in the ring at the time) - so average would be 49 deg I guess. Give a 3 deg variance for error in the machine and you still have 46 deg in the ring on the grass.

When people are walking around with sweat literally dripping off them dragging dogs who are dragging / tripping over their own feet I would think that serious heat exhaustion is very close to setting in and the damamge this does to a dogs system can be unrepairable.

I have nothing else to say .

WHAT absolute twaddle this post by Bisart is, they should be ashamed of themselves posting such outrageous exaggerations.

Instead of putting such inaccurate twaddle on forums I believe they should put their mind to writing fiction stories, as I think with their bizarre imagination they should be able to do remarkably well. .

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Bisart Dobes, on 02 January 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Well, I dropped in to get some more water buckets and just for interests sake took my partners digital temp checker - I was there at 10.15 this morning.

Temp in shade was 48 deg - temp in the ring was 51.5 deg (and that was the grass not the black / tan heavy coated breed that was in the ring at the time) - so average would be 49 deg I guess. Give a 3 deg variance for error in the machine and you still have 46 deg in the ring on the grass.

When people are walking around with sweat literally dripping off them dragging dogs who are dragging / tripping over their own feet I would think that serious heat exhaustion is very close to setting in and the damamge this does to a dogs system can be unrepairable.

I have nothing else to say .

WHAT absolute twaddle this post by Bisart is, they should be ashamed of themselves posting such outrageous exaggerations.

Instead of putting such inaccurate twaddle on forums I believe they should put their mind to writing fiction stories, as I think with their bizarre imagination they should be able to do remarkably well. .

Well said Julie R

Hi

I just did a conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit and according to the internet converter the temperatures in the “old” figures would have been 48c = 118 F 51.5c = 125F. So if it was actual fact and the temperatures reached what the person had posted was correct then I am sure it would have made worldwide news…. When has the temperature in Victoria ever reached 118 degrees??? Not in my lifetime that I can recall and never alone 125 degrees. WOWEEE now that is hot. !!!! I can’t understand why people waste their time writing such crap when they know they will be found out and people will think of them as being an absolute idiot.

The temperatures being discussed are spot temperatures, not averages, and it's very possible to get temps that high in certain small areas.

I was at KCC Park around mid afternoon on Sunday and it was very, very hot in some areas, and much cooler in others. There was at least 10 degrees difference between where I parked and where I sat. In fact when I got out of the car I thought I'd made a huge mistake in coming because the heat from the car park hit me like heat from a furnace.

The Beaureau of Meteorology reports average air temps, not spot temps for specific locations. If they did, we'd certainly be hearing about temps in the 50s such as is reported at centre court at the tennis.

The temperatures being discussed are spot temperatures, not averages, and it's very possible to get temps that high in certain small areas.

I was at KCC Park around mid afternoon on Sunday and it was very, very hot in some areas, and much cooler in others. There was at least 10 degrees difference between where I parked and where I sat. In fact when I got out of the car I thought I'd made a huge mistake in coming because the heat from the car park hit me like heat from a furnace.

The Beaureau of Meteorology reports average air temps, not spot temps for specific locations. If they did, we'd certainly be hearing about temps in the 50s such as is reported at centre court at the tennis.

Gayle did you see the following taking place? as I most certainly did not and that is what I am commenting on people posting ABSOLUTE NONSENSE on forums.

quote {Temp in shade was 48 deg - temp in the ring was 51.5 deg (and that was the grass not the black / tan heavy coated breed that was in the ring at the time) - so average would be 49 deg I guess. Give a 3 deg variance for error in the machine and you still have 46 deg in the ring on the grass.

When people are walking around with sweat literally dripping off them dragging dogs who are dragging / tripping over their own feet I would think that serious heat exhaustion is very close to setting in and the damamge this does to a dogs system can be unrepairable}

On Sunday when the show started at 6pm, I can verify that at the entrance to ring 5 it was extremely hot as the gazebos set up alongside the ring were blocking any breeze, and there most certainly were people with sweat dripping off them.

I have no idea what the temperature was but it was far hotter there than in the area I was seated, which was in the shade of one of the brick buildings. A huge difference in temperature.

It got cooler later but at 6pm when I was waiting to go in the ring, yes it was stinking hot there. Much much hotter than other parts of he ground.

On Sunday when the show started at 6pm, I can verify that at the entrance to ring 5 it was extremely hot as the gazebos set up alongside the ring were blocking any breeze, and there most certainly were people with sweat dripping off them.

I have no idea what the temperature was but it was far hotter there than in the area I was seated, which was in the shade of one of the brick buildings. A huge difference in temperature.

It got cooler later but at 6pm when I was waiting to go in the ring, yes it was stinking hot there. Much much hotter than other parts of he ground.

Hummmmm maybe the gazebos did block some breeze but what I was asking did you see on the last day of the shows dogs walking around staggering and suffering from heat exhaustion as was posted on this forum. I bet not and I was at the show you have mentioned, it was a tad hot BUT definitely NO dogs nor people were suffering from heat exhaustion. The post was completely a fabrication of someone’s extreme imagination…. WHY I will never know nor their reasons as to why, BUT most definitely not in favour nor support of the pure bred dog world and THAT I am sure of, but perhaps this same person has a very devious hidden agenda!!!!!.

Hummmmm maybe the gazebos did block some breeze but what I was asking did you see on the last day of the shows dogs walking around staggering and suffering from heat exhaustion as was posted on this forum. I bet not and I was at the show you have mentioned, it was a tad hot BUT definitely NO dogs nor people were suffering from heat exhaustion. The post was completely a fabrication of someone’s extreme imagination…. WHY I will never know nor their reasons as to why, BUT most definitely not in favour nor support of the pure bred dog world and THAT I am sure of, but perhaps this same person has a very devious hidden agenda!!!!!.

gee JulieR you seem a tad aggressive, may be time for a chill pill