Twilight Shows - Would You Attend ? Victorian Poll

SwaY

Twilight Shows  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Twilight Shows - Would you attend more if they were offered?

• Yes at KCC Park ONLY
    • Yes at Bulla ONLY
    • Yes at BOTH
    • N/A
  2. 2. What nights would you attend?

• Friday nights ONLY
    • Saturday nights ONLY
    • Sunday nights ONLY
    • ALL Three
    • Friday / Saturday nights
    • Saturday / Sunday nights
    • N/A
  3. 3. AT what Temperature would you like to see a show cancelled?

• 30°C - 35°C
    • 36°C
    • 37°C
    • 38°C
    • 39°C
    • 40°C
    • 41°C +
    • I would rather them move the time when it's hot
    • I don't want shows cancelled
    • N/A

I love twilight shows!

I do understand that it affects the show organisers a lot more than us exhibotors. It wouldn't be nice packing up a show in the early hours of Monday morning BUT they are the best thing for the dogs. The summer temperatures will most likely continue to increase and we as a dog organisation need to be seen to be doing something to keep the sport going in the summer months. Imagine if PETA or other related organisations heard about a dog show running on a 40+ day??? how would that make us all look???

Great Poll Sway!

I think it is about time that the VCA put the lights on the front lawn area at KCC Park to allow more room for all exhibitors and to enable more air flow. I love twilight shows, I think they have more atmosphere.

I love twilight shows and would enter any day of the week.

I also believe more twilight shows during this time of the year is the way to go. I loathe showing in the heat and am only doing so over the next month or two chasing Neuter classes and even so will not be attending if it is really hot. My neuter bitch is a cool dog, otherwise I would not show at all between Dec and March.

I say YES to more twilight shows :thumbsup:

Edited by dyzney

Great Poll Sway!

I think it is about time that the VCA put the lights on the front lawn area at KCC Park to allow more room for all exhibitors and to enable more air flow. I love twilight shows, I think they have more atmosphere.

Some clubs are working on raising the funds for the lights, rumored to cost approx $130,000.

The two twilight shows over the last two nights have been great.

I would not like to do it on Sunday night and have to go to work on Monday.

Friday night start 7pm Saturday 5 or 6pm.

These shows have been raising money for the lights.

Last year O suggested they do barometer like they did got the walls. Has not happened.

Great Poll Sway!

Some clubs are working on raising the funds for the lights, rumored to cost approx $130,000.

Yes I know Sway and congrats to the many volunteers that are doing something about it and making the effort to raise the money.

But my point is the VCA could put the lights in using the money already raised and maybe get some funds from the shows in the future to help pay the lights off.

The two twilight shows over the last two nights have been great.

I would not like to do it on Sunday night and have to go to work on Monday.

Friday night start 7pm Saturday 5 or 6pm.

These shows have been raising money for the lights.

Last year O suggested they do barometer like they did got the walls. Has not happened.

I agree the two twilight shows this week were great - especially for those exhibiting outside. It even got a little chilly later on in the evening too. A 7 o'clock start also missed the really hot temperatures.

As a rural exhibitor, KCC Park or Bulla twilight shows are out for me because you are travelling in the heat of the day plus return home time is too late. From a committee point of view however, I guess there are more city showies than rural, so I wouldn't campaign actively against them.

What would city-based exhibitors think about travelling to a rural show (say 3 hrs drive one way) that commenced at 7.30pm?

Edited by RuralPug

In WA we can only hold night shows from Jan to March with the 1 exception of Albany (4 hrs away).

A well run club and EXHIBITORS who are organized can have the shows finished at a very sensible time .

They can't start before 6 pm ,most clubs start at 6.30 but still have the right to delay if need be .

As for travelling to country if a pm show ou would fine the city folk would do it

For some people travelling can be an issue,from what i have seen here in my own state is people who DON"T read there gazette to see when the gates open & get there to early & sit in the sun :confused:

Plus those who get there so early for no real valid reason except maybe front row.

I have done the start early on a very hot day & compared to a night show night shows wins hands .i had a dog that was shown in the warmer part but when group was on it was lovely.

Clubs here if a 2 day show do reverse order on one of the days so everyone gets a turn of being latter or early.

the heat .

I am lucky,i go down & set up & take all the crap one does ready & go home ,i can then arrive with minutes to spare & run in the ring,i have coated breeds but i do the work before i leave & just head down & show.

I do think some people could adapt more for the summer months,front row seats surely isn't more important if it means driving in the heat

Should say there is a club here that does the friday/sat option the problem is people work & city travel can be a pain so that doesnt mean any easier

Edited by showdog

As a rural exhibitor, KCC Park or Bulla twilight shows are out for me because you are travelling in the heat of the day plus return home time is too late. From a committee point of view however, I guess there are more city showies than rural, so I wouldn't campaign actively against them.

What would city-based exhibitors think about travelling to a rural show (say 3 hrs drive one way) that commenced at 7.30pm?

I'm a rural exhibitor and I love twilight shows. I hate getting up at 4am for 9am judging and much prefer to be travelling in my air conditioned car in the middle of the day, then home in the cool late evening.

I showed on Sunday evening and loved it. Would love to see more, especially Saturday nights of regular weekends (non public holiday weekends).

I have done the start early on a very hot day & compared to a night show night shows wins hands .i had a dog that was shown in the warmer part but when group was on it was lovely.

I agree completely! I have a breed which is often first in the ring here. But I would still prefer to go in when it is slightly warmer for breed judging than have it hotter for Group judging when you stand in the sun for a much longer time.