Are Some Things Better Left To The Pros?

Guest muttrus

On Pound Rounds' FB page, doesn't it say that they're a group of volunteers who take photos of the animals at BP and HP? So why can't they simply use their own photos that they state they take? It just doesn't make sense.

It's so unwarranted to scream and shout that Pound List are the cause of animals dying because they don't want their photos reproduced - it's asinine because there are other photos available that Pound Rounds could use, i.e. both Blacktown and Hawkesbury pounds have public websites with photos. Why can't they use those instead?

It doesn't add up.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Pound Rounds but all your attacks and bleating don't wash with me.

WHY can't you go into the pounds and take your own photos and make your own assessments? WHY? Is it because you are too busy asking people for money? The fact that you state you do this but don't is raising money on false pretences.

The incident described is not a simple bite - I've been bitten by a few dogs in rescue work and none of them required me to be airlifted to hospital or have surgery on my throat. A bite to the throat indicates a serious intent and attack. Noone should be encouraging an owner in that position to keep the dog.

Edited by dogmad

stop blaming the groups for allegedly not temp testing,

Well... are they?

this could have happened with any dog, from any pound, from any breeder, from any rescue group...

No, this is simply not true. Many groups go through a thorough temp assessment and screening process with their dogs. Many of the groups and individuals posting in this thread have been operating for years and have never had anything of this nature occur.

you may want to revisit some posts/replies to get the facts accurate.

Bit hard when it's all a cover up half the time.

let's all get back to rescuing the precious dogs that all deserve our help and love...

If we never stop to question the actions of others, how would people ever evolve and learn?

I think PR also needs to stop shipping out dogs by quantity rather than quality and the same goes for the homes chosen.

Why on earth would a kid think it was OK to hit a dog with a plank of wood? The mother first said it was a small slap on the side, no mention of wood and then later that the dog was hit with a plank of wood. FFS, what sort of home allows a child to do that?

Here we go again.

There are numerous issues Opal and they are great cause for concern. I have a REALLY bad feeling about the way PR operate and it is only a matter of time before it all goes boom IMO!

There was a dog in HP a while ago who I temp tested. I wasn’t happy with him so decided to re test him two days later.

Before I did that one of your volunteers came in with their kids. It was dam lucky that dog was tied up to the fence as he launched a serious attempt to attack the child which was captured on video.

Despite this, your volunteer suggested he go to a home without kids!

Staff moved him to a dangerous dog pen and he was pts, which is exactly what should have happened.

Do you realise there have been multimillion dollar law suits in the US and UK where a group or individual have knowingly rehomed dogs with serious issues?

I suggest you read up on copyright law in Australia.

The personal attacks and insults on PL or anyone else is disgusting.

Get a decent camera, do some temp testing courses, get some experience and then test up to forty dogs over 3 days. And be honest about the dogs temp!! You have given enough people a bum steer, caused injury to kids and dogs, and put well-meaning people in a distressing and dangerous situation.