Are Some Things Better Left To The Pros?

Guest muttrus

Beats me guys, they are absolutely free to go do whatever they want.

Each member does their PL volly work on top of their own rescue/family/personal commitments. And personally with this bullying and footstamping going on, I'm beginning to wonder if fighting to keep it going is worth it for any of us.

btw for the rescuers who have been assisted by PL members as recently as yesterday (and in many cases they don't know it because members prefer to work quietly) thanks ever so much for the less than flattering hysterical facebook posts. ;)

I wouldn't worry about it.

You don't win Rescuer of the Year [however many times running] if you aren't doing something very right.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They certainly won't be winning Rescuer of the Year, considering that one dog they've transported has ended up with three legs instead of four, and the latest has been stolen.

You have to assume this would've happened sooner or later, when they are publicly disclosing all transport details. Poor dogs.

Edited by Plan B

I also heard of another situation where a staffy and a amstaff was transported to SA and was picked up by the carer. From what I heard I don't think she was aware of the breeds and how to care for them because she put these two dogs into the back of her car without any crates and they had never met each other, well you guessed it, the fight was on, they had to get the police to get the dogs out of the car and they were taken to the local pound, who knows what happened to them.

I feel sorry for the lady who was suppose to be caring for them, because quite certainly didn't know what she was getting her into and for the dogs in question because I think they would have been put to sleep once they got to the pound.

Well sadly the chickens are coming back to roost:

THIS is why it is so important to temperament test

THIS is why unknown dogs should not go to homes without a thorough assessment process.

and it wont be the last if things dont change.

eta.link removed.

Edited by gillbear

Sadly this is happening far too often with PR dogs coming to SA :mad

Ive had numerous calls for help, from inexperienced carers who have dogs sent here from PR that have serious issues and the carers get no support or help at all. Poor dogs are the ones to suffer :(

Oh my. F**K me.

Pound Rounds should be held accountable for the dogs they are releasing. I am sure somewhere there is a temperament assessment of this dog written up under the name of Pound Rounds that shows the dog wearing a halo. If I were that owner I would sue Pound Rounds for damages and for not disclosing a true assessment.

I just read a horrific story from the UK where a staffy type dog was loose in a park (with it's owner) and bit off a child's ear, the father had to punch the dog in the head until it let go. Part of the ear was found by another couple and rushed to hospital but it couldn't be reattached.

If a dog goes for the throat it is not an accident, it means business - it's how many of them would kill another dog or a person. I could not believe the posts that were suggesting the person kept the dog or passed it on. Totally unbelievable.

Seems some people don't realise what "Open Group" means. Nor that when you post on Facebook, you make all your comments and names available. Which is exactly what seems to have been the problem with that dog being stolen - someone knowing every detail of the transport. :rolleyes:

Edited by Plan B

I am both appalled and disgusted by what has transpired since this tragedy was reported earlier... the mob mentality on DOL that I have just read is disgusting, vile, feral mentality that has no respect for facts, as for PL who are claiming all sorts of nonsense, well WTF>> are they not taking photos, videos, and taking notes to save lives?? obviously not from their BS copyrighted crap, how can anyone who does that retain credibility?? who is responsible enough to research the answers, ask the relevant questions of the people who are in the situations, obviously no one who comments on DOL for PL that's for sure ... nor do they show any respect for a woman, who not only has an injured son, but has also been through one of the most traumatic experiences of her life and then had the most gut wrenching decision to make about a loved family pet... there was NO malice from the dog, there was NO indication AT ALL PRIOR that the dog had any issues with humans before this... the circumstances surrounding the attack are made very clear by Lisa, and at no time did she describe it as a mauling or anything of that nature... so please as much as this tragedy is horribly sad, spare a thought for Lisa who is suffering doubly because Harley was her much loved and adored family pet who just really wanted to be loved by her and her family...

why then must this tragedy be portrayed as something it clearly is not?? stop blaming the groups for allegedly not temp testing, this could have happened with any dog, from any pound, from any breeder, from any rescue group, does that mean that ALL rescue must stop now?? For those of you who claim to have read the details of this case, you may want to revisit some posts/replies to get the facts accurate.

the explanations have been given for the attack, let's all get back to rescuing the precious dogs that all deserve our help and love...

I am both appalled and disgusted by what has transpired since this tragedy was reported earlier... the mob mentality on DOL that I have just read is disgusting, vile, feral mentality that has no respect for facts, as for PL who are claiming all sorts of nonsense, well WTF>> are they not taking photos, videos, and taking notes to save lives?? obviously not from their BS copyrighted crap, how can anyone who does that retain credibility?? who is responsible enough to research the answers, ask the relevant questions of the people who are in the situations, obviously no one who comments on DOL for PL that's for sure ... nor do they show any respect for a woman, who not only has an injured son, but has also been through one of the most traumatic experiences of her life and then had the most gut wrenching decision to make about a loved family pet... there was NO malice from the dog, there was NO indication AT ALL PRIOR that the dog had any issues with humans before this... the circumstances surrounding the attack are made very clear by Lisa, and at no time did she describe it as a mauling or anything of that nature... so please as much as this tragedy is horribly sad, spare a thought for Lisa who is suffering doubly because Harley was her much loved and adored family pet who just really wanted to be loved by her and her family...

why then must this tragedy be portrayed as something it clearly is not?? stop blaming the groups for allegedly not temp testing, this could have happened with any dog, from any pound, from any breeder, from any rescue group, does that mean that ALL rescue must stop now?? For those of you who claim to have read the details of this case, you may want to revisit some posts/replies to get the facts accurate.

the explanations have been given for the attack, let's all get back to rescuing the precious dogs that all deserve our help and love...

You are going on about things that have not been said, now bringing Pound List into it again.

Does anyone that does not want to be associated with pound rounds have to be attacked? As they have taken the photographs they want off here and pass it off as their own and ask for money or to contact pound rounds on the bottom of the photo's. Pound List are not associated with one rescue group, it is voluntary the position of meeting the dogs, temp testing and photographing. Pound Rounds talks of going to the pound and doing all this so why are they unable to do their own thing and not get so upset?

Talking about mob mentality,anything not for the group is deleted so it looks like everyone has to agree with each other or it is a crime.

I find it mildly amusing that people who are actually concerned for animal welfare are accused of not caring because things are questioned and your accusations are suppose to be acceptable. A lot of what has been written is fact and yours is emotionally driven and little fact to back it up.

A dog bit a child from what I have read (not attacked - two very different things) the owner of the dog disclosed where the dog came from, no one else.

I do know the circumstances of the 'attack' and YES I do know it was a bite and not an attack, sorry I was quoting the words used by the majority of people on this thread... I am also not quite sure why it's ok to lay the blame on a group who did temp test the dog and the actual owner of the dog has also stated quite clearly that the bite occurred after her son hit the dog with a piece of wood... I am simply asking why should all of the people here put the blame on one group, a group who is clearly NOT at fault with this unfortunate accident. I am just disgusted at the lengths that some will go to for point scoring when we are all here for the same purpose... As for the comments I have made relating to PL and the people behind that group of volunteers?? I am and always will be under the impression that ALL volunteers are representatives of who they work for and as such should promote that business and it's services or products as the company and therefore wouldn't have any legal right to allow or refuse others to use the photos/videos for promotion purposes.. I do fully respect that the person who writes up the temp notes is using their own words but again, as a volunteer nothing is really owned by an individual but is by the company who is the 'employer' if you like has the authority to allow permission to whoever it likes... I too have volunteered and that was my experience, so please forgive me for mistaking that the pound IS the rightful owner of any photo/video or assessment made on their behalf by a volunteer and therefore are the only ones who can refuse permission and indeed allow permission for use ... and from where I sit, the only ones who suffer from this stupidity are the ones who have most at stake, the precious animals sitting in pounds on death row because of irresponsible, ignorant owners in the first place....

So please, stop with the deadly games and concentrate your time and efforts into saving more animals, they need us to stick together to make the difference for them...

You are going on about things that have not been said, now bringing Pound List into it again.

Does anyone that does not want to be associated with pound rounds have to be attacked? As they have taken the photographs they want off here and pass it off as their own and ask for money or to contact pound rounds on the bottom of the photo's. Pound List are not associated with one rescue group, it is voluntary the position of meeting the dogs, temp testing and photographing. Pound Rounds talks of going to the pound and doing all this so why are they unable to do their own thing and not get so upset?

Talking about mob mentality,anything not for the group is deleted so it looks like everyone has to agree with each other or it is a crime.

I find it mildly amusing that people who are actually concerned for animal welfare are accused of not caring because things are questioned and your accusations are suppose to be acceptable. A lot of what has been written is fact and yours is emotionally driven and little fact to back it up.

A dog bit a child from what I have read (not attacked - two very different things) the owner of the dog disclosed where the dog came from, no one else.

They certainly won't be winning Rescuer of the Year, considering that one dog they've transported has ended up with three legs instead of four, and the latest has been stolen.

You have to assume this would've happened sooner or later, when they are publicly disclosing all transport details. Poor dogs.

In case you weren't aware, Bindi did break out of the truck and was injured and suffered terribly but is doing well now, and was the 2nd dog in a short space of time to escape from the same transport company vehicle. Bindi's case is well publicised while the other has not been given as much air time...

and it was actually the new owner who disclosed all the details of Tyson on her own facebook page...

I have a far-out suggestion. Bare with me.

How about instead of bleating and bashing away on keyboards with 'how very dare they', some of the loudest complainers or some of the 5000+ supporters step aaawwwwwaaayyy from the computer, go in every week, take notes and photos, then put them on facebook or wherever they want. I find it impossible to believe that couldn't be organised, instead a deliberate and heavy handed attempt at getting PL to toe the line is in fact the cause of dogs missing out.

Can I make it clearer on what the issue is here? Pound Rounds have the people and the resources to go in EVERY SINGLE DAY if they wish. But will not, instead energy and time is being spent belittling and blaming a small group of women who work quietly for no other reason than to help.

I've had enough of the bullying, lies and abuse, the name calling and foul foul language (yes you too Opal, your wall is wide open and not pretty) and not once have I stooped to the kind of abuse and accusations levelled at me personally (as the unfortunate spokesperson) and the fellow volunteers, some of whom have thankfully managed to stay anon. Why would anyone feel compelled to associate with those kinds of activities. Sending a sockpuppet on to defend the indefensible isn't helping either.

PL has reasons for not wanting their notes and images widely distributed as gospel rehoming advice and I would think this latest incident could spell it out clearer than I can.

Our simple request is to be left alone and out of the PoundRounds juggernaut.

Anna - Powerlegs

Edited by Pound List

I do know the circumstances of the 'attack' and YES I do know it was a bite and not an attack, sorry I was quoting the words used by the majority of people on this thread... I am also not quite sure why it's ok to lay the blame on a group who did temp test the dog and the actual owner of the dog has also stated quite clearly that the bite occurred after her son hit the dog with a piece of wood... I am simply asking why should all of the people here put the blame on one group, a group who is clearly NOT at fault with this unfortunate accident. I am just disgusted at the lengths that some will go to for point scoring when we are all here for the same purpose... As for the comments I have made relating to PL and the people behind that group of volunteers?? I am and always will be under the impression that ALL volunteers are representatives of who they work for and as such should promote that business and it's services or products as the company and therefore wouldn't have any legal right to allow or refuse others to use the photos/videos for promotion purposes.. I do fully respect that the person who writes up the temp notes is using their own words but again, as a volunteer nothing is really owned by an individual but is by the company who is the 'employer' if you like has the authority to allow permission to whoever it likes... I too have volunteered and that was my experience, so please forgive me for mistaking that the pound IS the rightful owner of any photo/video or assessment made on their behalf by a volunteer and therefore are the only ones who can refuse permission and indeed allow permission for use ... and from where I sit, the only ones who suffer from this stupidity are the ones who have most at stake, the precious animals sitting in pounds on death row because of irresponsible, ignorant owners in the first place....

So please, stop with the deadly games and concentrate your time and efforts into saving more animals, they need us to stick together to make the difference for them...

Would you like me to post some attacks up that pound rounds have put onto Pound List members? They are nothing short of vile childish comments, accusing many people of the same thing you are, and that is not caring for dogs and cats in pounds. It is highly insulting and beyond a joke, some of these people have been involved with pounds and/or rescue for many years. They have worked well with a lot of people and have not had to put up with the abuse they have received, by email, by phone, via social network sites and personal messaging. Nor be told they are to blame for dogs dying in the pound.

Start looking inwards and find remarks made by certain people that are members of a certain group are not looking for an amicable arrangement, they are looking to rail road people into doing things their way and only their way, and when it is not done, the abuse flies.

Volunteers are just that, they are not employees of the pound, they volunteer their time after agreeing with the council or pound in a formatted way. Unless it is expressed by the pound they want the photo's or the arrangement is made with what can happen with their photo's it is the property of the people who take them as well as the temp notes.

If temp notes are used by third parties please tell me how you think people could answer other questions ask? or if the dogs behaviour changes and the people copying them do not update them?

As I am lead to believe pound rounds state they go to these pounds, they take photo's and meet the dogs. Why can they not just use their own material and not others? Pound Rounds is a rescue group and that then leads towards them asking for their own donations and foster carers and adopting dogs from them. This then defeats a non biased approach that Pound List uses.

Pound Rounds have been involved in a lot of incidences of late with dogs, creating concerns by people who do not ethically agree with what is going on. I find it hard that when questions are asked and it is seen as an attack, and hysterical abuse follows (again willing to post past abuse) rather than be willing to be honest other people that are involve in pounds/rescues/helping pound dogs and cats in some way.

Has it ever been thought of that pound rounds can do their work and others do theirs without having to explain, justify or be put in a position of having to work with pound rounds? Because from what I have seen, if you do not agree to, you are not interested in saving dogs lives, alienating what pound rounds states it wants - no one wants to work with people that are going to harass or abuse them.

Make no mistake in your words! Deadly games, this is not a game, this is real, someone has been bitten hard enough to require surgery and a question of the dog being put to sleep because of this. No one is playing a game, they are genuinely concerned for the dog, the people involved and the ramifications it can have on rescue.