Katy-bear Pulling Our Canoe

newfsie

We have been plodding along doing our lonely Water training........We have some friends who are interested now. Well one :)

Anyway, I have been working on Katy and pulling in items.......Yesterday, our Saturday she was amazing.....She pulled in our canoe with Mike and our friend Renee for a long distance and beached it. She did this happily twice. She also pulled in the Buoy (Life-ring) several times, with us and just it, she beaches everything....All the way onto land. We were at the lake for four hours...the dogs slept so well after that.......Her "take it" is not as good yet....She will bring everything to me, but not as happily to others. I am trying to train the people to be exited when she gets there, but they just seem so flat. I need exiting when we train :lol:

Annabelle sat in the canoe :) She loved it......Great idea. I am hoping to train Katy now, she is so large, that it will take some doing.

We only put her life vest on when it got a little choppy at the end of the day.

My friend is having trouble down loading her pictures...So so far she has only sent me this one :(. but she has promised more. next week I will take my little camera

2940919780048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by newfsie

We have been plodding along doing our lonely Water training........We have some friends who are interested now. Well one :)

Anyway, I have been working on Katy and pulling in items.......Yesterday, our Saturday she was amazing.....She pulled in our canoe with Mike and our friend Renee for a long distance and beached it. She did this happily twice. She also pulled in the Buoy (Life-ring) several times, with us and just it, she beaches everything....All the way onto land. We were at the lake for four hours...the dogs slept so well after that.......Her "take it" is not as good yet....She will bring everything to me, but not as happily to others. I am trying to train the people to be exited when she gets there, but they just seem so flat. I need exiting when we train :lol:

Annabelle sat in the canoe :) She loved it......Great idea. I am hoping to train Katy now, she is so large, that it will take some doing.

We only put her life vest on when it got a little choppy at the end of the day.

My friend is having trouble down loading her pictures...So so far she has only sent me this one :(. but she has promised more. next week I will take my little camera

2940919780048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

Two friends?? Good photo. Look forward to seeing more.

Due to the closeup of the hand in that photo Katey looks like a wee pup!

Our wee puppy weighs in at 72kg and she does not have an ounce of fat on her.......hence she needs a life vest when she is tired, no fat.........Unlike Annabelle , who has a little extra to float :)

Katy has been retrieving in water since she was 16 weeks old

2063320990048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

Katy as a little pup, retrieving in the Murray River

2759423660048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

And the weather doesn't matter...this is mid winter at lake Hume........Annabelle prefers it warmer

2605528250048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

All three towing a person back in