Ideas/suggestions For Pointscore 2013

Keshwar

So as not to clutter up the pointscore 2012 discussions I thought I would start a new topic for ideas, changes suggestions for the 2013 pointscore.

This should give Troy and his team heaps of time to evaluate the ideas and perhaps incorporate them in next years pointscore.

Lets try to keep this constructive and positive.

Edited by Keshwar

I like the idea of limiting the amount of times a dog can be shown under each judge for the group in the 12 months.

eg Dog Fido judged by Mrs Judge in grp 8.

I would like to know whom the judges were that awarded that dog the Best of breed or higher.

Should be listed when claiming BOB.

RUBOB should receive some amount of points, no extra points if show is over XXX of entries.

BB

I'll get the ball rolling. :)

One thing I would like to see recognised is class in group/show wins recognised.

Currently they are recognised in the Rising star competition but not once the dog has moved on to Intermediate and above.

I think class in Group/show is an achievement.

One thing I would like to see recognised is class in group/show wins recognised.

Currently they are recognised in the Rising star competition but not once the dog has moved on to Intermediate and above.

I agree with this completely!!!! Also it would just be interesting to know how many dogs were actually there, but i can't think of a way they could do this and keep thier numbering system. I have seen shows that have had high entries meet with weather problems and dogs getting high points based on entries that were withdrawn or absent. I just don't know how they could solve the problem considering the numbers are based on the catalogue numbers. And RUBOB should definately get points.

I have had numerous RBC or only class of breed wins then go on to Class in group and wait around forever and get knocked out by RIS or RUBIS. At least group 1 finishes just before general Specials. What a bummer for say finishing at 11am and wait around till 4 pm and knocked out.

This would give an emphasis to stay.

I don't participate in Pointscores but I would like to see retrieving/field trial champions AT LEAST on par with tracking champions (currently it's 50 vs 100 points). To gain Novice (NRD) and Restricted (RRD) titles in retrieving a dog must win three times at each level. Once in the highest level (All Age) the dog has to win twice against highly experienced dogs and may trial for a long time without winning. Even completing an All Age stake is a huge achievement and a dog who achieves this 10 times under 3 different judges is awarded AARD.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I don't participate in Pointscores but I would like to see retrieving/field trial champions AT LEAST on par with tracking champions (currently it's 50 vs 100 points). To gain Novice (NRD) and Restricted (RRD) titles in retrieving a dog must win three times at each level. Once in the highest level (All Age) the dog has to win twice against highly experienced dogs and may trial for a long time without winning. Even completing an All Age stake is a huge achievement and a dog who achieves this 10 times under 3 different judges is awarded AARD.

TSD Troy did take our suggestion on board and changed the points from 50 to 100 for FT and RT Ch in line with the Tracking Champion. I think that this is a step in the right direction - yes the other retrieving and field titles are rediculously difficult to achieve and may be worth more to us, however I think for now it is at least a more even playing field for "champion" title points.

i do think, though, that for the all the titles, including conformation, the "champion" award points should be the same, regardless of how hard it is to gain certain titles over others. They all carry the title of champion and they all enable a dual champ/triple champ if achieving more than one. All champion titles should be worth either 50 or 100 points, and all grands, if offered, worth 100 or more.

ETA: this if in regards to the "breeder of the year" points being awarded.

Edited by SparkyTansy

TSD Troy did take our suggestion on board and changed the points from 50 to 100 for FT and RT Ch in line with the Tracking Champion. I think that this is a step in the right direction - yes the other retrieving and field titles are rediculously difficult to achieve and may be worth more to us, however I think for now it is at least a more even playing field for "champion" title points.

i do think, though, that for the all the titles, including conformation, the "champion" award points should be the same, regardless of how hard it is to gain certain titles over others. They all carry the title of champion and they all enable a dual champ/triple champ if achieving more than one. All champion titles should be worth either 50 or 100 points, and all grands, if offered, worth 100 or more.

ETA: this if in regards to the "breeder of the year" points being awarded.

Oh cool, I didn't realise - thanks ST and thanks Troy :thanks:

For regions with a smaller showing population not to be penalised for lack of numbers (eg, with Rising Star)

Total Show Entry is less that 250

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy in Show - 25 points

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy in Group - 10 points

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy of Breed - 5 points

Total Show Entry is 250 or more but less than 1000

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy in Show - 50 points

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy in Group - 20 points

Total Show Entry is 1000 or more

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy in Show - 100 points

Junior, Puppy, Minor Puppy or Baby Puppy in Group - 40 points

How about the Track and Search titles: TSD and TSDX?

Where is CCD in the obedience titles?

Please

Have you had a look at the rules? They are actually already included in there.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the only competition where participants can enter titles other than conformation titles, a Breeder Competition?

So, for those training and trialling their dogs train and trial for the accolades to them be passed on to their dog's breeder?

Am I correct in saying there is no competition for owners/trainer/trialler to enter their own dog/s into and receive points for their dog, but in their name?

The breeder comp is a great idea, but does not really encourage the ones out there doing the work to enter the competition, when the breeder is the one receiving the warm and fuzzies.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the only competition where participants can enter titles other than conformation titles, a Breeder Competition?

So, for those training and trialling their dogs train and trial for the accolades to them be passed on to their dog's breeder?

Am I correct in saying there is no competition for owners/trainer/trialler to enter their own dog/s into and receive points for their dog, but in their name?

The breeder comp is a great idea, but does not really encourage the ones out there doing the work to enter the competition, when the breeder is the one receiving the warm and fuzzies.

Yes that is correct and I agree with you that the trialler etc is doing all the hard work. It has always been an aim of mine to include agility competitions etc, but whilst we may include other competitions in future years, I do not want to promise anything or give you false hopes.

The pointscore in it's current format actually takes a fair amount of work to initally set up and then to maintain. I don't want to over commit ourselves to the point where we don't have the resources to properly administer it (and on a personal level, I still want to have a bit of a life outside of DOL :) ).

I am doing a fair bit of work to the 2012 competition to improve the 'back-end coding' and to make our life easier on the administration side. If I think we will be able to manage another comp, I may test the waters next year.

Yes that is correct and I agree with you that the trialler etc is doing all the hard work. It has always been an aim of mine to include agility competitions etc, but whilst we may include other competitions in future years, I do not want to promise anything or give you false hopes.

The pointscore in it's current format actually takes a fair amount of work to initally set up and then to maintain. I don't want to over commit ourselves to the point where we don't have the resources to properly administer it (and on a personal level, I still want to have a bit of a life outside of DOL :) ).

I am doing a fair bit of work to the 2012 competition to improve the 'back-end coding' and to make our life easier on the administration side. If I think we will be able to manage another comp, I may test the waters next year.

Thanks Troy, I can only imagine the work that goes into all this!

I was going to mention something similar as I trial my girl in a few different disciplines however she is not able to be shown (mismark). I'd love to be able to compete in a point score individually in that regard :)

How about the Track and Search titles: TSD and TSDX?

Where is CCD in the obedience titles?

Please

Have you had a look at the rules? They are actually already included in there.

Sorry Troy; who knows what I looked at!

Absolutely Troy. I totally get what a massive amount of work it all must be. And seriously where does it end, how far do you go.

I think you are doing a brilliant job with the point scores and being open to suggestions is fantastic. :)