Bendigo Man Threatens To Kill Pet Cats If They Wander Into His Yard

Peace_Of_Mind

Guest lavendergirl

Even so - contain your cats. I take no responsibility if a wandering cat comes in my yard and my dogs kill it and I'm certainly not going to swerve to hit a cat on the road in the middle of the night and risk wrapping myself around a pole. If your wandering cat dies - too bad. Keep the bloody thing indoors!

I am not sure if i posted this on here or not when it happened.

a Few months ago i was driving home, it was after dark.

I drove past a little black cat who was killed on the road, he was still in themiddle of the street.

I got home and i couldnt stop thinking of him to turned around, i was going to move him off the road so if the owners came out to find him he wouldnt be squished to the road and they could find him laying on someones front lawn in stead.

I drove over and parked and got out and went to grab him

He was still alive :cry: :cry: :cry:

He must have been in so much pain, he went nuts and tried to attack me, i managed to get him into my car where he was fitting and screaming. I got him home first and into the bathroom. I run the vets who said to keep an eye on him and see how he goes and bring him in if he got worse. Within about 10 mins he was having massive fits, i tried to snuggle him up but his fitting wouldnt allow it, i was a total mess and rung mum to come get us and drive us to the vets.

He fitted again and hit his head on the floor pretty hard.

We picked him up with him screaming in pain and rushed him to the vets. They took one look at him and said he had to be PTS

So i just want to say to those who think it is ok to have their pets roaming that i hope one day the above does not happen to your cat. I still have nightmares about it and wish i could find the owners and slap them for letting this little one roam. Because of them he suffered a horrifying death.

I also wont swerve if i see an animal, i will slow down if possible but wont swerve. As heart breaking as the end may be for that animal, it would be horrible if i ran into another car and killed a person.

At least i know my cats (the ones who are unhappy and living horrible lives inside) will never ever have to suffer this way.

What an awful experience for you, but I find the vet's response quite incredible given the cat was "fitting and screaming". :mad

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even so - contain your cats. I take no responsibility if a wandering cat comes in my yard and my dogs kill it and I'm certainly not going to swerve to hit a cat on the road in the middle of the night and risk wrapping myself around a pole. If your wandering cat dies - too bad. Keep the bloody thing indoors!

I am not sure if i posted this on here or not when it happened.

a Few months ago i was driving home, it was after dark.

I drove past a little black cat who was killed on the road, he was still in themiddle of the street.

I got home and i couldnt stop thinking of him to turned around, i was going to move him off the road so if the owners came out to find him he wouldnt be squished to the road and they could find him laying on someones front lawn in stead.

I drove over and parked and got out and went to grab him

He was still alive :cry: :cry: :cry:

He must have been in so much pain, he went nuts and tried to attack me, i managed to get him into my car where he was fitting and screaming. I got him home first and into the bathroom. I run the vets who said to keep an eye on him and see how he goes and bring him in if he got worse. Within about 10 mins he was having massive fits, i tried to snuggle him up but his fitting wouldnt allow it, i was a total mess and rung mum to come get us and drive us to the vets.

He fitted again and hit his head on the floor pretty hard.

We picked him up with him screaming in pain and rushed him to the vets. They took one look at him and said he had to be PTS

So i just want to say to those who think it is ok to have their pets roaming that i hope one day the above does not happen to your cat. I still have nightmares about it and wish i could find the owners and slap them for letting this little one roam. Because of them he suffered a horrifying death.

I also wont swerve if i see an animal, i will slow down if possible but wont swerve. As heart breaking as the end may be for that animal, it would be horrible if i ran into another car and killed a person.

At least i know my cats (the ones who are unhappy and living horrible lives inside) will never ever have to suffer this way.

Oh what a horrible story.

You did the right thing to help the little cat.

Owners should be accountable for their cats, but unfortunately some are not.

So many on here banging on about domestic cats killing wildlife, despoiling gardens and making noises at night. Motor vehicles also kill millions of native animals each year. They also cause environmental pollution and noise pollution and cause serious injuries and death to people and domestic pets.

How about we lock em all up in the garage and never let them out?

So many on here banging on about domestic cats killing wildlife, despoiling gardens and making noises at night. Motor vehicles also kill millions of native animals each year. They also cause environmental pollution and noise pollution and cause serious injuries and death to people and domestic pets.

:banghead:

I'm not going to bother answering that.

Your posts drip with hypocrisy, Chubbsie. I suggest you sit back and actually learn something, rather than reply to experienced posters with inflammatory, p!ss-taking emoticons.

What, like this one? :rolleyes:

I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but it's not particularly constructive. You really need to fix your attitude problem.

Having trouble keeping up pet? I'll spell it out for you. I was utilising an inflammatory p!ss-taking emoticon as a response to your post.

Your posts drip with hypocrisy, Chubbsie. I suggest you sit back and actually learn something, rather than reply to experienced posters with inflammatory, p!ss-taking emoticons.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but it's not particularly constructive. You really need to fix your attitude problem.

Having trouble keeping up pet? I'll spell it out for you. I was utilising an inflammatory p!ss-taking emoticon as a response to your post.

Oh great, that's fabulously mature. Have a medal.

As I said; attitude problem. You've got one, and you really need to fix it.

I quite like my attitude thank you and have no intention of "fixing" it. How about we agree to ignore each other from now on? You won't get stressed by my "bad" attitude and I won't have to waste my time explaining my posts to you. Sounds like a plan to me.

I quite like my attitude thank you and have no intention of "fixing" it. How about we agree to ignore each other from now on? You won't get stressed by my "bad" attitude and I won't have to waste my time explaining my posts to you. Sounds like a plan to me.

:laugh: Regardless of whether we ignore each other, how you've been treating other users on this forum is going to get you absolutely nowhere.

Looks like someone was on the receiving end of the ban hammer :D

Back on topic..

We see lots of dead cats on the roads around here. Often you can see a collar somewhere in the mess but should members of the public have to pull over and play "Find the name tag in what appears to be a cat's bowels" because the some cat owners refuse to understand the risks?

Maybe cat owners should be paying registration too- the proceeds can be used to supply each homeowner in the council area with a pair of disposable rubber gloves and some kind of prodding/scraping tool (especially for those cats that get flattened in the middle of the road and need to be moved).

That's not even comparing apples to oranges . . . more like comparing bindi-burrs to bricks :D

For most of us automobiles are a necessary evil. Now wandering cats . . . or do you drive to work in you cat?

If automobiles that were not locked in the garage climbed fences, got into fights, went feral, bred prolifically, and crapped in gardens, I think people would demand that they get locked up.

Maybe cat owners should be paying registration too- the proceeds can be used to supply each homeowner in the council area with a pair of disposable rubber gloves and some kind of prodding/scraping tool (especially for those cats that get flattened in the middle of the road and need to be moved).

We have lifetime Rego here in NSW, and all my cats (but Zero who will be done next week) are registered. dont you guys have to register cats?

Funny you should mention that. My car IS locked in the garage, only ever goes out and about with me, is not allowed to roam, get into fights with other cars, does not breed a fleet of little cars whenever it wants, does not crap or dig in neighbours' gardens, and has also never caused an injury or death to a person or domestic pet. Can the same be said of your cats?

I think anyone who flattens a roaming cat on the road should take out a Civil Claim for damage to the car as well as go for emotional pain and suffering for the trauma it causes when someone has to scrape it off the road like in Teebs' situation where she's obviously still traumatised by the shocking experience.

That's not even comparing apples to oranges . . . more like comparing bindi-burrs to bricks :D

For most of us automobiles are a necessary evil. Now wandering cats . . . or do you drive to work in you cat?

If automobiles that were not locked in the garage climbed fences, got into fights, went feral, bred prolifically, and crapped in gardens, I think people would demand that they get locked up.

:rofl: I'm loving the mental image I have right now.... think herbie gone bad.

Chubbsie, seriously what are you doing on dol, you just seem to be spoiling for a fight?

Edited by erinonthefarm

We have lifetime Rego here in NSW, and all my cats (but Zero who will be done next week) are registered. dont you guys have to register cats?

Nope. Chips are also optional still for cats.

Also no laws regarding cat numbers, provided they have the basics (water, food and access to shelter) which undoubtedly contributes even further to the problem.

Nope. Chips are also optional still for cats.

Also no laws regarding cat numbers, provided they have the basics (water, food and access to shelter) which undoubtedly contributes even further to the problem.

Wow, that's crazy. We pay rego here for cats, as well as there being a two cat per household limit.

As of November WA brings in new cats laws. They include all a=cats over 6 months of age must be desexed and microchipped, the limit is 2 cats per household. They can and will be impounded if causing issues fighting roaming etc.

As of now we have no cat laws, Rangers don't want to know as there is no legislation regarding cats. If you have annoying cat it is your issue. They will hire out humane traps but if you catch a cat you have to deal with it. If it is an obvious feral they will euth them. Thankfully our rangers down are good and they will trap cats and if friendly they go to foster care and they try to locate the owner.