Where Find "water Trap" Mat

fiveplusone

i want a mat for under water bowl, but one that "holds" water so it's not soggy like using a towel would be. I found one on www.Orvis.com but they don't ship to Oz.

Anyone know of anything similar here?

Like This

You could also use an upside down lid with a towel in it so that the water was trapped in the towel and lid.

Why not one of the incontinence bed pads? The human ones can absorb up to a couple of litres, I think. They take a while to dry out tho.

Was thinking the same. I have one on my bed for Smooch as he sometimes has accidents especially in cold weather. I washed it yesterday in the washing machine and it was dry by night time.

I got sick of messy towels too from the dogs dribbling and spilling water everywhere, but instead of finding a better mat, we bought one of these bowls for inside: Road Refresher

Almost no mess now as a result! :thumbsup:

I have one of those, it had very little effect on the water that gets dribbled after Lexi has a drink :(

I have one too. My Ridgeback never spills a drop out of it and it's great for travelling with him. The crazy Mali pup on the other hand takes a mouthful then runs off at lightening speed with water flying out of her mouth in all directions. Either that or she just spits it all in my lap. No time to actually swallow it!

She also takes great delight in dragging it to her bed and turning it upside down. Water not coming out? No worries, you just roll it on it's side a bit, let the water pool in the corner then flip it. Awsome! :rolleyes: How one small pup can empty a 'no spill' bowl in less than 10 seconds is beyond me!