Transporting Dogs

mongo1

I'm trying to get an idea of what a reasonable price to pay for transporting dogs.

I have two dogs that I'm moving from Perth to Darwin and I've been quoted from $700 - $1200 for them both to go, this sounds rather pricey to me but I'm not sure as I've never transported dogs before. I'm sure there are some people on here that transport their dogs regularly can you let me know if this seem like an excessive price or not?

Thanks

What size are they? if it is AAE they go on weight. $700 does seem quite high to me... are you sending them up by themselves or travelling with you? it should cost less particularly if they are travelling with you.

I paid $1100 return for 1 Weimaraner bitch (approx 28kg) from Perth to Canberra last year, unnaccompanied.

before that, I paid approx $360 return from Perth-Adelaide-Perth for same dog, but I was travelling with her.

ETA: by "with you" i mean same flight

Edited by SparkyTansy

Shoot Wayrod on this forum a PM, he organised transport for my girl from Perth to Adelaide at great rate and has wonderful customer service :)

+ 1

I recently used his transport services again, this time to send a pup from Melbourne to Perth, very happy with communication, service and price. The pup was sent in a PP30 crate (really to large but allowing for future usage) was under 8 kilos and I think most of that weight was crate, bedding and water.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well I think I must be the +8 for Wayrod!!!

My boys arrived happy and healthy with absolutely no fuss, I am so pleased with the service and so glat the I jumped on dogzonline to get some second opinons, so thanks everyone for your recommendations :thumbsup::thumbsup: