Nicknames?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi unuscornu

Hi :)

Most of these nicknames are making the names longer! With lots of goo goo gaga endings :p

I'm glad that we all seem to be of the consensus that nicknames are harmless and really just a bit of fun.

Well there you go... Weas I had no idea your dogs were actually called Chelsea and Diesel! I thought they were actually Weasel and Fox :o

Well Chelsea and Diesel are the names they had in their respective shelters and on their paperwork, they don't actually get called their 'real' names much :o

I think we overcompensated for not giving them their original names by giving them a whole bunch of nicknames :D

I stlli introduce my girl as Chelsea tho because if I say 'Chess' people think I am saying 'Jess'

Absolutely! Even hubby has nicknames (but not always nice ones :laugh: )

Dogs are

Tango (GS) - Tangopatutti, Tutti, Toot toots, Tutti Putti

Smudge (Pom) - Smudgie Woo, Monster, Munchkin, Moo Moo, Possum, Froggy Doggy, Monkey Dog

Pixie (Chi) - started off Pixie, then became Pixie LuluBelle and now is almost exclusively called Lulu

Charlie (Cattle Dog) - Charlie Boy, Charlie Warley (although Charlie's such a mischievous dog, I think he thinks his name might be "Charlie, No!")

Cats

Peanut - Nutter Butter, Butter Boy

Willow - Willow Spileski

Henry - Henry Pops, Pop pops

Mr Kitty Pickles - Fatty Cat, Kitty

Minipig

Poppy Porkchop (usually just Poppy) - Miss Piggy, Little Piggy

Edited by tangopatutti

My old boy already has a really short name (Kiff) so instead gets called things like Snausage, Fatty-fat-fat-fat-fat or, when referring to him and the other dogs, "the goonhounds" (because their intelligence seems to drop with every greyhound added to the group).

Sally was already named Sally when she came to us and even though I didn't like the name, I never got around to changing it. She gets called random nouns with "Sally" added to the start- "Sallycow", "Sallyhound", "Sallyboots", "Sallytardwhojustpukedgrassonmyshoe".

Whew! I'm not the only one who uses not-so-nice nicknames.

Bonza, the naughty but cuddly one, goes to Bombza, Bomb, Stinky (due to a memorable incident) to Stink Bomb, as well as Rat, Little Rat, Stinky Rat, SweetiePie, MudPie, and BonBon, to name a few.

Jarrah, who has little sense of humor and rarely misbehaves, just gets Jehr-Jehr or Sweetie.

Yeps,

Lotus- Goat, Goata, Goata pig, pig

Sam- he just gets Samual

kite - Whitey, Kiter and at the moment WHALE!

Audrey - Orgy (awkward moment at a dog show when i was yelling that out to her and a little old lady was not impressed)

Konrad - Rad man, Rads, Radical, Kon, Konifer, Sean Kon-ery :laugh:

And the two new babies are already getting som

Fable - Fabs, Delorussss (thanks to a freind)

Midas- Mighty, mids

Xena: xenie, xenie-lamborghini and troll

Hercules: googan, hercen-jerkin, doofus and beavis

Bandit: bandaid, lanky, target ( he has a lovley tan mark in a certain spot on his rear :laugh: ), oopid and butt-head

If my trio hear their real names its normaly if they've been naughty :laugh:

James is called many things:

Bear (including Baby Bear)

Puppy/Pup

Jamie (-Bear, -Boy)

Jam

Smelly Bum/Dog

Baby Boy

A woman in a dog park once started calling him Jimmy. She was then concerned that he wouldn't listen to her. I couldn't get the "wtf" expression off my face long enough to explain that he's a DOG and doesn't know that Jimmy is a diminuitive of James :laugh:

Barney- Barney Boo Boo, Boo boo, Bop, Bop Bop, Booney, Piggy, Turdboy, Barnacles, Feralhead or just Feral.

Tilly- Tillylilly, Tillywilly, Till Till, Princess

Pippin- Pip, Pippy, Pathetic Dog (when he whinges at gates that aren't open when behind him is a perfectly good open gate)

Ours have a whole heap of nicknames and yes they will respond to most of them-

Real name- Diesel

Nicknames- Fatty, Fatty Boomba, Doofus, Boof, Boof Head, Cheezel, little man, princess

Real Name- Rumour

Nicknames- Rumour Fish (long story),Big butt, gorgeous girl, nutter, nutcase, tassie devil

She also turns really fast and is constantly almost running into things like tables, chairs, walls etc so I reckon she also thinks her name is 'watch out for the .....'

Edited by ~Rumour~

I have for one other dog, her name was Faith, I called her Fay.

For Archie, my Pug, its a bit hard to shorten :laugh: but when we first knew we were getting him I kept calling him Artie.....I watch too much Warehouse 13 ;)

Now he is just Archie all the time :D

Lynn

Well there you go... Weas I had no idea your dogs were actually called Chelsea and Diesel! I thought they were actually Weasel and Fox :o

Me too :laugh:

Diesel really does get called Weasel most of the time, I put Fox in my sig mostly because it amused me to make them sound like a British pub :o