Mums Girl "tess" Has Pyo :-(

k9angel

A lot of ab's can be given as injections .. some long acting .. ask him again if there's any other way ? :(

maybe you could try a pill popper .. no need to force her mouth open ..or get fingers inside ..

Pill%20Popper%20Dog%20Cat%20Pet%20Tablet%20Giving%20Aid.JPG

If we get a confirmed diagnosis that it is discospondylitis I will ask about other options re, the antibiotics.

And thanks for that link to the pill popper Pers. What a great idea. :thumbsup:

Sadly although the vet still suspects discospondylitis - the 2nd Xray hasn't given us a definate diagnosis :( so full bloods are being done this afternoon. If they come back clear he will commence her on the antibiotics for discospondylitis immediately.

We just want to be 100% certain first, that nothing else is going on so we're not going around in circles.

We should have our answer, at last, in the morning. :crossfingers:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly although the vet still suspects discospondylitis - the 2nd Xray hasn't given us a definate diagnosis :( so full bloods are being done this afternoon. If they come back clear he will commence her on the antibiotics for discospondylitis immediately.

We just want to be 100% certain first, that nothing else is going on so we're not going around in circles.

If they come back clear, I'd be wondering about the need. You'd think there would be an elevated white cell count if infection was present. :confused:

If they come back clear, I'd be wondering about the need. You'd think there would be an elevated white cell count if infection was present. :confused:

Sorry I should of explained better. :o

The bloods that were taken earlier this afternoon are to determine her over all well being, her kidney and liver function etc. If those results come back clear, then they will start her on the antibiotics. The vet is almost certain it is discospondylitis but just wants to make sure there is nothing sinister going on elsewhere.

An update on Tess.

Her bloods came back ok. So apart from her neck, she is fine. :thumbsup:

I went over to the vet this morning and picked her up. I was half expecting for her to be carried out and into the car but as soon as I saw her, I was happily surprised. She came through the door wagging and was so happy to see us. (me and the kids). :)

The vet said she was fine to go on a lead and there was no need to carry her.

We got to the car and I was about to lift her up when she leaped in herself. Before I could grab her, she was over the back seat all over the kids. :eek:

You would not believe it was the same dog I dropped off a few days ago. She is so much better. :thumbsup: her neck is so much better too.

When I dropped her back to Mums, she was straight out the car, went inside to say hello to Mum, then straight out the back to see Bear. She went straight for his dinner bowl to see if he left her any leftovers from brekky. :laugh:

Mum called a short time after I got back home to say she'd had some dinner and had her tablet. :thumbsup: Mum just rolls it up into roast chicken skin.

Anyways I dropped in about an hour ago and I am so pleased with how she is compared to what she was. She wouldn't stop wagging as I gave her a belly rub. Infact she wouldn't stop wagging the whole time I was there. :)

She was bright eyed, and had her 2nd tablet tonight, again no problems. :thumbsup:

Hopefully it continues to be all uphill from here onwards. :crossfingers:

And thanks once again for all your kind words & well wishes along the way. :thanks: