Mums Girl "tess" Has Pyo :-(

k9angel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again everybody for your well wishes and healing vibes. :thanks:

Well she made it through another night. :thumbsup: Her temp is normal this morning but she is panting a little so the vet is concerned the infection may of spread and she may have pneumonia. :(

They are pumping the antibiotics into her and they were about to check her oxygen levels.

I have to call back in half hour to see how they went. :crossfingers:

Glad she made it through the op thinking of her and sending lots of positive thoughts - hope the antibiotics and fluids get her through. My girl was on a drip & antibiotics for 5 days post op. But I was very glad to hear your girl was eating - Evie refused to eat whilst in the hospital but once home walked in the door and started demanding food straight away.

Ta Pers and Mags. :)

Tess's oxygen levels are within normal range. :thumbsup:

I was hoping the same Pers, that the panting was due to the fact she was a little anxious and not anything more sinister. Seems it must be. Hopefully it's a sign that she is picking up.

I will call back this afternoon for another update. :crossfingers:

Edited by k9angel

Tessy should be able to come home tommorow. :cheer::dancingelephant::cheer::dancingelephant::cheer::dancingelephant: I am so happy, can't you tell.

I just spoke with the vet, the usual one is back on. Phil said she has picked up heaps today and up until this morning, could only lay on her side. :( But she sat up on her chest and has even been for a little walk.

I cannot tell you how happy I am. Phil said if she had not of been desexed that night she came in, she would of died for sure. I am soooo grateful to the vet who stayed back and did the operation.

They are taking the drip out in the morning to see how she goes and if all is still good by afternoon she will be able to come home. :thumbsup:

I cannot wait to see her and will update with some pics once she is home.

Many thanks again guys for sharing your stories, and sending healing vibes. They've worked a treat! :thanks:

Edited by k9angel

I've just noticed this thread, K9A. What a nightmare for you all. Tess is indeed a lovely looking girl and I hope she makes a full recovery. Will she be going home to your mum or convalescing with you?

One of my rescue doggies was in hospital for eight days after being diagnosed with pyometra just after I'd brought her home from the pound. She was in a dreadful mess, poor little thing. She was elderly, but not as old as Tess, and had other medical issues.

Keep us posted on Tess's progress.

I've just noticed this thread, K9A. What a nightmare for you all. Tess is indeed a lovely looking girl and I hope she makes a full recovery. Will she be going home to your mum or convalescing with you?

One of my rescue doggies was in hospital for eight days after being diagnosed with pyometra just after I'd brought her home from the pound. She was in a dreadful mess, poor little thing. She was elderly, but not as old as Tess, and had other medical issues.

Keep us posted on Tess's progress.

So glad your girls got a fighting spirit and that you got her treatment in time. :grouphug:

I called the vet this morning for an update. They had taken away the heat pads and were about to remove her drip. Fingers crossed all is well when I call at 4pm because she will be allowed to come home tonight. :)

As much as I would love to have Tess here, she will be going home and recovering at Mums.

Tess is back home. :thumbsup:

I met my brother at the vet this afternoon and we all went in to see her. She was got very excited and cried with joy at seeing some familiar faces. :)

They took her temp before she left and I asked whether they were sure she was ready to come home. The vet seemed to think so. :)

She is still very quiet but she is toileting ok, eating & drinking ok and all her vitals are good.

She is resting on a blanket in Mums bedroom. I have to go down twice a day to keep an eye on her and also give her her meds.

I have to say also that the vet who did the surgery did an absolutely fantastic job. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, thought I would update on Tess. Well it's been 12 days since her op and she is still very quiet. :(

She is eating & drinking ok, toileting ok, but still isn't her self.

Last weekend we took her back to the vet on the Sunday as she vomitted a little bit of water. He took her temp etc and also took some bloods which came back good. :shrug:

He seems to think she drank too much and too fast hence the reason she vomitted some back up.

He did say because she is an older girl that it would take longer for her to recover. It hasn't been quiet 2 weeks since her op, maybe we are expecting too much too soon? I don't know. :confused:

What an awful thing to happen, you just never knwo when it's going to hit a female dog. I'm presuming she's still on antibiotics? If not perhaps she needs another course?

I also think it's such a huge op for an older girl that it might just take a few more days but it's good that she's eating and drinking OK. She shouldn't be walked or anything like that but hopefully the vet gave out a lot of instructions.