Mums Girl "tess" Has Pyo :-(

k9angel

Mums dog 'Tess' is at the vet fighting for her life tonight with pyometra. :cry:

Tess is a cattle/dingo blend and is about 10 years old.

Mum sent a message last night saying she was a little quiet and drinking lots.

This morning she was even more quiet.

I dropped in to check on her and just knew it was pyo. :( I asked Mum when her last season was and she said about 8 weeks ago.

So I rushed home called the vet and asked them if they would be able to do an emergency spey.

Went back to Mums picked Tess up and dropped her off at the vet. She isn't good. :( It was so sad when I picked her up, she was standing there, lead and collar on as if she knew I was coming back for her. :cry:

I am so cranky with Mum. I have been telling her for a long, long time to get her desexed and also at the fact that if I hadn't of taken her to the vet when I did, that she would of just left her there to die. :(

And I am also cranky with myself as I know better and should of just taken her and had her done myself. :cry:

I called the vet at about 6 o'clock to check on her and they said she was still the same. The vet said she was going to try and stay back to get her done tonight. Otherwise they were going to stabilise her overnight and do her first thing in the morning.

Please send all the healing vibes you can as she desperately needs them. :(

Thankyou.

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodluck for the little one - hopefully the vet has her on IV antibiotics and fluids which will help (been there ourselves in Dec with a closed pyo in one of our entire MC girls)and bloods will show she is well enough to do tomorrow. Problem with our girl was her white cell count which went ballistic after her op (which she came through well) so she was in hopital on a drip and antibiotics for a week before being well enough to come home. Fingers crossed all goes well for your girl.

Poor old girl .. Mum's old Koolie had open pyo when she was elderly ..I noticed it one night ..she was operated on next morning ...and recovered well .. Hopefully Tess will be fine tomorrow ..and feeling much more comfortable.

:grouphug:

Ta Pers. I really hope so. I am waiting for them to call when they have finished. I am so so nervous. :(

Here are a couple of recent pics of Tess, taken here at my house a couple of months ago.

She is the sweetest girl. Oh and she also has greyhound in her. I can't remember whether her Dad was the greyhound or her Mum but she was bred to be a pigging dog and didn't cut it so was going to be taken out bush and shot :( when she was a pup. She spent the first year of her life hidden away from the world. :(

6788380131_1174174276.jpg

6788376323_c90e2f0c60.jpg

Edited by k9angel

The vet just rang.

Tess has made it through the surgery. It was indeed pyo and quiet a bad case of it. :(

She came out of the anaesthetic ok and there were no complications and atm she is stable.

Finger crossed now she makes it through the night ok. :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

The vet just rang.Tess has made it through the surgery. It was indeed pyo and quiet a bad case of it. :( She came out of the anaesthetic ok and there were no complications and atm she is stable. Finger crossed now she makes it through the night ok. :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

:) Good news . Better out than in ! Hopefully she has a good night,now.

Edited by persephone

I kept waiting for the phone to ring this morning with bad news...

But Tess is doing fine this morning. She is very stable. :cheer::thumbsup::cheer:

I don't want to get too excited but she has made it through the op and made it through last night, and after seeing her the way she was yesterday, I am so much more hopeful.

Her temp is good now, it was very low when she was admitted yesterday. :(

I couldn't thank the vet enough.

Fingers crossed it is all uphill from here. :crossfingers:

And thankyou again everybody for your well wishes and healing vibes. :thanks:

An update on Tess.

I rang at about 4pm and the vet said she was the same but her temp was sub normal? she said she wasn't overly concerned with that and that we'd just have to wait and see whether her body can recover from this.

I was so worried after she said that. :(

Then I rang again just after 7pm and although her temp is the same, she ATE a tin of ?? (she did say the name of it, but I was too excited to hear that she'd eaten that it went in one ear and out the other :laugh: )

The vet said she didn't expect her to eat at all, but she did and ate it all. :thumbsup:

It's still a matter of wait and see and taking each day as it comes, but I am hopeful that if she can make it through tonight, that she will get to come home again. :crossfingers: