Kcc Park

mirawee

Since we are going over to Melbourne in June I am curious about what KCC park is like. The last time I went the shows I entered were at the Showgrounds.

I am assuming there are grassed outside rings as well as under cover (fully enclosed?) rings. What is the ground like outside and the surface like inside? Is there lots of space ringside to set up? How big are the rings - are they smaller inside or about the same?

Anything we should watch out for or be aware of when we are there?

outside rings are a good size and there is usually plenty of room to set up at an all breeds if its a specialty then there should be a heap of room as they are usually not on at the same time as another event... there are 2 options for outdoor showing the main area out the front or a smaller area to the side which is used less often - both surfaces are great for showing are are mowed regularly etc.. on occasion after too much rain they will move the shows indoors to save the surface and us lol indoors rings are sometimes smaller and room to set up is less but still not bad as we dont have gazebos etc... i get there early and havent had an issue with space... be aware indoors we used to put matts under our stuff but there is a new rule that this isnt allowed but it is rarely followed- all metal crates must have something under them to protect the surface - go figure lol it can be slipperly when wet so pls be careful!!!!

Thanks KG :) Slippery in the actually rings? Or just around the edges?

We are going in June so I am assuming there is a good chance it will be wet :laugh:

ETA:

Thanks Sway :) Do you always have the same groups in the same ring?

Edited by mirawee

Inside is just like Perth except walled in,can get airless.

Outside is also just like Perth except we have better lawn,all in all no real difference except if it pours with rain & the car park gets tad soggy so pack shoes that your either happy to kill or can chuck or pack small gummies if the weather ends up wet

slippery in the ring - only an issue if dogs toilet in the ring as they mop the floor to clean it an then it is mighty slippery so avoid those areas.. other then that its great! in June i would think u will be inside...

rings are alwasy the same for all breeds shows.. if its a specialty then different but they will let u know where to set up in those cases

Edited by kirst_goldens

No one has mentioned to you that there is a food cafe but it costs you an arm & a leg for some things.

Not sure if it will be open as it depends on how many people the clubs expect on the day so I would contact the club

and see what has been arranged.

They do have a help yourself hot water urn.

Toilets are attached to the main building.

Bring gumboots to toilet your dog on the grass as it can get very muddy.

Also pack Panadol as the inside building has abit of echo and you could end up with a headache.

BB

Thanks guys :) I will definitely add gumboots to my packing list :eek:

Beth, I had already decided I wasn't going to wear a skirt to show in Melbourne in June... unless I get some really thick stockings to go underneath :o The last time we showed in Melbourne was July but it was at the Showgrounds :)

Edited by mirawee

No one has mentioned to you that there is a food cafe but it costs you an arm & a leg for some things.

Not sure if it will be open as it depends on how many people the clubs expect on the day so I would contact the club

and see what has been arranged.

They do have a help yourself hot water urn.

Toilets are attached to the main building.

Bring gumboots to toilet your dog on the grass as it can get very muddy.

Also pack Panadol as the inside building has abit of echo and you could end up with a headache.

BB

It's the June long weekend, Blakbelgian, same day as the Spitz show.

Hi Mirawee - we will be inside ;) We're sorting out ring allocation at the moment, but on the same day is the spitz club show (which we are holding our show in conjunction with) and the Cavie show - I think there may be another show but would have to double check that. We will be posting up the schedual shortly (just getting the last lot of paperwork sorted with DogsVic) but I can tell you that its going to be a big weekend :thumbsup: As for the food, yes, it is expensive, although edible ;) - the Club is not allowed to set up a food stall to sell food in competition, but individual and communal lunches are common (and can get rather fancy!) ;)

We will also be having a catered function after the show for all the Lappie exhibitors (again, details to come out shortly) and there are other things planned, so its going to be a mega huge weekend.

So will we be ready to travel home on the Tuesday or still recovering?? :laugh: We will be getting in on Friday evening and have shopping in Melbourne planned for the Saturday (and meeting my second cousin all going well - she is due to arrive the week before us!):D Luckily we have sourced great accommodation at a farmstay that has two fully enclosed back yards so the dogs will be safe while we shop :)

We will probably look at organising our own food to take. It isn't that hard to chuck together a quick cold meats and salad spread for lunch :laugh:

I can't wait to see the programme :) Although it feels weird to be going over and the only dog I am taking is my neuter girl :laugh: I do have 3 others that I am showing though :p

Edited by mirawee

The two of our group who are driving over were looking at doing the Spitz show in SA on the way :) They were also looking at doing the weekend before in SA but I think they have decided it is too expensive to stay in Adelaide for the week :laugh: Only thing they aren't sure about is if there would be people willing to handle if they need extra hands as they have a boy and 2 girls and only one handler...

Remember the bug spray.

I was done there two weeks ago and got attacked by baby flys. They were EVERWHERE. I had to leave as i kept getting hit in the face by them.

Edited: because i just read you are not coming down till June - the fly's will probably be gone during winter.

Edited by AussieDog