How Long Between Seasons ?

mumoftwo

In fairness Mumoftwo, you made the mistake twice. Which confused me too. Firstly when you made your first post you called her a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, when you were picked up on this you claim a typo, fair enough.

But later in a subsequent post you left out Cavalier entirely and referred to the dog as a King Charles Spaniel. This is the post Gretel has quoted, not your original post. Cav (and probably Charlie) people are a bit touchy about this. And every credible breeder is protective of their breed.

I referred to the breed as King Charles not King Charles Spaniel !! I wrote King Charles to abbreviate it !! My god I cannot believe the pettiness of you all !! Let me spell it out for you - I have a female C -A- V-A- L- I- E- R K- I- N- G C- H- A-R- L- E- S !!!

Not a Cav breeder or anything but I think you made another typo as there is the is no breed with just those three words...

Is your breed the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? If so You forgot the spaniel this time.

Also I thought King Charles was more of a shortening of the King Charles Spaniel?? So perhaps you have one of them?? :confused:

I hope your future puppy owners won't be as confused as I am as I still don't know what breed you really have? Perhaps a picture so the experienced King Charles Spaniel and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeders can identify it for you. I mean their standards are quite different so what is a good example for one would be a bad example for another.

If you are all such perfectionists on this forum who never put a foot wrong wouldnt it be more worth your while actually commenting on the original question instead of throwing daggars at me for not typing the breed out correctly or shortening it incorrectly ! You certainly are a very clicky little group who arent out to help at all !!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In fairness Mumoftwo, you made the mistake twice. Which confused me too. Firstly when you made your first post you called her a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, when you were picked up on this you claim a typo, fair enough.

But later in a subsequent post you left out Cavalier entirely and referred to the dog as a King Charles Spaniel. This is the post Gretel has quoted, not your original post. Cav (and probably Charlie) people are a bit touchy about this. And every credible breeder is protective of their breed.

I referred to the breed as King Charles not King Charles Spaniel !! I wrote King Charles to abbreviate it !! My god I cannot believe the pettiness of you all !! Let me spell it out for you - I have a female C -A- V-A- L- I- E- R K- I- N- G C- H- A-R- L- E- S !!!

Not a Cav breeder or anything but I think you made another typo as there is the is no breed with just those three words...

Is your breed the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? If so You forgot the spaniel this time.

Also I thought King Charles was more of a shortening of the King Charles Spaniel?? So perhaps you have one of them?? :confused:

I hope your future puppy owners won't be as confused as I am as I still don't know what breed you really have? Perhaps a picture so the experienced King Charles Spaniel and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breeders can identify it for you. I mean their standards are quite different so what is a good example for one would be a bad example for another.

If you are all such perfectionists on this forum who never put a foot wrong wouldnt it be more worth your while actually commenting on the original question instead of throwing daggars at me for not typing the breed out correctly or shortening it incorrectly ! You certainly are a very clicky little group who arent out to help at all !!!

I am part of no group- hell I don't go anywhere near the toy ring!! But I genuinely DONT know what breed you have :shrug: Thus the suggesting of a photo- since your vet also can't identify your breed then perhaps breeders on here can.

I will remember not to try and help you next time :scared:

I am part of no group- hell I don't go anywhere near the toy ring!! But I genuinely DONT know what breed you have :shrug: Thus the suggesting of a photo- since your vet also can't identify your breed then perhaps breeders on here can.

I will remember not to try and help you next time :scared:

I cant find any of your posts where you have tried to help me anyway! You genuinely dont know what breed I have OMG how pathetic

And you will never guess what the vet wrote on her new vaccination card as the breed - KING CHARLES CAVALIER !!!

and you didn't choose to educate them? I find that sad :(

Yes I did actually Rebanne - I corrected her and she apologized :)

Don't heart and eye certificates only last 12 months?

Yes, that I why I ask if she had a "Current" heart and eye certificate.

Mumoftwo said she had, so that was why she purchased her.

Mumoftwo, sorry didn't mean to get you riled. I assumed you had a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. That is the breed name, that is what you must (painfully) write out in full on every piece of paperwork pertaining to the dog if she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. You may as well get used to it, and get it correct from the get go, if you intend being involved with this breed. I sometimes wish I had got involved in say, Pugs. So much easier to fill out forms and Show Entries. :laugh:

Please don't be upset, I genuinely got confused after you called her a King Charles. Both breeds are Spaniels so it was a given it would be one! They are closely related and have a DNA that is entwined. I'm sure you've read about the History of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (there, having to write it out in full yet again! :laugh: )

I'm sorry to hear your Vet, who is probably a brilliant health carer, doesn't know the correct breed name. But there is alot of confusion regarding the two breeds in the General Public. I think being confused about what you were writing and asking you to clarify is not being particularly "petty" at all.

Sorry that I haven't helped you, I did try.

Edited by LizT

I bought a gorgeous female King Charles Cavalier back in July last year. The previous owner told me she had her last season "some time in June". She has not had a season since. Just wondering if its common for this breed to have longer than the normal 6 month cycle ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Its common in any breed for things to be different for every dog on every season - nothing to worry about she will come in .You could try some Aloe juice as sometimes that moves it along a bit.

Mumoftwo, sorry didn't mean to get you riled. I assumed you had a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. That is the breed name, that is what you must (painfully) write out in full on every piece of paperwork pertaining to the dog if she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. You may as well get used to it, and get it correct from the get go, if you intend being involved with this breed. I sometimes wish I had go involved in say, Pugs. So much easier to fill out forms and Show Entries. :laugh:

Please don't be upset, I genuinely got confused after you called her a King Charles. Both breeds are Spaniels so it was a given it would be one! They are closely related and have a DNA that is entwined. I'm sure you've read about the Histroy of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (there, having to write it out in full yet again! :laugh: )

I'm sorry to hear your Vet, who is probably a brilliant health carer, doesn't know the correct breed name. But there is alot of confusment regarding the two breeds in the General Public. I think being confused about what you were writing and asking you to clarify is not being particulary "petty" at all.

Thankyou LizT I do appreciate your post. I thought Id explained my mistake but obviously didnt make it quite clear enough to some readers. Yes she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, I will remember that until the day I die !! I never quite expected the flaming Im getting ! I didnt realise the were specific shortened names the both the breeds involved. Thanks again for your pleasant reply :)

I bought a gorgeous female King Charles Cavalier back in July last year. The previous owner told me she had her last season "some time in June". She has not had a season since. Just wondering if its common for this breed to have longer than the normal 6 month cycle ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Its common in any breed for things to be different for every dog on every season - nothing to worry about she will come in .You could try some Aloe juice as sometimes that moves it along a bit.

Hi Steve I realise every dog has different time spans between seasons, I guess I was just wanting some reassurance - I think I picked the wrong place to ask though which is a bit sad. Afterall we are all here to ask questions and learn and not be flamed :( What does the Aloe juice actualy do ?

Mumoftwo, sorry didn't mean to get you riled. I assumed you had a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. That is the breed name, that is what you must (painfully) write out in full on every piece of paperwork pertaining to the dog if she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. You may as well get used to it, and get it correct from the get go, if you intend being involved with this breed. I sometimes wish I had go involved in say, Pugs. So much easier to fill out forms and Show Entries. :laugh:

Please don't be upset, I genuinely got confused after you called her a King Charles. Both breeds are Spaniels so it was a given it would be one! They are closely related and have a DNA that is entwined. I'm sure you've read about the Histroy of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (there, having to write it out in full yet again! :laugh: )

I'm sorry to hear your Vet, who is probably a brilliant health carer, doesn't know the correct breed name. But there is alot of confusment regarding the two breeds in the General Public. I think being confused about what you were writing and asking you to clarify is not being particulary "petty" at all.

Thankyou LizT I do appreciate your post. I thought Id explained my mistake but obviously didnt make it quite clear enough to some readers. Yes she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, I will remember that until the day I die !! I never quite expected the flaming Im getting ! I didnt realise the were specific shortened names the both the breeds involved. Thanks again for your pleasant reply :)

No worries and good luck with her. BTW what other breed do you currently have? :)

Yes they do,your point ? Before you start on me - Ive already organized for her to be tested again :)

Before you start on me; it was a question, no more, no less

I guess I was upset because you presumed that I didnt correct the vet when actually I did when she wrote the wrong breed down on the vaccination card.......

I have been a registered breeder of another breed for years and I know what Im doing.

Hi everyone

I have just received my Breeders Prefix (Amorecavs)and I am looking forward to chatting with everyone here on the forum !!

Well, I sure am confused :)

I have been a registered breeder of another breed for years and I know what Im doing.

Hi everyone

I have just received my Breeders Prefix (Amorecavs)and I am looking forward to chatting with everyone here on the forum !!

You can have more than one Prefix Miss B. Sometimes people like them to have a 'connection" to the breed. Amorecavs would be just silly with say a German Shepherd. ;)

You can have more than one Prefix Miss B. Sometimes people like them to have a 'connection" to the breed. Amorecavs would be just silly with say a German Shepherd. ;)

Oh I am fully aware of that, but if you read through mumoftwo's previous posts there is no suggestion whatsoever that she has been "a registered breeder of another breed for years".

Hi everyone

''

Of course you would be - I lived overseas for a long time and bred dogs while over there. Came to Australia and got my breeders prefix here

Oh I am fully aware of that, but if you read through mumoftwo's previous posts there is no suggestion whatsoever that she has been "a registered breeder of another breed for years".

Can you just hunch across a little on that "confused" bench for me please Miss B. :confused: