How Long Between Seasons ?

mumoftwo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can have more than one Prefix Miss B. Sometimes people like them to have a 'connection" to the breed. Amorecavs would be just silly with say a German Shepherd. ;)

Oh I am fully aware of that, but if you read through mumoftwo's previous posts there is no suggestion whatsoever that she has been "a registered breeder of another breed for years".

Can you just hunch across a little on that "confused" bench for me please Miss B. :confused:

Whats so confusing about that LizT

I have been a registered breeder of another breed for years and I know what Im doing.

Hi everyone

I have just received my Breeders Prefix (Amorecavs)and I am looking forward to chatting with everyone here on the forum !!

Well, I sure am confused :)

''

Of course you would be - I lived overseas for a long time and bred dogs while over there. Came to Australia and got my breeders prefix here

Ahh...that explains it. What breed did you have overseas? Are you still involved with that breed here?

Lets have another DOL witch hunt :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for the next person you decide to pick on !

What makes you think I was picking on you and not others posting in this topic?

Sorry Janba I took your comment the wrong way. I suppose I have my back up now because of the flaming that Im getting. You know its really hard to stay strong in my situation - I wasnt going to mention that I suffer from severe depression and a fatigue syndrome similar to Chronic Fatigue. I take every negative thing very personally. I dont want or expect any sympathy but a bit of understanding would be nice.

You can have more than one Prefix Miss B. Sometimes people like them to have a 'connection" to the breed. Amorecavs would be just silly with say a German Shepherd. ;)

Oh I am fully aware of that, but if you read through mumoftwo's previous posts there is no suggestion whatsoever that she has been "a registered breeder of another breed for years".

Can you just hunch across a little on that "confused" bench for me please Miss B. :confused:

Nothing, now that I've joined the dots. ;)

But I would have thought that you would realise, having had entire bitches and having breed them that every dog is an individual and that they all have different body clocks when it comes to reproduction, regardless of breed. They are all the same species, albeit some are more primative than others. Take the Basenji for example that only comes into season once a year and BOTH male and female come into heat.

I have been a registered breeder of another breed for years and I know what Im doing.

Hi everyone

I have just received my Breeders Prefix (Amorecavs)and I am looking forward to chatting with everyone here on the forum !!

''

Of course you would be - I lived overseas for a long time and bred dogs while over there. Came to Australia and got my breeders prefix here

Ahh...that explains it. What breed did you have overseas? Are you still involved with that breed here?

I had American Cocker Spaniels while in the USA, I dont have them anymore but would love to get involved again in the future.

Lets have another DOL witch hunt :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for the next person you decide to pick on !

What makes you think I was picking on you and not others posting in this topic?

Sorry Janba I took your comment the wrong way. I suppose I have my back up now because of the flaming that Im getting. You know its really hard to stay strong in my situation - I wasnt going to mention that I suffer from severe depression and a fatigue syndrome similar to Chronic Fatigue. I take every negative thing very personally. I dont want or expect any sympathy but a bit of understanding would be nice.

Chill Mumoftwo. The written word can often be misinterpreted because it lacks tone. :)

Edited by LizT

Nothing, now that I've joined the dots. ;)

But I would have thought that you would realise, having had entire bitches and having breed them that every dog is an individual and that they all have different body clocks when it comes to reproduction, regardless of breed. They are all the same species, albeit some are more primative than others. Take the Basenji for example that only comes into season once a year and BOTH male and female come into heat.

Wow I didnt realise that about Basenji's. I know nothing about that breed ! Yes I realise now that dogs have different body clocks, Ive just been used to my previous dogs that came in every 6 months on the day !

I bought a gorgeous female King Charles Cavalier back in July last year. The previous owner told me she had her last season "some time in June". She has not had a season since. Just wondering if its common for this breed to have longer than the normal 6 month cycle ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Now back to your original post.

Who did you get her from ?? The breeder or someone else??

Did they sell her because she was not up to scratch??

Is she ANKC registered?

What is the heart health of her ancestor?

Are any siblings able to be viewed??

Are you able to see the parents??.

Is she ANKC registered?

it's already been stated the bitch is on mainr register :)

Hi everyone

''

I had American Cocker Spaniels while in the USA, I dont have them anymore but would love to get involved again in the future.

:love: I love American Cocker Spaniels. All that beautiful coat! That said. the thing I love about the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is the No trimmings and natural coat. :laugh:

Edited by LizT

Hi everyone

''

:love: I love American Cocker Spaniels. All that beautiful coat! That said. the thing I love about the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is the No trimmings and natural coat. :laugh:

Yes they are stunning animals and take a lot of grooming ! But definately worth every minute :) Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are much less work - I really miss the cockers - oops I mean American Cocker Spaniels :)

Hi everyone

''

Yes they are stunning animals and take a lot of grooming ! But definately worth every minute :) Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are much less work - I really miss the cockers - oops I mean American Cocker Spaniels :)

:laugh:

Why all the questions the OP has already answered enough....

I remember once being told by yourself that you bred litters from an unregistered cavalier ...so people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :) ....you also were mating your non ANKC recognized white shepherd.....didn't see anyone flaming you for that and I am sure you couldnt answer most questions on why you were breeding them!??

I bought a gorgeous female King Charles Cavalier back in July last year. The previous owner told me she had her last season "some time in June". She has not had a season since. Just wondering if its common for this breed to have longer than the normal 6 month cycle ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is she ANKC registered?

I remember once being told by yourself that you bred litters from an unregistered cavalier ...so people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :) ....you also were mating your non ANKC recognized white shepherd.....didn't see anyone flaming you for that and I am sure you couldnt answer most questions on why you were breeding them!??

Is she ANKC registered?

wow pockets I guess its a case of "who you know" and not "what you know"........

Edited by mumoftwo

I do hope you stick around :)

I years ago was planning on breeding my unregistered German Shepherds, I was unaware of the ANKC world and had unregistered mentors :laugh: I posted on this forum and copped quite an amount of flack....short story I took the advice....

I sort a reputable registered breeder, brought pedigree dogs, have been involved in showing for the last 4.5 years and guided under my mentor have just successfully bred my first litter (current 6weeks old) ....

So as much as sometimes the criticism seems harsh, there are some very very knowledgable people on here :thumbsup:

Is she ANKC registered?

Yes Pockets you are right 14 years ago I accidently bred ONE litter from an unregistered dog.

When I realized I had missed the cutoff point for registering her I felt sick to the stomach.So these were sold as unregistered pets. eek1.gif

I never made the mistake of delaying registering pups again.

As to breeding my non ANKC dog no problems there.Due to the stupidity of your breeds controlling body white is considered a disqualifying fault.Thus these dogs were put to sleep at birth, totally healthy mind you, just the wrong colour.

The ANKC refused to recognize the Australian bred dogs so they are a non event as far as the ANKC is concerned so I am breaking no rules by breeding my White German Shepherd.

Apart from asking if the dog was ANKC registered none of the other questions have been discussed.

Pockets you may not be aware but MVD is the major concern in Cavs and if this "seller" has moved on an unsound dog its an idea that the OP should think about.

The OP has had Yanks and I do not know of problems in that breed so the OP may not have asked or even thought to ask the right questions.

Please don't go on about the stupidity of the German Shepherd Dog Club, Fact is your a registered ANKC breeder, that was also planning to breed an unregistered, non ANKC recognized breed? is there not regulations around this?

So can I ask you why you planned to breed your white shepherd? What qualities does she have, what are her faults and why you chose the sire you did? I am genuinely interested :)

Please don't go on about the stupidity of the German Shepherd Dog Club, Fact is your a registered ANKC breeder, that was also planning to breed an unregistered, non ANKC recognized breed? is there not regulations around this?

So can I ask you why you planned to breed your white shepherd? What qualities does she have, what are her faults and why you chose the sire you did? I am genuinely interested :)

No there are no regulations.

But I do belong to the breed Club.

And I have no intention of discussing my dog in this thread.