Do You Refer To Yourself As Your Dog's Mum/dad?

RubyStar

Do you refer to yourself as your dog's mum/dad?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Do you refer to yourself as your dog's mum/dad and/or they are your kids?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't really thought about it either way

A conversation with a fellow DOLer got me curious. Do you refer to yourself as your pets mum or dad and that they are your kids/furkids?

No condescending posts please for either argument. I am sure we are all aware that it is probably considered anthropomorphising if we do it, so we don't need to be berated for doing so, thanks. This is a lighthearted poll :)

So quite clearly yes, I fall in the camp of I refer to my dog's as my kids and I am their mum. I am childless, prefer my dogs to having children (for the time being), so I feel comfortable referring to them as my kids :) And a day doesn't go by that I don't ask my kids if they love their mum! :D

Over to you!

Edited by RubyStar

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope - I don't see them as replacement children/my kids. I do tease my Dad though and call him their Grampa. He actually gave them $20 each last Christmas too!

This reminded me - I admit I do call my mum their 'Gran' purely because my Dad said it to her once and the look on her face was priceless :rofl: (She has no grandkids yet)

For a while I tried to resist referring to other owners as a dog's 'mum' or 'dad' , but then i found myself using the phrase 'fido's female/male owner' which is just way too cumbersome so I gave up.

My parents always ask me to pat the "fuzzy grandkids" for them :D

Well as my user name states I am Baileys Mum (Aswell as Jasper, Jessie & Brandy's mum too ):laugh: So yes I do see myself as my dogs mum & my Hubby is there dad. :)

The dogs know us as mummy & daddy....When my hubby gets home in the afternoon I will say "Daddy's home "!! & they all run to the front door & get so excited.

Might have something to do about us having no human kids, but I love referring to myself as their mum. :o

My mum thinks I'm mad, & trys to make fun of me by saying that I am not Jaspers mum, but his Granny as he is the puppy we kept from our first litter,... & if Bailey & Brandy are my kids, then Jasper should be my Grandchild. :laugh:

I then say to her that Jasper must be her Great Grandchild then. :D :laugh:

Edited by Baileys mum