Litter Due In April 2012

Bilbo Baggins

Tapau my boy would do that too but that isn't much help when he isn't the one that is pregnant. The girl who is is my best obedience dog who has had a run of visits to the vet over the last 6-12 months and seems to be getting worse with each one. She was very uncooperative last week when my vet (who treats dogs outside tried to palpate to see if she was pregnant), so I can't even blame the inside effect. Maybe I need to bring the clicker out and start training dead dog - I have 3 weeks to perfect it laugh.gif

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats just incase she get a bit hungry and needs a midnight snack :D

Last night Rommi was eating her tea all of a sudden let out a loud bark and was looking around. Now for many that would be so what BUT.......Rommi is 4 has NEVER barked unless playing and has never barked inside and normally when eating she wouldn't have the time to bark.........curious!!!!

It made us all jump as it was rather loud and unexpected

Congrats Mystiq!

My girl is hoarding food! lol! So funny, I couldnt work out why she was so protective of the wee kennel on the deck, dug around and there were her 'rations' lol!!

Thanks Missymoo.

It was certainly an interesting mating this time around. I was concerned she would not take. We drove to Sydney for the dog. Prog tested her here on Friday and was 5.1. Did it again on Sunday and she was 4.55. Got a really good mating on Tuesday (20 minutes). The dog was only half interested. Nothing then. Prog tested again on Thursday and she spiked at 22. They were still not interested. I needed to get back to Brisbane so we did an AI to cover her according to the science.

So it is certainly reassuring it has taken and with 7 confirmed. (with maybe one or two under the ribs)

Congrats to all those expecting.We are at the 6 week mark and Miley is now looking pregnant.Miley is the complete opposite with her eating. She hardly eats at all :( I worry that she is not eating enough. Her pregnancy is a result of one AI done with a prog level of 18. We have taken all precautions and she was swabbed and given a course of Antibiotics before the AI. She will eat but won't touch her dry and will only eat cooked bbq chicken and raw chicken necks. I would love some suggestions to make sure she is well nourished. Cheers Sharon

Thankyou everyone for the great ideas. We will give them all a go :thumbsup: Miley had roast lamb for breakfast and ate the lot so I am very pleased. With her last litter we had four puppies in total by two puppies were stillborn, both these were half the size of the live puppies.We are hoping for a better result this time as Miss Miley has lovely babies. I am showing her son at the moment.When we ultrasound her we also had her Prog tested and it came back as stable. Cheers Sharon

LOL!! Always the foul smelling, icky looking stuff they love..lol I like it cause they cant pick it out and NOT eat the good stuff.

My bitch is now BURYing the food she cant fit..or she will vomit it up and bury it..never had this before...shes rather big...Hope to get an xray late next week..