I Just Wanted To Say------

Guest muttrus

Guest muttrus

I just wanted to share my personal view

JO Lyons your photos are outstanding and I truly believe they make a HUGE difference towards an animal getting noticed ,standing out ,looking good and taking away the stigma sometimes associated with pounds/shelters .

I believe people look at the photo and for whatever reasons feel a connection therefore either investigating futher about the dog/cat in question and hopefully leading towards adoption.Your photos give a voice that can be heard through the lens.

Guest muttrus

Now I want to see an example

PLEASE

This is Marvan, he's in terrible condition but this is the photo by Jo Lyons that made me fall in love with him :)

marvan-jolyons.jpg

In all honesty had I first seen this photo and been looking for this type of dog I would have firstly put my hand over the back of the photo called hubby and said quick ohhhhhhh look at his face .Then I would have removed my hand and stated that the rest could be fixed.And you know what it was still the face with the look of happiness in amongest a sad situation yet even with that jo managed to capture a smiling happy dog .Thats whats makes HER so great and why these animals have such hope.

Guest muttrus

Thank you. I understand what you are talking about.

Fantastic pics

See if you can see it then others can too and its what all these dogs and cats are praying for -------

Jo Lyons is a credit to rescue. Every week she spends a good 4-5 hours at the pound during her weekend. After taking the photos she spends all evening going through the good shots and uploading them on FB for people to see and use. Her photos are outstanding and have made such a difference to the pound dogs, especially for the pound where she takes the photos.

On top of that she is just a damn nice person too. :)

I love the way that Jo captures the animals. I am sure that my foster dogs have found forever homes due to the awesome photos that Jo has taken of them. Her love of the animals shows in her photos. It is like you can see their soul. The gift that Jo has is her gift to the many animals on death row. We love you Jo. xx

Wow! Thank you everyone for your kind comments and for Muttrus for initiating this thread. I'm Jo Lyons, and I've been busy tonight processing all my photos from today's visit to Renbury. As I mentioned to a friend on FB tonight, I get lost in what I'm doing when I'm there and nothing else matters when I'm spending time with each dog or cat. Not many of my photos make it to the DOL thread for Renbury so I was surprised to find out this thread was here! Thanks again everyone grouphug.gif

Wow! Thank you everyone for your kind comments and for Muttrus for initiating this thread. I'm Jo Lyons, and I've been busy tonight processing all my photos from today's visit to Renbury.

Good on you, Jo. :thumbsup: Only recently, from way up here in Q'ld, I've been remarking on the truly lovely photos being taken of pound dogs in NSW....& that included Renbury, which I now know is your work.

I've also noticed the same thing with Wyong pound.

Other posters are right. Every bit of evidence shows that photos which show pound & shelter dogs at their best, help enormously in their getting new homes.

Wow! Thank you everyone for your kind comments and for Muttrus for initiating this thread. I'm Jo Lyons, and I've been busy tonight processing all my photos from today's visit to Renbury. As I mentioned to a friend on FB tonight, I get lost in what I'm doing when I'm there and nothing else matters when I'm spending time with each dog or cat. Not many of my photos make it to the DOL thread for Renbury so I was surprised to find out this thread was here! Thanks again everyone grouphug.gif

Aww that's so sweet. The dogs are very lucky to have you!

I also love your pics. They're gorgeous. Thankyou for the work you do for these needy souls. :thanks: