Lost German Shepherd Canberra Now Found Hoorah

Pat Smith

Thank you All, Hera has now been found and is home with Peta and her family, a bit less hungry than this morning and I would say a very thankful little girl.

Don't know whether this is the right place to put this but I don't particularly care, so long as it gets seen.

A young, 13 months old black and red gold German Shepherd bitch has gone missing from Narrabundah / Griffith area in the ACT, today, the 15th of February. This little girl has no idea where she is, as she was placed in a new home from Queanbeyan only yesterday. For obvious reasons she will be terrified, she will be thinking her mum and dad have deserted her but being a devoted canine, she will attempt (I assume) to find her way back home.

If you see this little girl called "Hera" please do not try to catch her but phone Peta, of Hill Magic German Shepherds, on 0418 404 214. A reward has been offered for her.

All help would be greatly appreciated! Photos taken 3 months ago, so a little more mature now but out of coat.

Hera1.jpg

Hera2.jpg

Edited by Pat Smith

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know whether this is the right place to put this but I don't particularly care, so long as it gets seen.

A young, 13 months old black and red gold German Shepherd bitch has gone missing from Narrabundah / Griffith area in the ACT, today, the 15th of February. This little girl has no idea where she is, as she was placed in a new home from Queanbeyan only yesterday. For obvious reasons she will be terrified, she will be thinking her mum and dad have deserted her but being a devoted canine, she will attempt (I assume) to find her way back home.

If you see this little girl called "Hera" please do not try to catch her but phone Peta, of Hill Magic German Shepherds, on 0418 404 214. A reward has been offered for her.

All help would be greatly appreciated! Photos taken 3 months ago, so a little more mature now but out of coat.

Hera1.jpg

Hera2.jpg

Hi Pat

I hope you find the little girl unharmed soon

Thanks, I'm hoping for a bit of help from the man upstairs. There are all those main arterial Canberra roads between Narrabundah and Queanbeyan, a big ask to come out unscathed. It's pretty rough for me and I only know her a little bit, so imagine what Peta is going through. Hera was on probation for 2 weeks to these people to see if she would settle in and they lost her for heaven's sake after only one day. Some people shouldn't own dogs!

She's a Turbo baby and looks like him in colour, head and expression; Peta bred her and she was 9th at the last National, a very pretty little bitch about 58 - 59 cms in height.

If you put up a FB link I'll add it to mine. Networking helps a lot.

Good luck - I hope she is found safe and sound.

Erny, I'll be honest with you, I have not the slightest idea how to do that, though I am a member of FB, could you tell me how please. I believe Peta's husband John was going to put up a Lost and Found on some Facebook related site.

Both TAMS and RSPCA maintain internet databases of lost dogs, worth getting her details on both if you haven't already.

Also I'd contact all the vets in the area including the emergency vet in Fyshwick.

Edited to add - might be worth editing the thread title to add "Canberra". I know I don't check all the lost dogs posts on here because they are seldom local, but if I see it's in the region I pay attention.

Edited by Diva

Oh no, how scary! I live in Canberra and work in Queanbeyan/jerrabomberra (dog washing) so will keep an eye out and ask around and definitely call if I spot her :(

Thankyou Saxonpup, that would be great, is it possible for you to let any other dog wash people know too?

Put piles of Lost posters around the general area she went missing in. With a line saying 'Information welcome....'. As someone may have just seen a dog like this suddenly turn up in a neighbour's yard....or spotted it hanging around a park.

Specially ask places where lots of people go, to put up a poster.....garages, local shops, library. Even some schools will agree to put one on their noticeboard (kids have a sharp eye for dogs around the place....& they walk & play in local places). Also posties will sometimes accept a notice.

All that on top of the usual checking with pound, notifying vets in the area....

Hera is very beautiful. I hope she's found safely.

I actually followed her down Walker Crescent, through to La Perouse Street, and then lost her on Bremer Street - she was actually headed west, towards Manuka.

This was yesterday at 12.30/40, I spotted her in my front garden and grabbed a lead to try and catch her - she moves so fast that I was always half a block behind her.

I tried just to keep her in sight, but she was clearly intent on moving rather than sight-seeing - if it helps reassure you she was moving through well away from the roads, keeping on the footpath or in the front yards - although I think she did cross Bremer Street to go through the walkway to Well's Garden.

I would say she went through to the Brumbie's as there was a man with two Staffords I met on Bremer Street coming from Captain Cook Crescent, and he hadn't seen her.

Good luck, I will keep my eyes peeled.