Lost German Shepherd Canberra Now Found Hoorah

Pat Smith

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually followed her down Walker Crescent, through to La Perouse Street, and then lost her on Bremer Street - she was actually headed west, towards Manuka.

This was yesterday at 12.30/40, I spotted her in my front garden and grabbed a lead to try and catch her - she moves so fast that I was always half a block behind her.

I tried just to keep her in sight, but she was clearly intent on moving rather than sight-seeing - if it helps reassure you she was moving through well away from the roads, keeping on the footpath or in the front yards - although I think she did cross Bremer Street to go through the walkway to Well's Garden.

I would say she went through to the Brumbie's as there was a man with two Staffords I met on Bremer Street coming from Captain Cook Crescent, and he hadn't seen her.

Good luck, I will keep my eyes peeled.

Dog Geek, if you have an hour or so to spare, is there any chance of you going back to the nearest park, in the direction she was heading when you last saw her and play with your dog/s for a while? Just thinking she may have gone to ground there, hiding in the bushes and maybe, just maybe if she is, she will be ready to venture out at something normal to her.

Incidentally, the dog which was seen along Lady Denman drive could have been a male Shepherd which turned up in Kambah Village and has been claimed by his owners, (lucky dog, lucky owners).

Edited by Pat Smith

before some of you judge about the new owners loosing the dog... you have a new dog in a new home in an area that atm is having major thunder storms every day...,

hence this would add to the dog feeling on edge and wanting to be in more normal surroundings.

This bitch is NOT afraid of storms, she actually revels in them, the woman left her on her own in the front yard, went inside and left her to her own devices. If that's not a silly thing to do when you have just taken home a teenage puppy and only have low front fencing, I don't know what is.

As I said, some people don't deserve to own dogs!

Then surely this is an issue for the person who adopted the dog to the new owner?

Yes she has thank God and thank you to all the people who gave assistance, those who gave their prayers and those of you who cared! She was found in West Dog Park (I have no idea where that is; Bree, Peta's daughter in Law followed a hunch and went down there calling and asking around, no one had seen her! Eventually Bree drove off and hadn't gone very far before she received a phone call saying that Hera had come out of hiding, Bree turned her vehicle around, went back and Hera went running up to her.

Hera was thin, very hungry and footsore as you can well imagine but is now at home with her family and that is where she will stay.

To those of you who knocked and complained regarding what I wrote as to certain people should not own dogs, you know nothing regarding the circumstances surrounding what happened. When responsible breeders place older dogs or puppies, they interview the people intensively, unfortunately we can only go by what they tell us and what we see, we are not mind readers, we can only believe what we are told! This little girl went on 2 weeks probation but now she will be staying with her breeder Peta and going nowhere.

Edited to say, I couldn't get on here earlier as we had massive thunderstorms, I apologise for the delay in letting you all know and once again I thank you for your concern.

Edited by Pat Smith

To those of you who knocked and complained regarding what I wrote as to certain people should not own dogs, you know nothing regarding the circumstances surrounding what happened. When responsible breeders place older dogs or puppies, they interview the people intensively, unfortunately we can only go by what they tell us and what we see, we are not mind readers, we can only believe what we are told! This little girl went on 2 weeks probation but now she will be staying with her breeder Peta and going nowhere.

I'm so glad Hera's been found. Lucky girl to have a breeder like Peta, who went all out to find her.....& will now keep her safe.

I agree with you that 'knocking' doesn't help, when there's no knowledge about circumstances.

And well done, Hera, you found the relative safety of a park!