Paralysed Pitty Pup Rescued From Plastic Bag

Guest Willow

What a couragous little girl, Go Harper :thumbsup:

Where's the tissues. So very sad to think anyone could just throw something so precious in a plastic bag. That is just totally beyond me. :(

She is going so well now with all her very dedicated team behind her. I have never heard of this aweful Swimmers syndrome.

Such a heart warming story. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by BC Crazy

What a stunning little pup... and the willpower to be "normal" with some help from her human friends...

Rescue can be so rewarding when you win one like that.

As someone who adopted a disabled (mobility challenged) puppy, I can attest to their sheer determination to be just like all the other dogs and to enjoy life to the fullest.

T.

Swimmers aren't "paralised". No pup should be thrown in the bin, if it was unwanted or believed to be not worth raising due to a genetic condition, illness or injury then it should have been PTS.

With a little bit of work on the part of the breeder, swimmer puppies can be raised, if the breeder wants to and that's entirely a breeder decision

I don't buy into the bull crap, OTT stories such as this one and it's certainly no miracle.

Swimmers aren't "paralised". No pup should be thrown in the bin, if it was unwanted or believed to be not worth raising due to a genetic condition, illness or injury then it should have been PTS.

With a little bit of work on the part of the breeder, swimmer puppies can be raised, if the breeder wants to and that's entirely a breeder decision

I don't buy into the bull crap, OTT stories such as this one and it's certainly no miracle.

I don't really believe in miracles either, but come on... she was about to be thrown in the bin. She is very lucky to be alive and I am sure not a lot of people would be willing to put the time and effort that these people have in getting her back on her feet. It is a feel good story... it is suppose to make you happy and joyful that there are actually nice people in this horrible world.

There is a pinned topic started by Bilbo Baggins on swimmer pups in the Breeders Community forum. I found it interesting as I had never heard of the problem before.

Here it is--> http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/157516-swimmer-pups/

I am going to read about that, thanks for the heads up on where to find it. Such a strange & debilitating thing. Aweful really.