Good Snake Weather

Aww hope she keeps improving...we have seen a few snakes this year and I ran over one on our road the other day...a brown, and I dont like running over them but it blended in with the bitumen...I am paranoid that they will get wound up under the car :eek: Pug hugs for Murphy. ♥♥

Hi guys,

Sorry to keep you in suspense - on top of everything else we have had computer spam problems.

Murphy is home and doing well, showing no signs of muscle soreness, in fact she is mightily annoyed that she is being kept quiet! She will not be trialling this weekend, but will be back in training by next week.

Our lawns are now immaculate. Keith has don our entire 1 acre house paddock with the push mower! But the grass is growing in front of our eyes.

Cheers,

post-31739-0-82488400-1331085724_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

A reminder regarding snakes guys. We had our first early this morning in the house yard :( I had checked the yard and let the dogs out, called them back to me and Peaches had a brown just over 1 metre or so long.

Peaches is fine, though I am keeping an eye on her, the snake is dead. Normally we have RBB here though it is so dry I am not suprised to see a brown. Frightening for me though as I have a serious snake phobia and browns are a real worry.

I am so glad Murphy is ok, she is simply gorgeous!

Please take care guys.

Bloody snakes could go into the sheds if they need to, the laundry, or down to the dam or just stay out of the way. Snakes have over three untouched acres here and move through neighbouring properties though they somehow decide to come into the house yard?

We have no other water source available aside from our dam (which we can do nothing about) and the dam is a long way from the house yard.

We have a clean and tidy yard, our padocks and lawns are short. We have spent great time clearing the paddocks surrounding the house and burning off.

I don't get it?

Ugh! :( I have just about stopped letting my pack run in the paddocks now, I figured it wouldn't be long before started seeing damned snakes out and about.

Glad Peaches is OK Nic, that would have given you a major fright!

S

You know my snake phobia Shaz :( We have only ever had one brown before, that was a few years ago now when it was hot and dry.

Sadly it looks as though it is going to be a nasty summer for fires and snakes in the Hawkesbury as it is so dry and already warm.

xx

And you know my feelings on them too Nic. ;)

We have just finished digging up and picking up a heap of rocks in the top paddock. Not sure if it will help or not with the snakes, but it's nicer for the horses anyway. Now, what to do with a great pile of mossy rocks, do you want some? LOL. FTGH.

There have already been fires in our area. My other great fear, not being able to get to my animals to move them to safety. The area around here is starting to dry off really quickly and the fuel load is high due to the really good seasons we have been having.

Summer is allround stress season!

S x

Have seen 5 around about the place in the last week. 4 tigers and 1 dugite

:( Take special care OSO.

YeP I am, never step where I haven't looked, and scan all the time. It does get exhausting watching out for dogs and kids all summer. It is also the reason my newly built kennels has an exterior fence of snake mesh!!!!!

Oh! Free mossy rocks!! lol

I think it is going to be a nasty summer for fires and snakes Shaz :( Sammy and Mumbles are fantastic to float, they love the float funny boys. Fire comes through so quickly though :(

OSO I can relate, the kids are not allowed outside without boots on, I am sure I am giving them my own snake phobia. Fingers crossed we all get through it this summer.

Sheilaheel.... they are out in Bungendore! OH spotted a tiger while walking yesterday arvo, & Ringer red dog presented us with a baby snake today. Strange, because he normally tries to avoid them but will give warning barks. At any rate, he didn't like the taste because he soon spat it out :eek: