Do You Need To Be So Precious? Doggie

voloclydes

so sophie do you really need to be so precious and such a girly girl?

when we went away a christmas sophie one morning was limping badly when we let the dogs out the crate, the night before they had been hooning in the dark.... so i thought the worst as she refused to put the whole leg down that it had to be serrious...

turned out to be a claw blow out... she was holding it up and out....

fast forward to this morning she come in same pose... refusing to even place it on the floor... ;) ;)

i did however give her the stern talking to that if she were a bc then she would still have to chase sheep all day and personally wouldn't give a bugger....

but opting for bed rest is really pushing it. :rofl: :rofl:

so sophie do you really need to be so precious and such a girly girl?

when we went away a christmas sophie one morning was limping badly when we let the dogs out the crate, the night before they had been hooning in the dark.... so i thought the worst as she refused to put the whole leg down that it had to be serrious...

turned out to be a claw blow out... she was holding it up and out....

fast forward to this morning she come in same pose... refusing to even place it on the floor... ;) ;)

i did however give her the stern talking to that if she were a bc then she would still have to chase sheep all day and personally wouldn't give a bugger....

but opting for bed rest is really pushing it. :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

A few years ago we had an Elkhound who jumped out of my nan's laundry window (thinking he had been forgotten) while we packed the car. He hurt his front right leg badly and took a few weeks to heal. Years later you could ask him how his leg was and you could see him thinking, "now which one was it?" and he would start limping. Sometimes he got the wrong leg and you would say that's not the sore leg and he would limp on the other leg. This went on for ages

Absolute classic this morning I was doing a weight session.. the room is predominantly glass... the dogs are not allowed in but can see us from outside... Gus is looking at me with the longest face and curled up in the smallest ball as to say "Look at me im so cold how could you not let me in!!"

A few years ago we had an Elkhound who jumped out of my nan's laundry window (thinking he had been forgotten) while we packed the car. He hurt his front right leg badly and took a few weeks to heal. Years later you could ask him how his leg was and you could see him thinking, "now which one was it?" and he would start limping. Sometimes he got the wrong leg and you would say that's not the sore leg and he would limp on the other leg. This went on for ages

:laugh: I had a Peke who had my Mum rush her off to the vet yelping like mad, only to be told by the Vet she had possibly hit her funny bone, elbow and because Mum made such a fuss she continued to play on it. Ming would do the same thing when we would say "Awwww how is your poor sore leg and she would lay down and look soooooo sad..."

Another great actress. ;)

yeah kadbury you been talking to her?

she is now wanting a lift onto the couch. :rolleyes: :shrug: um no sophie you can jump better than a mexican jumping bean or that couch slug we call leo and he does not get lifted (well any more).

That's like Cleo yesterday, we went for a walk, and JUST as we reach home, she starts limping, no yelp, not indication of a problem, just a limp. We thought it was pretty serious, holding her whole leg up, but after manipulation of the whole leg, checking her whole body over, and in between her paw pads I was satisfied that nothing too bad was up, and if it was still there in the morning, we would visit the vet.

Gave her a rawhide on our bed and by the time she was done, she was "magically" recovered, not even a HINT of injury.

She's completely back to normal but yes, a great actress.

yupper i know the whole leg up..

it was funny to see mr clydes face when i said "we are injured...limp sophie" he was all "oh poor widdle hunny but its not serrious you can get outside till after dinner" i think her face was pricless....

i think she though the whole leg up entitled her to "watch" us eat dinner.... no happening. :rofl:

My boy is a super duper WUSS! He literally screams for vaccinations, cries when he gets snapped at and puts on the whole "OMG YOU'VE CRIPPLED ME FOR LIFE!" act if you accidently step on him! ( he also does this when he plays rough at the park and another dog squishes/tackles him. Its FINE when he squishes/tackles them though) ..... sigh. Definately a DRAMA QUEEN......

I had a Dobermann bitch who was a bit of a princess...she once pulled up really lame and I was so concerned I took her to work (vet nurse) and all indications on exam suggested a possible broken toe...x rays followed and showed the most perfect healthy foot you could hope to see. The diff diagnosis was bruising? It settled in a few days. She finally managed to get back on all fours. Then one day as I watched she she accidently, whilst eating stood on a piece of dry food, yep you guessed it 48 hrs of limping. Thankfully she grew out of this.

My oldest girl does this when my mum & dad come to visit - walks towards mum with a limp & of course mum says "Oh poor Brandi, have you got a sore leg?" Brandi stands there waving her paw around lapping up the sympathy :laugh: She is a very good actress - drops the head & shoulders etc :laugh:

I had a Dobermann bitch who was a bit of a princess...she once pulled up really lame and I was so concerned I took her to work (vet nurse) and all indications on exam suggested a possible broken toe...x rays followed and showed the most perfect healthy foot you could hope to see. The diff diagnosis was bruising? It settled in a few days. She finally managed to get back on all fours. Then one day as I watched she she accidently, whilst eating stood on a piece of dry food, yep you guessed it 48 hrs of limping. Thankfully she grew out of this.

:rofl: Oh gosh, lucky you saw what happened this time!

Sounds like Pia! We were in the backyard once, the dogs were all running around being silly when suddenly Pia starts SCREAMING and hopping on 3 legs. I panicked and thought for sure she had broken her leg. Checked her out and found a bit of tan bark between her toes...