Doggy Paradise In Sa?

cornell

With the cold weather approaching (which is the best time for doggy holidays) it is time to seek out some new holiday spots. I have sifted through so many websites many times over but this year unfortunately we are facing a few challenges with our older girl needing non slip surfaces which is why we really need your help. Lots of places have floor boards or tiles and are two storey.

Here is our wish list:

Dogs are welcome inside.

Somewhere fully fenced for my furry kids to RUN without us bothering anyone or any dogs bothering us. A place with acreage would be awesome but it would also need a fence around the house for those brief night time trips to the loo.

No stairs (ie single storey or access to outside without lots of steps)

Fully carpeted or some form of non slip surface - or a place small enough that we could put our non slip mats down.)

Somewhere green with large windows ie a pleasant place to be.

It could be fancy or even just an old shack.

Less than 2 hours from Adelaide.

Feel free to PM if you prefer and I'll tell you our doggy paradise :D

Advice regarding good private walks would also be greatly appreciated.

THANKS in advance!!

Thanks Ness. I''d be quite worried about Tia slipping at the Delamere property.

We really enjoyed our stay at Hill Top (great owners) but the garden was not private. I was worried about Tia running up to other guests.

I know some people who have stayed at Rainbow Farm with their dogs and loved it. I haven't been there myself but would love to go a bit later in the year.

I went to Rainbow farm last year it was lovely but they had a problem with the neighbours dogs jumping over the fence and coming into the propertys garden. This was a real downer for me as it meant i couldnt let my dog out into the garden by himself and i was always wary. It would be worth checking to see if this problem was fixed before booking.

I have stayed at Bailey beach house in Goolwa a few times its a great place, not far from the beach, the dogs are allowed inside and it has 2 seperate fenced off gardens but it does have an upstairs.

THANKS for trying to help us out :D!! We really do appreciate it!!! :D

Yes most places do not have carpet due to cleaning issues but ... I know that some do.

I don't mean to sound difficult but it took Tia two weeks to recover from her last innocent fall. We have now added non slip matting all over our house so a small holiday property where we could bring our mats or a carpeted place is really very important to us.

We stayed at one fantastic property with great views but we did not realise it was two storey. We spent our whole time down stairs in the smaller room which reminded us of the 'servants quarters' downstairs. LOL! At least they had a bed down there. Leaving our dogs downstairs is not an option - they really are a part of our family.

We LOVED Rainbow Farm - except for the dogs at the property next door and they have floor boards now which would be difficult to cover.

Wuthering Heights was also awesome but the chasing the rabbits in the middle of the night was just too tempting for my girl. We really need a fence surrounding the house just like Rainbow Farm did. The long car journey was also tricky.

Burdett's is one place that we have not been to but it does look fabulous. Is the garden private? Do they have a fence around the house?

Is there anywhere else stress free that we could take them even just for the afternoon where they could run or play without being bothered by others? We recently went Thompson Beach which was fun.

Thanks again guys. We really do love our holidays and just want the best for our furkids.

Bailey's also have a holiday house at Normanville, which is lovely and has a fully fenced backyard. There are steps going up to the front door (from memory), but not in the house as it's only single storey (and a ramp going down into the huge backyard).

Floorboards in the lounge, but you could always put down something non-slip yourselves.

Maybe worth a checkout? :)

Thanks but unfortunately the amount of floor boards I would have to cover is too big and I wonder if there is a big back yard. I wouldn't have any room to put my bags in the car because the matting would take up the whole boot:P Hence my dilemma.

You are so thoughtful - Thank you!!

We have looked into this option. Unfortunately we also have another young golden who loves to carry things in his mouth and I'm afraid that he would swallow or even eat small socks or tiny shoes:( We wear extra large mountain socks around here :p he he

We have also tried the paw wax only to find it really icky and it would wipe off as soon as she stepped on the carpet. We also bought tread stickers for paws but then it came with a big warning not to be swallowed. :eek:

Hi again,

OK if you are prepared to spend the money, I think if you bring some mats ( think there are mats already on the floor but I cant quite remember) then Burdetts would be perfect. It's 35 minutes from my place (inner south-eastern suburbs), fenced yards which are very private with wonderful views, Meg and Andrew are the most fantastic hosts - and they are dog nuts themselves - so understand doggie requirements. The provisions they supply are so generous that you barely need anything else.

The only down side is you have to book well ahead - they're very popular! So although not cheap, for the quality of the accomodation, the beautiful setting and generous provisions I actually think its great value for money.

Hope that helps. Have fun. :)

THANKS for trying to help us out :D!! We really do appreciate it!!! :D

Yes most places do not have carpet due to cleaning issues but ... I know that some do.

I don't mean to sound difficult but it took Tia two weeks to recover from her last innocent fall. We have now added non slip matting all over our house so a small holiday property where we could bring our mats or a carpeted place is really very important to us.

We stayed at one fantastic property with great views but we did not realise it was two storey. We spent our whole time down stairs in the smaller room which reminded us of the 'servants quarters' downstairs. LOL! At least they had a bed down there. Leaving our dogs downstairs is not an option - they really are a part of our family.

We LOVED Rainbow Farm - except for the dogs at the property next door and they have floor boards now which would be difficult to cover.

Wuthering Heights was also awesome but the chasing the rabbits in the middle of the night was just too tempting for my girl. We really need a fence surrounding the house just like Rainbow Farm did. The long car journey was also tricky.

Burdett's is one place that we have not been to but it does look fabulous. Is the garden private? Do they have a fence around the house?

Is there anywhere else stress free that we could take them even just for the afternoon where they could run or play without being bothered by others? We recently went Thompson Beach which was fun.

Thanks again guys. We really do love our holidays and just want the best for our furkids.

As long as you are sure that we won't bother anyone. It definitely looks as though it is right up our alley :love: and not too big for us to bring our own mats. THANKS I'll look into it !!! :thumbsup:

I think you'd find its fine - and if you ring Meg I'm sure she will be happy to help you out. Have fun. Book early and will be very interested to hear what you think. :)

I stayed at the Goolwa one last week :D

The Goolwa house has stairs to the bedrooms and it has tiles downstairs in the living areas.... The Normanville is one level so no stairs but I haven't stayed at the Normanville house so I am not sure what that one is like.

Stairs are out for us:(

Normanville was on my shortlist until I realised that I would need too many mats.

Of course the last time Tia fell it was the one square inch (OK metre) that we did not cover. Sigh.

Thanks for your thoughts though :)