Question About Dog Washes

flame ryder

I often take my two bigger dogs to the dog wash in town...you know the type that are in with the car washes. The cycle goes - shampoo, rinse, conditioner, rinse, flea wash and finally disinfect bath. So does this mean we arn't meant to rinse off the flea wash? I feel like I should so I turn the dial back to rinse and rinse it out....but maybe it's meant to be left in...I dunno, does anyone know?

Also I find the blow dries too cold...poor dogs all wet from a bath would prefer a warm blow dry not cold air blowing on them, especially on the really cold days brrrr. Is this just our dogwash or are do they all have cold blow dries?

If it is a tru blu dog wash the dryers are set to a regulation temperature, I also find them too cold for my lot, I usually towel dry. I don't use the flea rinse as I found it made one of my girls itchy afterwards. I shampoo, then rinse, condition then rinse.

I asked the owner of one of ours here in town about turning the temp on the dryer but he said they are not allowed as it had to be set to a regulation temp.

Edited by tlc

Sounds the same as ours. I used it for the first time just last week. I have shorthaired dogs and took my own shampoo and towels. I put them both in and used the rinse cycle only.

I did try the dryer but it was far too cold for them.

I disinfect then lift them in, then disinfect again at the end as well

This may be a dumb question but how do you disinfect the tubs? I usually get Oscar done professionally, or do it at home sometimes when warm enough, but $40 a pop for a short haired dog is a little excessive when I really could do it myself more often. Also how much do they cost?

There's a switch for selecting the different modes - disinfect is one.

I can do my BC for $4-$5 if I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. Rinse, shampoo, rinse, conditioner, rinse, (rinse again if I was too slow), dry with towel, disinfect.

There must be some of these dog washes round you. Down here lots of servo's with car washes have a dog one attached. I'm a bit wary of using them as a friend of mine's dog picked up fleas from one, but maybe she was just really unlucky.

Pam

I had to use one when I was in Sydney recently. I stayed at a friend's place and little did I know she was flea infested. I think it was at a Pet Barn or something.

The flea rinse in the bath, smelled like Fidos. It did not run through the bath long, I can tell you that much after a minute or so on "Wash", you could not smell it, so it was just pumping water.

The dryer did warm up with use. I have a coated breed, so takes a little longer to blow dry them.

The dryer I have here at home, does have a heater in it and after a term of use, they do get quite hot.

There must be some of these dog washes round you. Down here lots of servo's with car washes have a dog one attached. I'm a bit wary of using them as a friend of mine's dog picked up fleas from one, but maybe she was just really unlucky.

Pam

Nope Pam

I am pretty sure not! A Broovale Petbarn has one (3 hrs away) and there was talk they would all get them but I have 3 Petbarns close to me and nothing.

Something dyi is supposed tobe coming to Alexandria but perhaps not suitable for xl dogs I heard.

I wld use for sure.

Meea

More:

With my friend Google. Qld and Vic seem to hv many.

Country nsw has some. I can only find 2 dog/car wash combinations in Sydney *sad*. All miles from me naturally.

Seems like a great idea.

Meea

I believe there's a washing station at Rouse Hill Town Centre - but I'm not sure it's big enough for wolfhounds

Two hour drive thru city traffic as well - not for us. Inner city dogs need love/washing too!