Dogzonline Forum

Steve

O.K. Great ideas but - the post card thing.

If I buy an album and insert postcards Im assuming the person would see the pretty side and not the side with a message - is that what you mean?

If everyone send the post cards to one person and then one person puts them in the album and them sends them on thats a hell of a lot of cash for Australia Post - so lets cost it out .

How much is an average price for a postcard?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not an album then....maybe just cheery postcards - local to where the DOLer /sender lives? Maybe then send to a PO box/address (temporary name) near the recipient and the person hand delivers them ? Saves postage/handling.....?

Maybe not an album then....maybe just cheery postcards - local to where the DOLer /sender lives? Maybe then send to a PO box/address (temporary name) near the recipient and the person hand delivers them ? Saves postage/handling.....?

Yep Im thinking if we each paid a dollar or two to handle materials and we each purchased a personalised hand made dog themed card [ I know someone who can do this for us] then each send through via email a scanned personal message to go into each one - so they can all be sent off to the address of the person . This maintains their privacy - only one person needs to know their address and keeps everyone's cost down to a bare minimum. Can be all done without them having to leave the house and they get a bunch of personalised cards

What do you think?

I know the thread is currently focussing on a particular DOLer but I wanted to add my two cents worth about what DOL has done for me.

I joined DOL looking to find a home for a keeshond that had been dumped on my elderly parents that none of us were able to keep at that time. As all my dogs have been rescue dogs I then got a bit addicted to the rescue threads and loved reading everything on there and absorbing the useful information that came with it. There are a couple of DOLers from there who I adore because of what they do, their skill and knowledge and how they respond to issues on DOL. It is likely those people don't even know who they are - I worship them from afar! I also went through a settling in period where it felt like the old timers were picking on me just because I was a newbie, but like a grown up I (eventually) moved on and accepted that everyone is entitled to their opinion and the world would be awfully stagnant if issues and beliefs were never challenged.

I am always happy to share honest information about myself in threads but have always been quite private regarding where I live, my phone number, etc so it actually took a lot of trust for me to be part of my first ever DOL Secret Santa last year. The came the Sock Monkey Swap. This year I will bravely participate in the Christmas Card thing too! Now I have actually met some other DOLers in the flesh and am now a foster carer for one, exposing myself to a breed that I'd never even seen up close before! And later in the year I will be house and dog sitting for a very special person. Every connection you make on here can lead to even more in real life if you are open to it.

It never ceases to amaze me how much diversity, passion AND compassion is here on DOL. I love this place!

I love being a DOLer. Being part of a really big family that never hesitates to offer a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, great advice when requested.

I have seen so many people helped on this forum, it shows that we have a heck of a lot of love to share around.

My last two beloved dogs came to me via DOL, the fit right in and I believe that they both have brought kindness and love from their previous carers/owners.

I may not post often, but if I have a question I know that someone here will have an answer.

:champagne: you all deserve a glass or two of the best champers :cheers: