Extra Entry Passes For Sydney Royal

Hi Everyone,

This is my first Sydney Royal (or actually my first ROYAL anywhere!) and I just want to check something with all of you who are more experienced. My mum and sister have been before but haven't had this issue before as its only ever been the two of them.

We need an extra pass for me to be able to go and in the info that was sent out it said to go to the easter show website and 'follow the links'. However, the only links are to SHOWLINK tickets, and when i went to buy it online, it had the date I had selected and 9:00AM next to it.

I rang the enquiries line for exhibitors, who referred me to ticketing, who (in a very strong accent that was hard to understand) told me that gates open at 7:00am!! Im not sure she understood what i meant, and now am confused.

So then I rang the domestic animal co-ordinators office who told me to just buy the Showlink ticket, and that it would be ok ( she thought). Is this right, will the Showlink ticket get me into the grounds before the actual show opens, or am I looking at the wrong ticket.

Any help in GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets can be bought at the gate. Check with your workplace union (if you have one) - mine is selling tickets adult $31.50 (usually $36) and all others at a discount (except seniors).

I think I'll need to buy an extra ticket for hubby since I've only entered one dog.

Tickets can be bought at the gate. Check with your workplace union (if you have one) - mine is selling tickets adult $31.50 (usually $36) and all others at a discount (except seniors).

I think I'll need to buy an extra ticket for hubby since I've only entered one dog.

You should have your bench slip to get you and Ziva in, and the ticket they provide is for your OH :)

Edited by Jumabaar

Stonecutter, could you expand on this, I just want to be sure I have it right :o. So tickets can be bought before the day, and then can we still get in prior to 9am??

Yes bench slip gets one person in and the spare ticket you were given gets another person in. Exhibitor gates do open at 7am and we are ment to be in and ready to roll by the time they start letting people in at 9am. Im not sure how you go about buying another exhibitor ticket but im assuming if you got a showlink ticket they would still let you in before 9am through the exhibitor entrance!

Thanks Jumabaar and Nevafollo! I was very confused :)

Rebelsquest - I'm not sure about entry before 9am.

What time do people recommend turning up to the grounds? Is it a slow process to unpack cars and then move inside? I'll have 1 trolley, 2 dogs.

Another question for the experts - I'm transporting a dog in that belongs to another exhibitor/breeder - so he's not on my bench slip. Will I have any trouble getting him in? He's entered & would be listed on the exhibitor's sheet?

They dont check the dogs stonecutter, just the people.

You drive to the drop off area, unload the dogs/gear. Then one of you stays inside with the dogs, and one of you goes and parks the car. Or if you dont mind the push, you can go straight to the carpark and push dogs/gear across.

A normal ticket can get you in before 9am if you go in the exhibitor entry, yes.

Edited by Rysup

The showlink ticket includes transport to the grounds. If you are driving there I wouldn't buy a showlink ticket, just pay for entry at the gate. If you are entering via the dog entrance then you probably won't need to worry about additional tickets. I just walk in like I own the place and nobody says boo... LOL

The showlink ticket includes transport to the grounds. If you are driving there I wouldn't buy a showlink ticket, just pay for entry at the gate. If you are entering via the dog entrance then you probably won't need to worry about additional tickets. I just walk in like I own the place and nobody says boo... LOL

Havasneeze, the ONLY tickets are Showlink tickets according to the website, I really don't want to buy a Showlink ticket as I am obviously not catching public transport to the show. I am thinking of doing the same thing as you!! When I rang the Domestic Animals Co-ordinator's office, even they thought there was such a thing as a 'exhibitor entry pass' or a ticket without showlink attached, but then checked and she was 'pretty sure' she was wrong, and just get the Showlink. She even said that at one point this year they were going to start selling them, but the idea was nixed after she missed a meeting to decide the issue.

There seems to be a widespread confusion regarding this issue in general!!!!! Even within the differing departments of the RAS.

I understand that the bench slip gets in one, the extra pass another, but we have 3 people going so we need another pass on top of that. The only option I have is to buy a Showlink ticket off the website, and then if they won't let me in, argue the point on the day at the Exhibitor gate at 7am - a great start to the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou to everyone for your help!!

On a separate note - how far is it from the carpark to the dog section? I will be there on my own and don't have a trolley, so will need to carry all my gear + manage the dog somehow... haha

I have managed to do it with a trashed ankle. Its not too bad a walk at all- all on concrete.

Be thankful you don't do flyball!! Nothing better than lugging all your stuff back from the overflow at 5pm with the dogs :laugh:

On a separate note - how far is it from the carpark to the dog section? I will be there on my own and don't have a trolley, so will need to carry all my gear + manage the dog somehow... haha

It's about a 15 minute walk, pretty flat though...

Havasneeze, the ONLY tickets are Showlink tickets according to the website, I really don't want to buy a Showlink ticket as I am obviously not catching public transport to the show. I am thinking of doing the same thing as you!! When I rang the Domestic Animals Co-ordinator's office, even they thought there was such a thing as a 'exhibitor entry pass' or a ticket without showlink attached, but then checked and she was 'pretty sure' she was wrong, and just get the Showlink. She even said that at one point this year they were going to start selling them, but the idea was nixed after she missed a meeting to decide the issue.

There seems to be a widespread confusion regarding this issue in general!!!!! Even within the differing departments of the RAS.

I understand that the bench slip gets in one, the extra pass another, but we have 3 people going so we need another pass on top of that. The only option I have is to buy a Showlink ticket off the website, and then if they won't let me in, argue the point on the day at the Exhibitor gate at 7am - a great start to the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou to everyone for your help!!

What day are you on? I have a spare entry ticket. I will be there on the first 2 days, Thursday & Friday.

Hi,

You should get in on the bench slip.........your husband can use the entry ticket that came in the envelope, with all the Royal paperwork

What day are you on? If you like you can drop by and borrow Ziva's (as long as we get it back for Tue 10th)

If you can get someone to watch him Id take him and his crate straight in at the drop off point (like a 2min walk) put him in the bench in his crate and then get someone to keep an eye on him for you while you get the rest of your stuff then park! im sure someone will help you out, I'll be there giving kristy and Andy a hand with the girls so if you see me and need help just yell!

They dont check the dogs stonecutter, just the people.

You drive to the drop off area, unload the dogs/gear. Then one of you stays inside with the dogs, and one of you goes and parks the car. Or if you dont mind the push, you can go straight to the carpark and push dogs/gear across.

A normal ticket can get you in before 9am if you go in the exhibitor entry, yes.

Do you need a special ticket to park in this carpark? I am going to help a friend show, but we are arriving from Brisbane at 7:30am and going straight to the Royal. Is this a general public carpark, or is this just the exhibitor one?

Thanks.