Please Welcome Oscar De La Wrinkles From Peiradise!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is filling out very nicely. PS has done a wonderful job with this boy and he is absolutely spoilt rotten.

• 1 month later...

I haven't updated about our smooshy boy for a while. I think he is looking wonderful now with his weight back up, sporting a nice thick coat. He is going through a phase of wanting another feed at midnight (we stay up late here) but I figure if he is hungry then feed him! He is a total cheeky monkey but still does new things even after 2 months with us. Last week he started to nose us when he wants something (usually his midnight meal, right on the dot!) and this past weekend he started getting up on the lounge chairs for a kip, once was even on top of my legs like my girl does. He talks all the time and makes a purr like sound when you rub him in his favourite spot.

I've been making some coats for Ams' rescue dogs and tried one on Oscar. He does love to frock up! Mind you the coat making has required some creativity as one of Oscar's bad habits is that he steals fabric from the sewing room and takes it out the back for a chew. He prefers the taste of muted tones but looks much better in bright colours!

Oh and Ams has the most beautiful pei puppy at her place - Delilah is just built for cuddles! If we are lucky Ams might stick a photo up of the little maggot? She has practically taken over the Peiradise page on FB!

post-33739-0-52764100-1338769770_thumb.jpg

PS I should have taken a photo for you as we were a sea of brightly coloured jammies here last night. It was funny to see them all prancing around. Just to steal the show here are some pics of Delilah courtesy of Zoo Studio.

DelilahZoo1.jpg

DelilahZoo2.jpg

DelilahZoo3.jpg

DelilahZoo4.jpg

DelilahZoo5.jpg

I know, I have been slack with the photos mainly because Oscar prefers to be indoors and with his dark coat inside photos aren't so great. He has grown into a very loving and funny boy. I so wish I had photos to reflect that but I'm also a bad photographer. We will be going to the Peinic this Sunday and if I'm lucky I can get one of the good photographers to take some snaps of him.

As for Delilah - well that girl is just so cuddle-ish-us! She is so tiny but so full of spunk! Once she is ready for a forever home she will be beating potential adopters off with a stick!

Delilah has gone on foster for two weeks and will then come back for desex. Let the games begin!

• 2 weeks later...

Oscar has found a lovely new family and will be going to live with them from tomorrow. He is breaking my heart at present though because he seems to sense change is in the air and has started chewing on himself and scratching and his eyes have gone gunky again. I have not made any preparations for his departure - absolutely nothing has changed here, but he still seems to know. He didn't even eat all his brekkie this morning. I'm just going to continue doing things the same rather than react to his new behaviours. Wish him luck for a smooth transition. Once he settles into his new home I know he is going to have a wonderful life.

Puppysniffer has done an absolutely awesome job in fostering Oscar. He is not the easiest dog to integrate into a house. She has also gone one step further in allowing his new owners into her home to give them the best chance of understanding how he operates and to spend time getting to know him.

Don't worry PS you will miss Oscar but we already have Dancing Darius lined up for you. (well once he recovers from Kennel Cough).

Dogs continue to amaze me. Oscar was back to his usual self today. When his new family came to get him this afternoon he spent time getting re-aquainted with them. I never expected him to be a family dog - I thought he'd be more suited to a single person, but there he was wagging his tail with the kids and playing tug. He walked straight out of the house, down the stairs, quick piddle stop on the front lawn then straight into the car next to the son. WTF? I usually have to push him off the verandah and encourage him into the car with treats! I got a text later to say he had done the whole trip home with his head on the daughters lap.

Poor Dannie has been all teary that he has gone and the other dogs are doing Sad Sack impressions. I'm a little teary too but more because how fantastic an outcome this is for him. I can see him becoming a whole different type of dog in a family environment, with kids to play with. They want to keep in contact but they don't need my approval - they will give him far more as a family than we could ever give him here.

You just never know how things are going to turn out for rescue dogs sometimes but it is good to at least be part of getting them ready to start a new journey with more confidence.

We're going to miss you Snorkel Boy!

PS all his snobby behaviour is a tribute to know he has the right family. I love it when they ignore me, turn tail and hike off into someone's car (okay well after I get over my snoot for them being ungrateful snobs). I do hope the family will come to the peinics as they said. It would be nice to keep in touch with wrinkle butt.

If you truly miss all his snoring let me know and I'll send you Chaplain cause that boy can sure trumpet up a tune in his sleep!

The best testament to your care is when your foster doesn't acknowledge you when leaving with their new family... it means you have got everything right for that particular dog... *grin*

Don't be sad... you've done an excellent job, and he's now perfectly ready for the next stage of his life adventure.

T.

Excellent news for Oscar, sounds like he will be a wonderful fit for his new family. You did a fantastic job with him PS. :thumbsup:

I know that happy sad feeling you get when they're gone :hug:

Well done Peiradise on another success story :happydance: