Treat Bags For Training

Hiya,

Ive been bumbling along with my now falling apart bum bag to hold my treats when Im out training my dogs, its ready to be retired so I was wondering what everyone uses?

I did buy a kramar one a couple of years ago with a drawstring to close it and it clipped on to my belt but it was useless. It felt so cumbersome that I went straight back to my bum bag.

Ive been looking on the net and the ones I like the look of are the black dog, premier and guardian brands. Anyone using any of these?

Edited by MishB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use the Premier snap close bags. Easy assess, easy close, belt clip and keychain clasp for backup. Additional separate pockets for phone, keys etc. I've tried a few and always return to the Premier.

We use the Premier snap close bags. Easy assess, easy close, belt clip and keychain clasp for backup. Additional separate pockets for phone, keys etc. I've tried a few and always return to the Premier.

A friend has one - where did you get yours?

A friend has one - where did you get yours?

http://www.petexpertise.com/dog-training-aids/dog-training-pouches-bait-bags/gentle-leader-training-pouch.html

From memory Clean Run has the same pouch for a very similar price but their freight is horrendous. Our one from petexpertise cost under $20 postage to Perth.

My premier one must be about 7 years old now - looking a bit cruddy! :laugh: Hasn't failed yet though.

I bought mine from here http://www.petexpertise.com/dog-training-aids/dog-training-pouches-bait-bags/gentle-leader-training-pouch.html she will do bulk orders as well.

In Aus the only person I know would be Jenny Ireland Pet Products.

Thanks for referring me to them. I'd be more than happy to buy from them again.

Edited by Dxenion

:rofl: yes you haven't made it as a trainer till you stick raw chicken necks in your pockets - isn't that right Ptolomy :laugh:. I bought a premier one and it lasted maybe 2 weeks before it broke. Not sure if it was just a faulty model or what but I wasn't impressed.

I use my pockets eek1.gif Beaudiful crazy.gif Don't want the visual cue that I have treats on me to be quite so apparent.

Ive tried putting mt treats in my pockets but I find that either a) I struggle to get them out b) they all fall out or c) I forget about them when I get home and end up with smelly jeans from leaving dog treats in them.

I use this Doggone Good pouch that I bought from our obedience club for around $20-$25 (sorry, can't remember the exact price as I bought a couple of other things at the same time). It's a fantastic size and fits heaps in so I never have to worry about running out of treats during training, it has magnetic strips inside the top of it so that it closes without a draw string and is really quick for accessing the treats as you just slide your hand in and it opens straight away. It has a little pouch on the front that closes with velcro that is great for putting my keys, a zip section on the back that I use for my iPhone and little open pockets on each side that I use for holding the clicker. It slips on to my DOOG belts and also has a clip if you were wanting to attach it to your jeans or something instead.

This looks like a really good bag! Now to find where I can get one in Oz, they dont ship to ouside US.

MishB

If you find one count me in!

Meea

I am going to make it my mission to find these Doggone Good treat bags.

It makes me want it even more now they dont ship to Oz.It could get expensive looking through training supplies sites, I love shopping :)

Edited by MishB

I use the K9Pro one that somebody else linked to earlier. Large enough for more than ample treats, quick access and close, and can wipe it clean no problems.

Have had it for about a year, and have no complaints. Even proved useful for holding phone and money etc. for Big Day Out!

I use my pockets eek1.gif Beaudiful crazy.gif Don't want the visual cue that I have treats on me to be quite so apparent.

You can imagine the shock horror when I tell my friends to get rid of the bum bag and use their pockets for the treats.

:rofl: yes you haven't made it as a trainer till you stick raw chicken necks in your pockets - isn't that right Ptolomy :laugh:. I bought a premier one and it lasted maybe 2 weeks before it broke. Not sure if it was just a faulty model or what but I wasn't impressed.

Ditto re chicken necks, but I use semi raw steak. The bloody pockets tell the story, slimey on inside and out.