Canine Chiro Sa?

After some consistenly poor training runs with Esky I've been suggested to get her check out for any physical problems.

So would a canine chiro be the appropriate person to go see or is there some other branch of vet sceience I don't know about ? :laugh:

Does anyone in SA have some one they go to?

I found an old thread on this, but it was very old so who knows if it would still be relevant.

Thanks

ETA: Oh yeah and how much should I be expecting to pay for a consult?

Edited by Esky the husky

Guest Arcane

Dr.Matthew Condon at ChiroPet. just google ChiroPet. Matthew is a veterinarian as well. He has a wonderful manner.

Enquire direct for charges, but Matthew has always been very reasonable.

Edited by Arcane

:rofl: if you want a good canine physio then I can recommend Emma Kirby :laugh:. And for normal non-broken massages Suzi Drake (Therapetics :rofl:). Although she has been working on my broken one as well :D.

Depends Esky :laugh:. Sorry not much help. My first point of contact is usually Matthew though. I tried the physio as I wanted a second opinion over a problem. If cost does come into it the physio is a little more expensive. I only went to the physio once we were fairly sure we knew what we were dealing with and she had been back to Matthew a few times so I was prepared to try something different in case one worked better then the other.

http://www.vetreferrals.com.au/physiotherapy.html

Esky, it depends on the issue. In Ness's case they got to the point they knew it was soft tissue injury which is the area of a physio. And that is another reason I like the fact Matthew is a qualified vet as well as a chiro, he can tell you if it is something else that is not going to be helped by chiro.

I was going to menton Therapetics for straight out massage as well.

Dr.Matthew Condon at ChiroPet. just google ChiroPet. Matthew is a veterinarian as well. He has a wonderful manner.

Enquire direct for charges, but Matthew has always been very reasonable.

another recommendation for Matthew.

Thanks for this thread EtH, it was just the info I was looking for! I wasn't sure if I should be looking at a chiro or physio for my rescue boy (http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/236229-chiro-or-physio/page__gopid__5794080#entry5794080) but I've made an initial appointment with Matthew for tomorrow at 3pm :thumbsup:

Have you looked into it for Esky yet? I'll update my thread tomorrow and let you know how we went :)

Consult is $100.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! :D

Another big thumbs up for Matthew. I am another who really appreciates that he is a veterinarian. He may be more expensive than some other pet chiros but you are paying to see a veterinarian who has done a fair bit of extra training, and in that regards, his prices are very, very good. He has been incredibly reasonable with the prices for my girls and he is wonderful with the dogs. He is also reasonable about when to come back and doesn't make you come back numerous times if there's no reason.

Holly was in a bad way after coming back from having her litter and he has made a huge difference. I highly doubt we would be doing the winning we are with her if we hadn't of seen him.