Litters Due In June 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need some suggestions on increasing milk supply. I have tried fenugreek, I am feeding her pretty much as much as she will eat she isn't drinking as much as I would like, but she is pretty much solely on wet food (she had kibble available at all times but isn't that keen) so as well as the puppy wet she gets eggs, yoghurt, puppy milk and some fresh meat. I've also given her some biolac when I've made it up to top up puppies.

The puppies are gaining weight, but had lower weight gains yesterday, but more so, one of them cries inconsolably and tries every nipple. He has settled with a top up, but ideally I'd like her to be meeting demand.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I need some suggestions on increasing milk supply. I have tried fenugreek, I am feeding her pretty much as much as she will eat she isn't drinking as much as I would like, but she is pretty much solely on wet food (she had kibble available at all times but isn't that keen) so as well as the puppy wet she gets eggs, yoghurt, puppy milk and some fresh meat. I've also given her some biolac when I've made it up to top up puppies.

The puppies are gaining weight, but had lower weight gains yesterday, but more so, one of them cries inconsolably and tries every nipple. He has settled with a top up, but ideally I'd like her to be meeting demand.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How old are they now LOTG?

I used fenugreek tea for Jazz and also made the Leerburg puppy milk formula for pups but never needed it so gave it to Jazz. Not sure if it helped with milk supply but at least I knew she was getting plenty of high quality fluids and then I fed her ridiculous quantities of high quality food and had proplan puppy out for her almost constantly (until the pups were able to get out of the box)

Ah ok, younger than I thought. I had been going to say I introduced a little bit of solids at 3 weeks, not much and just before I went to bed. It seemed to help get them through the night and was suggested to me as nights were really unsettled.

Fingers crossed things improve tonight.

Yeah I figure if this keeps up I'll introduce solids sooner rather than later.

Someone has also suggested that once eyes are open I make up some biolac for them to lap up, will be easier than syringing it. They don't seem unsettled today, so fingers crossed for tonight.

The first few days with my guys I reluctantly but after multiple suggestions used baby farex cereal mixed in with puppy formula. I guess it just made it less messy as it made it a bit thicker and probably took a bit longer to digest.

well all is good now coco had a c section this morning and we have 6 healthy puppy's number 7( a little girl) dident make it. Mum and bubs are doing fine4 girls and two boys

mum and pups are doing great we have 1 black girl, 1 black and white girl, 2 gold girls , 1 gold boy and 1 orange roan boy photo"s to follow if i can work out how to get them on here

Edited by woodys