Do You Have A Prefered Dog Gender?

Pailin

Gender of dog prefered...  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a prefered gender in the dogs you own?

• Male
    • Female
    • Both/ Either

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, that being said, Zeph is probably going to be a better worker than Baylee and Dee, if he can only get over his boy brain.

:laugh: I'll tell you if Neo ever grows a brain, if you tell me if Zeph ever does!

I'm sure Nova - at 9 months - is far more mentally mature than Neo, who is about to turn 3 :laugh: She's already totally running rings around him! My poor boy, God love him! :laugh:

You two have made me realise that both Rotties I have owned have been bitches. So I guess if I were to get another Rottie, I would probably be more likely to get another bitch due to familiarity, and both of them had such awesome personalities.

James is the only dog I've had and I had absolutely no interest at all in a girl. He was always going to be male and I would prefer future dogs (depending on breed if obtained during J's lifetime) to be male.

No particular reason why. I suppose on some level it's based on the theory of females being more independent/aloof.

However, that being said, Zeph is probably going to be a better worker than Baylee and Dee, if he can only get over his boy brain.

:laugh: I'll tell you if Neo ever grows a brain, if you tell me if Zeph ever does!

I'm sure Nova - at 9 months - is far more mentally mature than Neo, who is about to turn 3 :laugh: She's already totally running rings around him! My poor boy, God love him! :laugh:

You two have made me realise that both Rotties I have owned have been bitches. So I guess if I were to get another Rottie, I would probably be more likely to get another bitch due to familiarity, and both of them had such awesome personalities.

But Minxy, both Zeph and Neo are big girls, and Mummy's boys as well :rofl:

Allerzeit, Zeph does occassionally engage his big brain, but he is a cocky, arrogant little shite who uses it for evil. He is very opportunistic. (insert rolly eyes man)

after all these years I do prefer male dogs. They're always deep down big galoofs. Saying that I wouldn't trade my Mal bitch for the world, but she's a bitch in name and personality :laugh: My boys were always the snuggle bums, always the ones to make peoples hearts melt.

Depends on the breed. Female only Dobes, I just don't gel with male dobes at all.

Interesting, same here! Have had 4 dobe bitches growing up and loved them all, never really liked the boys that much though - they seem like a totally different breed sometimes!

I have had both boys and girls over the years, and have 8 girls now. Each dog is a unique personality and though I think boys are cuddlier than girls, I have had girls who were very smoochy too. So would have an open mind on choice.