Urgent Help For A Missing Rescue Dog

Guest muttrus

Guest muttrus

Please be on the look out for a 18 month old kelpie x black and white female dog with hip problems around 20kgs.

Clara chip number 982000163623053

She apparently escaped we were called this morning this has been 2 months in the making for adoption.Clara does have issues she will be scared has limited road sense she was beaten by aborignal children to the point of almost death so maybe fearful of dark coloured skin people.

My hubby has caught a train to sydney to search I have rang all local bussiness in the area as well as all people I know living within the area I have no transport so can"t get there quick enough

She was last seen BROADBENT ST KINGSFORD wearing a black leather collar with tag my ph is 0403467841 text if seen THANKYOU

Guest muttrus

I have just returned from driving all around the area and also the other side of Anzac Pde and checked parks but no sighting of her yet:(

THANKYOU hubby caught a train from wollongong up to bondi and is in kingsford searching in the hope clara comes to his voice.I have rang all pounds in area sent photos ,rang bussiness in the surrounding area,went through the phone book and rang random people posted here and on facebook BUT by far the hardest phone call I made was to claras rescuer to tell her.Clara was saved from certain death and held a special place in her heart We thought we"d done everything checked fences the family everything.

Clara spent a week with us while the family came down 3 times during the week to spend time with her NOT once did she ever try to escape .Hubby took her down the beach yesterday we took her for walks I just hope the road sense we taught her got through.I have emailled the local tennis club left details at the golf courses

I feel so useless here :(

Hubby is beside himself he had met clara in the NT and spent time with her there here they formed a special bond in such a short time he says WHEN he finds her she will be coming home here to stay as his dog .He left here after the phone call no shower just jumped on the first train he is very upset and angry .and says he won"t be home till he finds her.

I suspect she maybe hiding I just hope she isn"t still on the move maybe even trying to find her way back :cry:

Oh dear, it's an awful worry. We lost one of our fosters last year - she escaped the second night she was there. The foster carers and I walked the area for a couple of hours, door knocking etc. It was freezing cold and wet and our dog was 4.5 kilos and skinny - at least it's not such bad weather for a dog to be out in right now. We think our dog was hiding, she was found by the garbage truck 3 days later eating out of a bin.

Have the family been walking her to a nearby park at all? Often the dogs will head there if they are nervous and want a quieter hiding place.

She could be under a house or shed not far from where the family live and will hopefully come out for your husband's voice, especially as it gets closer to dinner time.

Hope he finds her tonight.

Guest muttrus

Can you post a picture? I drive through there every day to work and back. Will keep an eye out.

Yep Ill post it in photos as I can"t work out how to do it here sorry

You beat me to it Powerlegs. I was about to upload the pics here too. :o She's a gorgeous girl.

Hoping she is found soon. It's a horrible feeling not knowing where they are. :( Hopefully someone's picked her up and holding onto her until they can get her to a vet. :crossfingers:

Guest muttrus

Thankyou I can upload in photos but not here. No luck yet hubby came home this morning the new owners say they will continue searching today but now certain facts don"t add up.Hubby said he saw where they claim she dug out but says there"s now way she would have fit and there was cement on the otherside.

On saturday hubby took clara down the beach for the day so she would be relaxed for the drive home.They came just after 2pm and left after 3pm they texted us and said she was asleep in the car for 40 mins.When they got home they took her for a walk allowed her inside then put her out with a bone at 11pm noticed she was missing at 7.30am

yesterday hubby searched from 11.30am till after 830pm while the husband just dropped him off in spots the wife was resting they said because my hubby was there they would resume in the morning!

My hubby came home and told me what they had told him which was completely different to what they told me and that has me worried -----maybe he had been searching in all the wrong places? My hubby thinks clara got away from them during the walk and they don"t want to admit it???

I spent time with the family they were great dog owners I have no doubt but the wife was the type of person where IF you did get a word in she always either cut you down or could do one better. The I know everything type.Having said that as far I clara was concerned there was nothing I felt that would suggest clara would be hurt or in danger It was just my personal take on her as a person ----------------So I felt right person for the dog just not someone I would be girlfriends with I hope that makes sense? we are totally different personalities

STILL LOOKING TODAY --------------Thankyou everyone you never cease to amaze me with how great you all are at pulling together to help a dog in need .

Maybe she can climb fences and just never had a reason to do so before? If she was put outside on the first night she might have had the impetus to do that if she felt abandoned or got a fright.

That was the case with our second foster dog that disappeared - the cat had gone over the fence and he followed some time later apparently.

Someone found him and held him for 3 days before they saw our poster, they had decided to keep him ...

Is she wearing a collar with a tag?

Edited by dogmad

If she was put outside on the first night she might have had the impetus to do that if she felt abandoned or got a fright.

That's what I was thinking too Dog Mad. :( I really feel for this girl and hope she's ok.

I can't believe they'd bring home a new dog, especially one that has had an abusive past - and just leave her outside like that alone on the first night. :eek::(

Lots of unis around there, can you get someone to hand out flyers around there today and ask around if students have seen her?

Also lots of restaurants, might she gravitate towards back lanes where garbages are, or more towards where people are?

Guest muttrus

If she was put outside on the first night she might have had the impetus to do that if she felt abandoned or got a fright.

That's what I was thinking too Dog Mad. :( I really feel for this girl and hope she's ok.

I can't believe they'd bring home a new dog, especially one that has had an abusive past - and just leave her outside like that alone on the first night. :eek::(

Thats what we questioned them .There is so much now going through our heads hubby said he doesn"t think she got out but are covering something up? I don"t know I think the worry is getting to us and we are thinking all sorts of things.Hubby did say when he went and looked around their house to see if clara was hiding underit he said there was one part they wouldn"t let him look ----He could be reading too much into it ?? too much time has passed now and things just aren"t adding up Im sure many of you think things after adoption I know I do then when I get that update photo phone call email etc its a good feeling mind you I only feel funny after they leave and Im waving goodbye I guess a bit silly really but we can"t always control the way we feel

Thats what we questioned them .There is so much now going through our heads hubby said he doesn"t think she got out but are covering something up? I don"t know I think the worry is getting to us and we are thinking all sorts of things.Hubby did say when he went and looked around their house to see if clara was hiding underit he said there was one part they wouldn"t let him look ----He could be reading too much into it ?? too much time has passed now and things just aren"t adding up Im sure many of you think things after adoption I know I do then when I get that update photo phone call email etc its a good feeling mind you I only feel funny after they leave and Im waving goodbye I guess a bit silly really but we can"t always control the way we feel

Try not to think the worst Muttrus. I know it's easier said than done but try and stay positive for Clara. :hug:

Did hubby get a chance to talk with their neighbours? maybe they saw or heard something? or maybe she's hiding up under one of their houses?

I'd be printing up lots and lots of 'lost posters' and putting them up everywhere around the area she went missing. Have

you contacted Petsearch? and maybe put a lost ad up on Gumtree too. You never know...

C'mon Clara, come home girl. :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

I have sent to friends who live in the area to keep an eye out on their way home or even if they hear about it from their family/friends/neighbours.

A friend works at North Randwick vet, will ask him to keep an ear out.

:crossfingers: all paws and fingers crossed she is found safe and sound.