Critique & Comments

Kirislin ..yes, there is a little halo ..but apart from that, it must be a good pic, as it made me feel motion sick :p :)

Oh dear, I dont know if that's a compliment or not. :laugh:

I tried it again but it looses alot of the effect I like when I bring it back to take out the halo. 7200088508_21ef9fff18_c.jpg

2638 HDR Ae.2 by kirislin, on Flickr

Kirislin ..yes, there is a little halo ..but apart from that, it must be a good pic, as it made me feel motion sick :p :)

Oh dear, I dont know if that's a compliment or not. :laugh:

I tried it again but it looses alot of the effect I like when I bring it back to take out the halo. 7200088508_21ef9fff18_c.jpg

2638 HDR Ae.2 by kirislin, on Flickr

That's awesome. well done, K

@Kirislin - now I see a very noticeable harsh line at the front of the bike, back of rider & seat and to a lesser extent on the back tire. Also the white line on the pavement is all funky.

Guest Tess32

I do like the extra warmth of the first edited shot and I agree you don't need a huge amount of detail brought back, but I would definitely bring back some as it looks blown out on the dog's body rather than deliberate. I think the edit is much better, is a good shot.

Thanks so much for all the feedback :thumbsup: It's good to hear the different opinions re the tones, obviously very much a personal thing as to whether it appeals or not :)

- next time I'd try to get the framing in camera closer to what I wanted as a final image and I'd try to get the whole shadow of the dog, especially if it looked like the dog and not just a black shape :)

I kicked myself for that :laugh: and on the subject of that, I had my focus on just the single center point and in AI Servo mode, would you go for a wider range of focus points? I was concerned about it focusing on the wrong dog/person on the beach.....

Kirislin, great framing with the bike :) but I have to say I prefer the original - something just doesn't look quite right about the hdr ones to me.

@CC - I select my AF point and usually use the outer ones, not so much the middle. If I'm using centre only I find I have to constantly reframe - which works just fine once you get the hang of it and is often the best one for lots of action. Sometimes it's just what you have going when the shot is there so you do the best you can with what you have.