Facebook Page Neuter Class At Victorian Shows

Today I started a facebook page Neuter Classes at Victorian Shows.

I spoke to the secretary today to further my research for my business case but I should have done this when entries were being accepted. Never mind I shall get what I can from the catalogue.

Her belief was that people entered the entire dogs and also brought along the neuter.

I informed her that of the 7 people I spoke to today they selected the Geelong Show because it offered neuter and also brought along entire dogs.

I did not inform her of the lengths some of us have gone to, to get the shows with class 18 to name Bisart Dobes and myself as 2 examples. :rofl: :rofl:

Please like the page if I have sent you an invite.

In 24 hours the page will come up on a Facebook search.

We need to get the message across to the Shows Committees that it is a viable class. And revenue raising if the really looked at the figures.

Please post in this thread if you would like to be added as an admin after you have liked it. This will mean that you can invite your friends to like it also.

:cheer::rock:Neuter Class Rocks :rock::cheer:

I will like it when I can see it, did a search and I am unable to raise it yet, so will wait. :)

I did Bermi earlier this year just for Neuter classes in 3 shows.

I have done several shows just for Neuter classes, but Bermi was the furthest I have travelled for it and stayed 4 nights.

I did Bairnsdale/Gippsland last year (3 shows) and a couple in Albury all just for Neuter classes, lots of travel and accommodation, lots of time and expense. And would I do it over again, absolutely, had a ball.

More than happy to get on board with your FB page BB. Great job :thumbsup:

Edited by dyzney

I'll add the page when it appears.

Thank you for doing this BB. As I mentioned I own a Leonberger and a neuter Chinese Crested. Unfortunately they clash (Gr 1 & 6) so I don't show both. Due to lack of neuter shows offered I travelled from Hastings to Geelong because there was the option to show my Crested and have some fun with her. That's dedication to the neuter class IMO :thumbsup:

Would be great to see more shows at KCC/Bulla offer neuter classes.

We have done several trips to Albury for Neuter class, even when there have been shows closer to home at KCC Park or Bulla. Easter we travelled to Mt. Gambier for the same reason, these clubs also get other entries from us in regular classes.

I shall add admin to everyone when I am home as I am pretty sure facebook is blocked at work and I do not get the full page on my mobile.

Done the figures from the catalogue.

29 neuters entered. 43 entire dogs.And that is only going on same name as exhitor.

I will now go through all names just to check they do not have a different breed to breed that is entered as neuter.

Ones I know like Sir Sniffalot and the the lady who hasa wire haired foxy and wirehaired poinet I know.

dyzney I was talking to 5 people who all said the same thing and I know of 2 others.

I pointed this out to the Secretary as she thought it was enter entire dogs and bring the neuter not enter the neuter and bring the entire dogs.

Ditto for QLD seems mostly only the speciality group shows have neuter class otherwise zilch, such a shame as it would be great to have the opportunity as a purebred owner to still show your dog even if desexed due to a genetic trait which precludes responsible breeding :(

Well done on campaigning this cause :thumbsup:

We had 5 entered at Geelong, two neuters plus an entire cocker and two min pins. Yes BB the girls min pins are entered under their first name - same last name.

I saw that there was an M & J XXXX and I wondered. :) :) Also A XXXX??

Ditto for QLD seems mostly only the speciality group shows have neuter class otherwise zilch, such a shame as it would be great to have the opportunity as a purebred owner to still show your dog even if desexed due to a genetic trait which precludes responsible breeding :(

Well done on campaigning this cause :thumbsup:

Zeebie I believe the the problem with Qld is in the rules and regs, which is stupid because they are going against an ANKC decision. Go figure.

Could someone please copy the below statement to Ozshow as I am not a member.

A Facebook page has been started called Neuter Classes at Victorian Shows.

A business case is being prepared to present to Club Committes that offering Neuter Classes is a very viable option.

The belief is that people entered their entire dogs and also bring along the neuter.

Conversation at the Geelong Show on Sunday revealed that they selected the Geelong Show because it offered neuter and also brought along entire dogs.

Please like the page.

Please post if you like to to be added as admin as that way you can invite other interested people to like.

Mnay thanks to whoevere cross post. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well I have put Rebanne on the research trail and have got figures from the Newborough Sec.

So with Geelong should be able to do a good business case.

The Newborough sec said a few people missed the neuter class because the show closed before christams and they quickll did their usual entries then realized to late there was neuter.

Newborough is definetly doing it next year. YAY :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

I've liked the page and added my comments :p

I entered Geelong because of the neuter and entered my two entires as well but didn't get there so they got 3 entries for nothing because they offered that class :D