New Dog Treats

Kajtek

I am always searching for new, more exciting treats for my loves. Well, today the babes got something special..

1) Loyalty Seafood Sticks Shark Cartilage - 100% Australian from non protected species

2) Loyalty Seafood Gems Green Lipped Mussel - 100% Australian and 100% green lip mussel.

They loved it!!!

I am in Sydney and get them from petdeli (they deliver all the food for the doglets)

Here is the link

http://www.petdeli.com.au/category/74-dog-treats.aspx

Edit: I am sure you can get them from other suppliers. Maybe do a google for Loyalty products. If you cannot find them, I am happy to order them and send them to you.

Edited by Kajtek

My pup had some of the shark cartilage treats the other night for the first time, and it made her really pukey. She's a pug with a cast iron stomach, so I was surprised. They must be quite strong and rich in oils.

I've bought the polar paws treats many times and my lot love them. Also tuna treats from greenpet. I've heard people say that puppies shouldn't have shark cartilage, any reason or truth to this?

I've bought the polar paws treats many times and my lot love them. Also tuna treats from greenpet. I've heard people say that puppies shouldn't have shark cartilage, any reason or truth to this?

I'd not heard that. Just googled and some shark cartlidge products say not suitable for puppies, but can't find a reason for it. And anything I can find is using it as a treatment for things, not just an occasional treat.

I've thrown mine out anyway, since it made my 8 month old pup pukey.

I bought a dehydrator and I just make my own treats lol, cheaper and i know what goes in them!, but i buy kibble from here and their service is excellent, might try these muscles haha Gus is Master Ov Steel Stomach...... the kid eats fire starters without a second reaction....

We don't recommend it for puppies. It has been shown to hinder the formation of new red blood cells.

In a mature dog not really an issue as the benefits outweigh the small negative. However, the vast majority of puppies don't yet require the benefits of shark cartilage so we would rather allow their bodies to generate red blood cells completely unhindered.

Thanks for that VAN! Good to know :)

I have a dehydrator and buy the Asian thinly sliced shabu-shabu meats for crunchy treats. A little hard to source things like shark cartilage though :laugh: